Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, ood0 said:

blue-engineering-brick.jpgWow, look at these incredible Square Enix Marvel Lego sets! They look great!

The only reason the builds would be strong is because they resembled bricks so much they became one

(Tried to find dark blue bricks but then I couldn't be bothered do I didn't)

Avengers tower is one of the best builds in years, helicarrier is an incredible template for modification, Hulkbuster is certainly accurate if oversized, and although they weren’t what I would call desirable, the truck and bike are relatively solid. The only one that looks like a brick is the helicarrier, which, as I said, can be modified pretty easily.

Honestly, I dont see how a GOTG wave could support more than 2 sets at most. 

Don't forget also the fact that LEGO has been trying to tap in the gaming market for a while now. I'd expect at least 1-2 sets in between all MCU stuff we're gonna get next year.

And actually, if the SE avengers sets are of any indication, SE GOTG sets could give us a mix between game and comic minifig designs (thinking about black panther, hawkeye, Falcon & BW and Red Skull).

I would quite like to see 1-2 sets based on this. Maybe their new take on the Milano and something else (too early to say what else the game holds I guess). 

I am also one of the few who, like @cosmic, quite enjoyed the SE figs. I actually like the Iron Man, Cap A (the mech one), Cap M and Thor figs more than most of their MCU variants. Hawkeye and War Machine were cool too (but I don't have them). So I'd be curious to see what Lego do with the figs for this one. Hopefully alongside the main five they could also give us some other more comic accurate characters. 

And, as was previously mentioned, any opportunity to get Drax (and a green Drax at that!) is a plus in my book. 

1 hour ago, admiral_typhoon said:

Don't forget also the fact that LEGO has been trying to tap in the gaming market for a while now. I'd expect at least 1-2 sets in between all MCU stuff we're gonna get next year.

And actually, if the SE avengers sets are of any indication, SE GOTG sets could give us a mix between game and comic minifig designs (thinking about black panther, hawkeye, Falcon & BW and Red Skull).

If they want to make sets based on Marvel games so badly Insomniac's Spider-Man franchise is right there with potential sets galore. Despite being a PS4 exclusive the first game still managed to become the best selling superhero game of all time, yet LEGO opted to completely ignore that aside from some SDCC figs :hmpf:

I think the new Guardians game has potential for sets, like the new Milano and some giant monsters in brick-built form. White armor Gamora is long overdue, I hope the next GotG movie give us this variant. Let's see if they invest in this game just like they did with the Avengers one (which had LEGO sets and a Marvel Legends wave, and is from the same company). But of course I wanna see next year more Infinity Saga sets (one with Ego for GotG Vol 2, specially).

I couldn't resist anymore.. I bought Drax for 30€ (shipping included)
I hope it was worth it

I’m really looking forward to the CMF rendition of Spider-Man, cape and all. Sam Wilson and Vision I am sure will both look superb (maybe not Vision if he is Medium Stone Grey I seem to remember someone speculating).

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

If they want to make sets based on Marvel games so badly Insomniac's Spider-Man franchise is right there with potential sets galore. Despite being a PS4 exclusive the first game still managed to become the best selling superhero game of all time, yet LEGO opted to completely ignore that aside from some SDCC figs :hmpf:

Unless they can't make sets for this, that's an option too.

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Unless they can't make sets for this, that's an option too.

They've already made figures so I don't see why sets wouldn't be possible. 

51 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

They've already made figures so I don't see why sets wouldn't be possible. 

SDCC figures work on different rules I suppose.

This has probably been discussed before, but do all of you think Lego will make another Marvel SDCC set this year? If so, which movie will it be based on? My money is on a Shang-Chi set, and I hope this time Lego makes the set just a wide Lego shop@home exclusive instead of the super limited North American release. 

6 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Looking at Marvel Legends, they gave a lot more attention to the Avengers game (two BAF waves, with even alternate suits, Kamala and Abomination) than to the Spidey game (only the Spidey suit, and a two pack with Mr Negative in the 3 3/4 scale). So I guess both Hasbro and LEGO just promoted more what Marvel wanted to promote.

2 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

the Spidey game (only the Spidey suit, and a two pack with Mr Negative in the 3 3/4 scale).

There´s also the Spider-Armor Mk3 and Velocity Suit.

So there's Chinese catalogue saying next Cmf series will be released in September instead of rumored August date. So when does marvel Cmf come out then?

huh...the boxart background looks A LOT like Sakaar from the scrapbuster set...

Also dark green is a surprising choice - I thought they would've gone with sand or olive.

Yikes, that's a little rough honestly. This and the Sakaar Hulkbuster seem WAY too similar to be released at the same time.

Can we make out the figures? Is it Peggy, Steve and Red Skull?

3 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

huh...the boxart background looks A LOT like Sakaar from the scrapbuster set...

Also dark green is a surprising choice - I thought they would've gone with sand or olive.

As we saw with the Bad Batch shuttle Lego loves taking dull colors or even merely hints of a color in a set and extrapolating to the moon

2 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

Yikes, that's a little rough honestly. This and the Sakaar Hulkbuster seem WAY too similar to be released at the same time.

Can we make out the figures? Is it Peggy, Steve and Red Skull?

The arms and legs on both of them are in almost the exact same pose…

The tesseract seems to be a transparent minecraft head indeed, so good job whoever guessed it, because they'll definitely use it for CMF carter as well (maybe there's hope for a variant with printing?)