Evilkirk

Micro Coruscant Speeder Chase [8 x 16 MOC]

New version of an older build from 2017 - the Speeders have both been re-designed and I'm posting this again because there are now FREE downloadable instructions on Rebrickable! :)

Coruscant front page

Coruscant speedersCoruscant speeder chase top

19 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

Looc awesome!

15 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Excellent build!

Thanks guys :)

Very nice! I love the fact that you use the micro scale to your advantage to create a really "big" and dynamic chase scene with those buildings and great posing of the speeders!

I also had a look at your previous version of this MOC and the changes your made especially to Zam Wesell's speeder are such a leap forward. By swapping the large wedge-slope bricks with a stack of wedge plates and tiles, you slimmed down the speeder and made it look a lot faster. Another advantage is that you could balance the colors better so it looks like a killer paintjob. Maybe you could make it even more aggressive by using those 1x2 bows with 45° cut to get sharp points, but I'm not sure those would blend as well with the rest of the body. Another thing you could do is to make the slope of the prongs less extreme so they remain thinner for longer (by using for example 1x2 wedge plates). You could even use a corner tile with cut corner to get the side window shape closer to the original.

As for Anakin's speeder, those cuarter circle tiles are a sharp looking improvement! I wonder if you could also use similar tiles (or maybe the stadium tile variety or those tooth plates) to emulate the two bumps behind the passenger's heads. That might help making the passenger compartment itself look relatively bigger. Oh, and one more thought! I wonder if you couldn't find something with even more texture for the front cylinders of the speeder. A part that popped into my mind was the printed head of the IG-11 minifig...

Anyway, great micro's for in a fascinatingly big micro lay-out! I'm guessing these are a lot of fun to zoom around!

Thanks again guys - especially thanks to BEAVeR for the in-depth analysis, you really studied the model before posting which is great to see.  I was trying to use as few parts as possible whilst mostly using parts which are commonly available in Star Wars sets, but I agree there are always possibilities to improve - which is one of the things I love most about Lego!

If anyone else builds this, I'd love to see some modifications - the buildings could be so much more detailed, but I was trying to keep them simple as 'background buildings' with the speeders in the foreground - anyway I'll repeat the instructions are free to download from Rebrickable at https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-52836/evilkirk/micro-coruscant-speeder-chase/#details :pir-cry_happy:

On 10/12/2020 at 10:16 PM, BEAVeR said:

Anyway, great micro's for in a fascinatingly big micro lay-out! I'm guessing these are a lot of fun to zoom around!

...and yes, when my wife isn't watching 'Zooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!' haha :laugh: