Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I just think it looks... Off? I dot knlw why exactly but it looks like a bootleg to me.

Glad y'all enjoy it, I guess

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

I just think it looks... Off? I dot knlw why exactly but it looks like a bootleg to me.

Glad y'all enjoy it, I guess

Him not having a nose (which alot of minifigures does) make it looks off. Specially with those minifigure eyes. I'm happy he is regular version judging by the face printing, won't have his summer clothes. Not perfect but I'm glad for what he is. 

I think it'll look better if we can see the pieces together. Head + head/hair piece.

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Him not having a nose (which alot of minifigures does) make it looks off. Specially with those minifigure eyes. I'm happy he is regular version judging by the face printing, won't have his summer clothes. Not perfect but I'm glad for what he is. 

I think it'll look better if we can see the pieces together. Head + head/hair piece.

Oh, my bad, I was refearing to the What If Hulkbuster

Didnt knew about Korg's head yet hahah

16 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Okay, atleast seeing the Korg head doesn't have sun glasses kinda confirms it it's a regular version of him. 

Does that really confirm anything though? Because I really can't remember him ever wearing sunglasses. In Endgame he only had headphones and a Hawaiian shirt :shrug_oh_well:

4 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Does that really confirm anything though? Because I really can't remember him ever wearing sunglasses. In Endgame he only had headphones and a Hawaiian shirt :shrug_oh_well:

Must have been looking at a difference film lmao. But yeah you're right headphones. I bet they won't print it in the head also do mold with the headpiece so I think it's safe to assume his regular. If ever he's wearing a polo. That would suck 100000x

Advent Calendar leaked and it's by far one of the worst Marvel sets ever. Both the new Iron Man and Spidey totally suck :sick:

2 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Advent Calendar leaked and it's by far one of the worst Marvel sets ever. Both the new Iron Man and Spidey totally suck :sick:

Totally agree. Lmao. I wanna see Spidey if that's really his uniform from MCU. 

6 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

This is the worst thing I've ever seen, I cant stop laughing

Same goes for the Advent Calendar, it all looks off. It just seems as if someone mashed superhero minifigures with some random clothes parts (sweaters, jeans, scarfs etc.).

I like some builds, like Infinity Stone tree or Iron Man snowman, but we all know those are just random things that have no real use.

As for Iron Man's Sakaarian Mech... if I think objectively, then I really like it. The build is unique enough, and so are the minifigures - Tony Stark with this t-shirt is lovely, Valkyrie looks fantastic and so does The Watcher. I am also SO GLAD that it's not WWII Steve's Mech.

Subjectively... it's just nor for me.

5 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Wasnt Nick Fury and Captain Marven supposed to be in the AC?

Thought so too

Wow, that Sakaarian Iron Man mech is a surprise!
It's a very interesting concept, but not for me personally. Easy pass.
Tony's sweater is a great inclusion though, and of course The Watcher. Great job on him :sweet: 

The Advent Calender... Hm. By now I'd only be getting it for Spidey and he doesn't look as interesting as I thought, yet.
Maybe better pictures will change my mind.

Regards,
Mitch

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Same goes for the Advent Calendar, it all looks off. It just seems as if someone mashed superhero minifigures with some random clothes parts (sweaters, jeans, scarfs etc.).

I like some builds, like Infinity Stone tree or Iron Man snowman, but we all know those are just random things that have no real use.

As for Iron Man's Sakaarian Mech... if I think objectively, then I really like it. The build is unique enough, and so are the minifigures - Tony Stark with this t-shirt is lovely, Valkyrie looks fantastic and so does The Watcher. I am also SO GLAD that it's not WWII Steve's Mech.

Subjectively... it's just nor for me.

22 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Advent calendars have always been tiny side builds with a few minifigs (with 1 or 2 exclusives) thrown in. What were you guys expecting? A Sanctum Sanctorum build (like the Bugle) for 30 $? Reality can often be disappointing, when you your expectations are disparate and removed from reality. Star Wars advent calendars have been this way since their inception in 2011. Now we are getting a Marvel one for the first time and it is the worst ever? It offers the cheapest way to get multiple infintiy stones to date. Figures have arm printing and there are some exclusive prints. You get 6 or 7 minifigs in a 30 $ Marvel set. There is no Marvel set at that price point which has ever given you that many. Sure some are repeats but that is often the case with other Marvel sets as well. I have tons of Spiderman.

" [...], but we all know those are just random things that have no real use." Wow (Owen Wilson/Mobius wow). If you can't find use for bricks from a building toy, I don't know why you are even collecting it in the first place. Just add them to your parts collection and build anything you want with it. Noone expects you to keep the tiny quinjet on display till you're 80.

Instead of bit**ing about the AC, let's talk about that wonderful World War 2 Hulkbuster + the three figs of Peggy, Steve and the Hydra Goon. The colours are all wrong and since when is Peggy a bald dude with a blue cape? Steve has a goatee and black hair!!! Talk about screen accuracy. And since when do Hydra goons fight with swords and have armour showing their front attributes? Lego can't get anything right (or is it the leakers :wink:)

7 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Advent calendars have always been tiny side builds with a few minifigs (with 1 or 2 exclusives) thrown in. What were you guys expecting? A Sanctum Sanctorum build (like the Bugle) for 30 $? Reality can often be disappointing, when you your expectations are disparate and removed from reality. Star Wars advent calendars have been this way since their inception in 2011. Now we are getting a Marvel one for the first time and it is the worst ever? It offers the cheapest way to get multiple infintiy stones to date. Figures have arm printing and there are some exclusive prints. You get 6 or 7 minifigs in a 30 $ Marvel set. There is no Marvel set at that price point which has ever given you that many. Sure some are repeats but that is often the case with other Marvel sets as well. I have tons of Spiderman.

" [...], but we all know those are just random things that have no real use." Wow (Owen Wilson/Mobius wow). If you can't find use for bricks from a building toy, I don't know why you are even collecting it in the first place. Just add them to your parts collection and build anything you want with it. Noone expects you to keep the tiny quinjet on display till you're 80.

Instead of bit**ing about the AC, let's talk about that wonderful World War 2 Hulkbuster + the three figs of Peggy, Steve and the Hydra Goon. The colours are all wrong and since when is Peggy a bald dude with a blue cape? Steve has a goatee and black hair!!! Talk about screen accuracy. And since when do Hydra goons fight with swords and have armour showing their front attributes? Lego can't get anything right (or is it the leakers :wink:)

Well just look at Harry Potter Advent Calendar. All the minfigures look good, with 5 out of 6 being exclusive. They don't look like weird Christmas mash-ups. The builds are all interesting and work as additions to sets.

Same goes for Star Wars - you've got Christmas variant for Mando and Grogu, whose Christmas looks are incorporated into their costumes, and the rest minfigures are just regular characters. 

My main disappointment is that it's SE based. After The Infinity Saga sets, who needs more of those?

But picture shows only figs and few builds. Not all content. Hold your horses. I hope for some mini builds for hall of armor there.

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well just look at Harry Potter Advent Calendar. All the minfigures look good, with 5 out of 6 being exclusive. They don't look like weird Christmas mash-ups. The builds are all interesting and work as additions to sets.

Same goes for Star Wars - you've got Christmas variant for Mando and Grogu, whose Christmas looks are incorporated into their costumes, and the rest minfigures are just regular characters. 

My main disappointment is that it's SE based. After The Infinity Saga sets, who needs more of those?

Over at the Harry Potter thread you yourself mentioned that one being the least favourite of the 3 and I have to disagree (it's definitely better than the 2019 one and might be on par or even better than the 2020 one). I like the HP one since it offers a lot of useful prints, minifigs and pieces. I just few the calendars as part packs with exclusive figs and prints that I buy once or twice.

The Marvel one also offers good additions to the sets. First off (if you don't like the SE sets like Avenger's tower or Helicarrier) it will be one of the only current sets on the market to get the infinity stones for the new Infinity Saga wave. Also the Black widow with arm printing is the best rendition of her character and also works in the context of the first Avengers and Iron Man movies. Nick Fury with the grey cap is straight out of Age of Ultron. Thor with that hair piece is good for those that haven't collected the first Infinity war sets. The white unprinted Iron Man helmet can be used in a Hall of Armour MOC on a work bench as a prototype under construction. 

3 hours ago, Legofania said:

Okay, I'm glad it's not Cap's mech, but this mech sucks. I mean, it's literally built from trash. Minifigures are nice, especially Valkyrie. Can't say the same for The Watcher, though. It's just nice that they included them. And Tony is just great. I like his torso a lot. Maybe if it'll at least 40% discount I'll buy it

I really wouldn't be surprised if the torso appeared again, in city or something. I don't think it's a mistake that there's no indicating skin tones on it.

Why does Korg look like a 50 year old man with a skin condition

45 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Also the Black widow with arm printing is the best rendition of her character and also works in the context of the first Avengers and Iron Man movies

No? The only similar thing between those designs is that the suits are black.

Edited by PGBQW

One of the promotional photos for the Hulkbuster makes it look like it’s passing gas. Is that an emissions/exhaust feature? Christmas Iron Man looks unfinished.

So What If sets turned out to be Sakaar Hulkbuster and not WW II Steves mech. While it's yet another Hulkbuster, at least this one looks unique! Figures wise Uatu is cool but underdetailed, Valkyrie need Rey hairpiece from SW in black. Tony in Black Sabbath shirt is very cool choice here, but he definitely needs new face print at this point! This face they are using from 2018 is very bland and not expressive tbh.

Edited by benderisgreat

53 minutes ago, mrcngrck said:

But picture shows only figs and few builds. Not all content. Hold your horses. I hope for some mini builds for hall of armor there.

We already know about most if the mini builds tho, it leaked a while ago. 

Most of them are either useless, or are micro builds of things like Quinjet (which are also useless).

There are a few good ones tho - Mysterio's drone, Infinity Gauntlet with all Stones or "Proof that Tony Stark has a heart" piece.

48 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Over at the Harry Potter thread you yourself mentioned that one being the least favourite of the 3 and I have to disagree (it's definitely better than the 2019 one and might be on par or even better than the 2020 one). I like the HP one since it offers a lot of useful prints, minifigs and pieces. I just few the calendars as part packs with exclusive figs and prints that I buy once or twice.

The Marvel one also offers good additions to the sets. First off (if you don't like the SE sets like Avenger's tower or Helicarrier) it will be one of the only current sets on the market to get the infinity stones for the new Infinity Saga wave. Also the Black widow with arm printing is the best rendition of her character and also works in the context of the first Avengers and Iron Man movies. Nick Fury with the grey cap is straight out of Age of Ultron. Thor with that hair piece is good for those that haven't collected the first Infinity war sets. The white unprinted Iron Man helmet can be used in a Hall of Armour MOC on a work bench as a prototype under construction. 

Yeah that was my first thought, but I've grown to like the HP AC a lot more. Not better than last year's, but definitely better than 2019 one.

Infinity Gauntlet is an incredible addition, I agree. Nick Fury is also from FFH, so that works with MCU sets - the rest don't. 

Why is everyone glad it's not the WWII mech? I thought people were quite stoked by that idea just a few months ago. Just because it would be too close to Iron Monger? 

Admittedly, having two mechs for two What If sets is not hugely appealing now.

Glad the Advent Calendar has a fire extinguisher.

Am I blind? Where is Nick Fury in the advent calendar? Or is he just not in the leaked picture.

Absolutely hilarious that they're including all of the Infinity Stones in a calendar.

Don't see what people have against Korg. He looks completely fine to me. I'm really looking forward to seeing that set (unless the leakers have been wrong about it being Thor's house).