Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I didn't start actively collecting the MCU sets until 2018 (budgetary reasons) so I would LOVE a wave like this one :wub:

Yeah, would be great. I'm hoping the Daily Bugle results in them doing more big sets and Avengers Tower would be ideal for a 2022 Legacy wave.
Realising I missed the Gold Captain America set from my speculation :facepalm: Re-added it now

28 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Whiplash would be better off done in the CMF. The CMF line gets more detailed printing than set minifigs, and the arm and torso printing would need that level of detail. Also, to do the whips properly, they'd need to be flexible, and dual molded.

We have a new translucent whip piece with the Shang Chi sets, I kinda think they would use that :shrug_oh_well:

18 minutes ago, doclord said:

I assume they are saving Wasp 2.0 (as in Lego Fig 2.0 because the first one was a mess) and Ant-Man minifig WITH new helmet (but old prints) for Quantumania sets.

Wasp had a fairly minor role in Endgame, so they are probably focusing on the main characters to an extent.

Edited by Scarilian

16 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

We have a new translucent whip piece with the Shang Chi sets, I kinda think they would use that :shrug_oh_well:

If you mean in the large set, I think you're mistaken. It looks like several of the posing stands attached to one another, with five of the LOTR One Ring pieces on the stud attachments.

Edited by gedren_y

I have no idea how the Mandarin uses the Ten Rings in the movie, but I wish they had made a translucent "wheel" piece that has them float behind him in a circle. That could be used for a lot.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Here is my idea of how 2022's wave would be if we got a legacy wave:

Now that would be a great wave to get!  All three Phases represented, inclusion of movies that never got sets, remakes of sets that would benefit from it, and an excellent variety of minifigures?  I would be all on board with 2022 having this sort of lineup.  As much as I would like to see characters such as Brock Rumlow in a Lemurian Star set or Heimdall and/or Loki in the Asgard set, their inclusion probably wouldn't be realistic without bumping the sets up to larger price points.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Here is how to do it:

And this seems like a clever way to go about releasing all the Iron Man suits.  I'm rather amused that the number of CMF worthy suits listed would be exactly enough to completely fill out a 12 minifigure series :laugh: Imagine if LEGO decided to go that route.  Well, maybe in about a decade we'll have enough sets and CMF series to get the Iron Legion completed.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

You forgot to mention that we already got "transforming" Mark 8. I dunno if that counts but I can see TLG making an actual suit. (after all they did release a variation for Mark 43. 

I keep forgetting that the transforming variant is meant to be the Mark 8.  I do hope that's not the only representation of that armor we get from LEGO, considering it's nowhere near a full suit.

On 3/9/2021 at 2:23 PM, bradreed715 said:

Shang Chi polybag leaked

Can someone help direct a returning newb to where I need to go to see images of leaks? Am I correct that they're not allowed in this forum? 🙏

Edited by wyrm12

1 hour ago, wyrm12 said:

Can someone help direct a returning newb to where I need to go to see images of leaks? Am I correct that they're not allowed in this forum? 🙏

Yes, they are not allowed on the forum. Instagram is best bet, try searching 'LegoShangChi or LegoLeaks or Legoleaks2021 or some variation of the hashtag. The polybag leaked a while ago so it might be buried under all the recent posts :shrug_oh_well:

On 3/10/2021 at 10:44 PM, PGBQW said:

I mean we have over 150 pages, you cant seriously expect them to

Yes I do, I read it all! AhhhahaAAHAHHA! 

Yes, that does make sense.

8 hours ago, Scarilian said:

8 hours ago, doclord said:

The 5 rings are just attached by the DC CMF stands attached to each other. Unfortunately, it's not a new piece.

8 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Now that would be a great wave to get!  All three Phases represented, inclusion of movies that never got sets, remakes of sets that would benefit from it, and an excellent variety of minifigures?  I would be all on board with 2022 having this sort of lineup.  As much as I would like to see characters such as Brock Rumlow in a Lemurian Star set or Heimdall and/or Loki in the Asgard set, their inclusion probably wouldn't be realistic without bumping the sets up to larger price points.

And this seems like a clever way to go about releasing all the Iron Man suits.  I'm rather amused that the number of CMF worthy suits listed would be exactly enough to completely fill out a 12 minifigure series :laugh: Imagine if LEGO decided to go that route.  Well, maybe in about a decade we'll have enough sets and CMF series to get the Iron Legion completed.

I keep forgetting that the transforming variant is meant to be the Mark 8.  I do hope that's not the only representation of that armor we get from LEGO, considering it's nowhere near a full suit.

Id like to replace older marvel sets in my mcu collection like updated guardians of the galaxy and avengers 1 sets with better printing and better box art.

i prefer the boxes that have the names of the films on them and not the “super heroes” label

Edited by BusterNut31

Not following other themes, but if you say "legacy" sets, do they rehash the same exact set design with better printing of figures and slight difference when it comes to build?

15 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Not following other themes, but if you say "legacy" sets, do they rehash the same exact set design with better printing of figures and slight difference when it comes to build?

Where did the legacy name come from? Btw

i assume it came from the marvel legends series of two packs that had figures from older mcu films.

27 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Who are you quoting here?

@BusterNut31 read in few pages back that Ninjago and Starwars had a similar case for what they call "legacy" wave.

I just wanna ask if they use the same characters over again and just do better printing. Because if that's the case I can see them doing with Marvel too, I mean I'm happy because I have the OG Avengers line of figures but most of them doesn't look good, specially Natasha and Thor. 

46 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

@BusterNut31 read in few pages back that Ninjago and Starwars had a similar case for what they call "legacy" wave.

I just wanna ask if they use the same characters over again and just do better printing. Because if that's the case I can see them doing with Marvel too, I mean I'm happy because I have the OG Avengers line of figures but most of them doesn't look good, specially Natasha and Thor. 

I think they are leaning towards legacy sets for marvel going forward.

we need to buy these sets to set an example that mcu sets done properly are instant best sellers.

the avengers line needs to be in the best selling themes of 2021 and with star wars not looking so great this year (apparently) we can maybe surpass that IP.

Edited by BusterNut31

59 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

Where did the legacy name come from? Btw

i assume it came from the marvel legends series of two packs that had figures from older mcu films.

It's mostly based off Ninjago's Legacy subtheme, in which they remake sets that were done years ago and also sprinkle in some stuff from the show that were never made like the Overlord in his dragon form or the giant Stone Warrior.

30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's mostly based off Ninjago's Legacy subtheme, in which they remake sets that were done years ago and also sprinkle in some stuff from the show that were never made like the Overlord in his dragon form or the giant Stone Warrior.

Id love an updated quinjet , also a set from thor 1 (a destroyer would be amazing or a frost giant with a blue face loki variant)

Red Skulls roadster NEEDS to be a set! 

32 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Gotcha. So that's where it originates. Somehow this new marvel wave of sets isn't legacy. Morelike a complete new wave of Infinity Saga sets. Because what we're getting hasn't been done yet. It's the first time. That's the difference for "legacy" in Ninjago set. Correct me if I'm wrong.

To clear the confusion, Promobricks confirmed that this subtheme is labelled as "The Infinity Saga".

It's not MCU Legacy, but it's a nice name because it has a nice ring to it.

22 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Gotcha. So that's where it originates. Somehow this new marvel wave of sets isn't legacy. Morelike a complete new wave of Infinity Saga sets. Because what we're getting hasn't been done yet. It's the first time. That's the difference for "legacy" in Ninjago set. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah that's right. Before finding out this new subtheme would be called "The Infinity Saga" fans just referenced to a potential wave like this one as "Marvel Legacy" and I wouldn't be surprised if that title sticks around. Legacy sure sounds a lot catchier than The Infinity Saga :tongue:

Very happy to see the shoulder pads gone! The torso looks really weird with its grey colour

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Rocket leaked! It‘s a new mould without the shoulder part and it‘s indeed reddish brown with printed goggles :thumbup:

Well they might sell him without it but that doesn't mean he won't have it in the sets

1 minute ago, Legofania said:

Well they might sell him without it but that doesn't mean he won't have it in the sets

You do know the shoulder part and head were always one piece right? 

Depending on the shots you look at Rockets outfit does appear grey in some places. I would've preferred dark blue but even as it is this is an amazing figure!