Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Hmmm then why would they release a regular set with him? Also how do you know it’s not in the cmf?

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

He wears the Ronin costume throughout the film, the ''accessories'' are just different. More armor, the hood, etc. Here's the Hottoys version for comparison: 

Huh, I’ve never noticed that :blush: That definitely helps justifying a Ronin minifig :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Agreed. Endgame still their biggest film. I know that alot of us thinks that those Avengers sets would be (highly likely) based on SE Game, but imagine if not, imagine if some of those 6 sets is loosely based on MCU/Endgame just to give us those missing characters. 

Exactly. A year ago you could make the argument that LEGO would prefer to make sets based on a new avengers property (the game) rather than Endgame. However, we have basically no new Avengers content for 2021, and everyone saw how Square Enix Avengers failed. Given that people are still talking about Endgame and that toy companies are still making Endgame products, an Endgame/MCU wave would not be so crazy now

4 minutes ago, Thieda said:

Hmmm then why would they release a regular set with him? Also how do you know it’s not in the cmf?

I think FalconFan posted that it’s most likely not coming in the cmf

3 minutes ago, Thieda said:

That's the question we are also wondering. Falcon ruled out CMF already, and it is too early to have a leak while we don't get anything from Looney Tunes. 

2 minutes ago, hvader said:

Exactly. A year ago you could make the argument that LEGO would prefer to make sets based on a new avengers property (the game) rather than Endgame. However, we have basically no new Avengers content for 2021, and everyone saw how Square Enix Avengers failed. Given that people are still talking about Endgame and that toy companies are still making Endgame products, an Endgame/MCU wave would not be so crazy now

I think FalconFan posted that it’s most likely not coming in the cmf

In addition to that, didn't they (LEGO) learn that Marvel is one of the highest selling theme for last year probably, they are giving back the love that it deserve. Hahahaha!

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Yeah it’s not cmf or advent calendar 

There ya go folks, our saviour have spoken.

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

In addition to that, didn't they (LEGO) learn that Marvel is one of the highest selling theme for last year probably, they are giving back the love that it deserve. Hahahaha!

About time. We’ve been asking for more MCU and Endgame sets since summer 2019 haha

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Yeah it’s not cmf or advent calendar 

Can ya give us anything else? :grin:

Just now, hvader said:

About time. We’ve been asking for more MCU and Endgame sets since summer 2019 haha

Good old times bruh, good old times. Give us the minifigures we deserve. 

So he’s either included in the D2C set or one of the 2HY sets... Personally, I’d prefer the latter, because that would basically confirm that these sets are not based on the game. If it’s the former though... Enix ahoi :tongue:

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

No don’t expect it to be a big fig 

Could it be in a polybag or some sort of mech? Or is it not even in a standard system scale set?

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

So he’s either included in the D2C set or one of the 2HY sets... Personally, I’d prefer the latter, because that would basically confirm that these sets are not based on the game. If it’s the former though... Enix ahoi :tongue:

I dunno, either of those is welcome to me. But knowing those Avengers sets can be based on MCU. Imagine there's gonna be a possibility for many new characters rather than single D2C set.

Just now, Brickroll said:

Could it be in a polybag or some sort of mech? Or is it not even in a standard system scale set?

I'd be happy to get him as a minifigure or probably a new mold similar to Trolls or what so ever that still require a minifigure base or parts.

17 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

So we are either getting MCU Legacy sets or D2C set is related to either Endgame Or Ragnarok? I see this as an absolute win!

Keep in mind that’s not necessarily an exclusive ‘or’, in the best-case scenario both the D2C set AND the 2HY Avengers sets are based on the MCU *oh2*

However, I hope we don’t run into a monkey’s paw situation here :tongue: 

25 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

So we are either getting MCU Legacy sets or D2C set is related to either Endgame Or Ragnarok? I see this as an absolute win!

These are the only possibilities I see as well, and those are both amazing outcomes. :moar:

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I like this hype

Me too :laugh: I was pretty ‘meh’ on the whole 2HY list, mainly because the MCU stuff will be delayed anyway and the expectations for the Avengers sets were low. But this news changes everything. I haven’t been this excited for a Marvel wave since Infinity War *oh2*

Edited by Lego-Freak

If it's not a bigfig then there's no way they'd make him with a standard minifig head...right? That would be ugly.

A moulded head would also be neat for generic aliens or perhaps even make that kronan titan Thor fought in TDW.

Not very interesting in Korg myself, but it's nice to see the inclusion of less familiar/popular characters in general :sweet:

@Lego-Freak what is your/the definition of 'legacy', in this context?

Regards,
Mitch

2 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

@Lego-Freak what is your/the definition of 'legacy', in this context?

The way I used ‘legacy’ here means everything from the MCU pre-pandemic, both films they’ve covered before and ones they’ve missed or ignored :classic:

10 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

If it's not a bigfig then there's no way they'd make him with a standard minifig head...right? That would be ugly.

It'd be scary

21 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

My hunch would be something akin to Rocket. A molded head/shoulder pad combo.

I think that would look good on a fig body, even if it would be a little small.