Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

37 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

*another essay*

Okay, I'm officially done with you. I have no idea how to further explain things that are this simple to you. You don't believe me, fine, I couldn't care less.

People on this forum know me. They also know CM4Sci. They don't need a direct link to that tweet, just as I don't ask @Guyon2002 or @Falconfan1414 for direct links to where they got their information.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Oh boy, that's a lot of information at once. But here are some general thoughts and questions.

I'm pretty sure a WandaVision set is happening. Lego has not missed any MCU property since GOTG, so I doubt they'll miss WandaVision (look at how popular that show is right now!). I interpret the Tweet as a possibility for WandaVision Lego products.

I don't get the Spider-Man 3 debate (someone please explain it to me, I got confused reading the many comments). We're almost 100% going to get Spider-Man 3 sets, and that's all I care about for now.

I agree that Doc Ock and Spider-Man are inspired by PS4. Spider-Man is not in the same situation as the SE sets, where you can see the costume patterns match between the minifigs and their game counterparts. Doc Ock has several differences between his Lego and PS4 versions. But at the end of the day, does that even matter? Lego made it ambiguous, so those who want a PS4 Doc Ock can see this one as the PS4 version. It's like how I view the 2021 Cap as Endgame Cap. 

Edited by hvader

7 minutes ago, hvader said:

I don't get the Spider-Man 3 debate (someone please explain it to me, I got confused reading the many comments). We're almost 100% going to get Spider-Man 3 sets, and that's all I care about for now.

It started with someone writing something about SM3 sets (you know, the 3 $20 ones), and then  @Falconfan1414said something about "that we just assume" these are SM 3, implying that these 3 sets might not be SM3 sets after all.

And then @Scarilian started wringing essays about how these sets might be loosely connected to SM3, but not entirely based on them and how they got delayed and so on and so on.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

And then @Scarilian started wringing essays about how these sets might be loosely connected to SM3, but not entirely based on them and how they got delayed and so on and so on.

You can't have loosely connected sets to a MCU movie haha. It's either connected or it's not. 

Edited by hvader

6 minutes ago, hvader said:

You can't have loosely connected sets to a MCU movie haha. It's either connected or it's not. 

That's what I was trying to tell him, but he kept writing about how it could make sense because something and something.

They can take inspiration from a movie, but not only does it rarely happen, but there's also literally no way they'd make sets like this before the movie itself comes out.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

-snip-

What is so difficult about providing a source? I just wanted to see the source myself for context because you started on about a new costume and the only thing that the source actually confirmed was the headpiece which naturally led to Cosmos, TOTDForever and myself considering other options because we were unaware of a new costume and the source did not specify an entire new costume. Not everyone here knows you and regardless of that, asking for a source is not a reason to generally be rude to me.

Falcon keeps throwing out information saying they are potentially not SM3 sets, but if so why did a 1HY set get pushed back to October? What made them get pushed back? I'm speculating and discussing which is the entire point of a forum, mentioning varying options. What is your explanation for that if they are not SM3 sets? @hvader what's your viewpoint to explain it also?

I really don't grasp how you ignore the fact we are seeing unprecidented delays with an unprecidented line-up of sets and a lot of new variable factors thrown into the mix such as the D2C, CMF series, potential for Legacy sets and the Disney+ shows - let along the films and film related sets. This year throws a lot of new stuff at us and speculation is going to go a lot of different ways in an attempt to keep discussion going. Merchandising can now release months or years before a movie (Black Widow) and we can see sets long before we get them (Eternals).

If you are 'done with me' thats fine, hopefully it means you'll stop talking down to me for simply asking you to link to a source after you started having a go at people about not knowing a spoiler for WandaVision that they had kept hidden from trailers.

Edited by Scarilian

16 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

If you are 'done with me' thats fine, hopefully it means you'll stop talking down to me for simply asking you to link to a source after you started having a go at people about not knowing a spoiler for WandaVision that they had kept hidden from trailers.

Wanda's new suit is not a spoiler, as it was officially teased by Disney.

Something that's officially revealed by the company that makes this something cannot be considered a spoiler.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Something that's officially revealed by the company that makes this something cannot be considered a spoiler.

I thought only the Halloween costume she wore in the recent episode was teased? If we are talking about a potential MCU version of her comic suit, then I do believe we have yet to be made aware of anything related to that idea.

I could be wrong though I'm not sure 

8 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I thought only the Halloween costume she wore in the recent episode was teased? If we are talking about a potential MCU version of her comic suit, then I do believe we have yet to be made aware of anything related to that idea.

https://t.co/WHA4DZH8wY

https://t.co/Ujrt29p3JE

Look at the screens.

The Halloween costume wasn't teased, it was officially revealed. This is what a tease looks like.

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I can see your justification to saying its not a spoiler if they officially reveal it. Though the popularity on December 11th & January 1st compared to nowadays shows many fans may have missed early aspects - I know I missed the costume aspect and seems a few others did also. Though I guess we now have implied confirmation of a figure with a new costume which is neat :purrr:

The source tweet from Charles Murphy includes discussion and concept art that would have potentially helped focus the topic around an entire new costume rather than the mistake of just the headpiece, that's all I'm saying on that aspect.

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Falcon keeps throwing out information saying they are potentially not SM3 sets, but if so why did a 1HY set get pushed back to October? What made them get pushed back? I'm speculating and discussing which is the entire point of a forum, mentioning varying options. What is your explanation for that if they are not SM3 sets? @hvader what's your viewpoint to explain it also?

I may have misunderstood some arguments from previous comments (apologies if I did), but I'll explain my view: I think these sets are indeed Spider-Man 3 sets. Lego might have delayed them because the film is delayed. If these sets are not based on Spider-Man 3, they will feature no figures based on or inspired by the movie. They will have the Spider-Man 3 license, or they will be generic comics sets. I don't think we'll get sets with a mix of MCU and non-MCU things (at least not as tie-in to an MCU film. I know the SE sets are a mix but those are exceptions as the SE brand alone may not sell the sets). If Lego makes sets that even resemble Spider-Man 3 they will call them Spider-Man 3 sets instead of unlicensed generic Spider-Man sets (it's like Endgame. Most of the builds are inaccurate but they're still Endgame licensed sets because they have Endgame characters). I hope that explains my viewpoint clearly. Please let me know if I didn't.

EDIT: I understand your argument as this (please correct me if I'm wrong): there may be comics sets featuring Spider-Man 3 characters but those sets will not be based on the movie (ex: they release a comics inspired set of Spidey vs. Electro, something like that Wonder Woman comic con set featuring comics versions of WW and Cheetah). I don't think we'll see a mix (MCU electro in a non-MCU set for example), but if I understood your arguments correctly, it is possible we get comics set featuring comics versions of Spider-Man 3 characters before the proper movie sets.

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

You're not wrong. We have not seen a non-Halloween costume of Wanda with the helmet

Edited by hvader

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

By that logic yes, Lego is notorious for skipping out on detailed printing and accuracy, so the costumes wre similiar enough that the end result would probably be the same. Except the hair would have to be a different color. 

Look, I reeeeeeeeally dont want to sound mean, but come on, getting a comic minifigure of Wanda is already difficult as it is, are you telling me that having a slightly different haircolour would be a dealbreaker?

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

And I know this isn’t a wishlist thread but I’ll finish by saying I hope we get a Squirrel Girl in this years CMF series. 

I just want a Squirrel Girl CMF series

4 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Look, I reeeeeeeeally dont want to sound mean, but come on, getting a comic minifigure of Wanda is already difficult as it is, are you telling me that having a slightly different haircolour would be a dealbreaker?

Not if the figure has the dark brown hair, I’m sure MCU fans can pretend its light brown ;)

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The Halloween costume wasn't teased, it was officially revealed. This is what a tease looks like.

Ahhh I see what you're saying. That looks like the perfect mix of her comics costume and the MCU style. Can't wait for the figure (if the rumors are real)!

Before it was delayed and eventually cancelled, NYTF 2021 would have occured roughly over the course of this week. Lego could still do some official reveals online without the Toy Fair if we are very lucky, as they would naturally want to market sets releasing soon, though chances are admittedly slim.

Hopefully the D2C could be revealed on the 17th like the Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition for a March release, though lack of leaks about the set make me expect it sadly won't be.

At the very least the next week or so should hopefully clear up if we are getting anything movie or show related in March. Hope for a potential Disney+ Wanda Vision set revealed near or after the end of the show on March 5th. Otherwise March will only deliver us sets like 76170 & 76175.

On the bright side, after March we start getting into the good stuff and we'll have a lot more to chat about as we get releases more often.

9 hours ago, hvader said:

I think these sets are indeed Spider-Man 3 sets. Lego might have delayed them because the film is delayed. If these sets are not based on Spider-Man 3, they will feature no figures based on or inspired by the movie.

EDIT: There may be comics sets featuring Spider-Man 3 characters but those sets will not be based on the movie

I would lean towards them being Spider-man 3 sets also, though we only know they are some part of the 'Spider-man theme' and the remarks from Falcon hint that perhaps we should not immediately assume they are Spider-man 3 sets :shrug_oh_well: So trying to think of an explanation of why they would be delayed if they are not Spider-man 3 sets, the only things I could think of were for marketting or if they included an aspect.

I am not sure if this is concept art for the show or a fan depiction, but I think it gives a rough idea of how Wanda's new costume might look.
In terms of a figure:

• Would likely need to be a headpiece/hair combo piece (Something like Thorin Oakenshield's one would be fine)
  • Maybe dual molded arms, skintone upper segment, red with a red hand
  • Printed torso is fairly evident
  • Could probably get away with black legs and a red cloth piece around them like in the Civil War sets

Spoiler

18164pb01.png

EuLIfEuXEAEkiuI?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Scarilian

15 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

I speak for many people when I say this forum gives me a headache sometimes lol

Agreed! I think certain members don't realise how many members quietly use this forum and don't want to read pages and pages of immature, hostile, and counterproductive arguments.

24 minutes ago, RobbieHxC said:

Agreed! I think certain members don't realise how many members quietly use this forum and don't want to read pages and pages of immature, hostile, and counterproductive arguments.

No kidding. You know a lot of us have email notifications enabled for this thread? Every time someone posts on here it pops up in my email, and the emails stop stacking after about ninety of them come through and just start a new one. 
To paraphrase, I have empirical evidence that everyone on this site has faaaaaaaar too much to say, and very little of it is of actual substance. 
Then again apparently I’m no better. Sorry to all the people who just got this in their email. :tongue:

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

No kidding. You know a lot of us have email notifications enabled for this thread? Every time someone posts on here it pops up in my email, and the emails stop stacking after about ninety of them come through and just start a new one. 
To paraphrase, I have empirical evidence that everyone on this site has faaaaaaaar too much to say, and very little of it is of actual substance. 
Then again apparently I’m no better. Sorry to all the people who just got this in their email. :tongue:

I'm not saying I'm not writing a lot on this forum, but have you, for example, considered... I dunno... turning off email notifications?

39 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm not saying I'm not writing a lot on this forum, but have you, for example, considered... I dunno... turning off email notifications?

I think their point is that they want to get the notifications in case we have any news but only gets notifications from us talking about how The Batman will be R Rated and we're getting 80 sets for Wandavision.

14 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I think their point is that they want to get the notifications in case we have any news but only gets notifications from us talking about how The Batman will be R Rated and we're getting 80 sets for Wandavision.

Probably true but I wouldn't say Eurobricks is the go-to place for news and leaks.

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Then follow #legoleaks, not Eurobricks - it's a place for discussion about information, not information itself.

Spoilers for WandaVision

Spoiler

Funko just revealed their figure of "Pietro" played by Evan Peters. If we get a WandaVision set, what's the chance of us getting him as well? 

Spoiler man on Twitter has said we are getting lego marvel studios sets in March, very interesting (i know to take this with the graniest of sales)

but he is a scoop leaker 

9 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Spoiler man on Twitter has said we are getting lego marvel studios sets in March, very interesting (i know to take this with the graniest of sales)

but he is a scoop leaker 

Not much time for a reveal if they're releasing in March. Very exciting times.