marvelBoy123

[M13 - Devaron - TT] Swoop trial

*Your entry has earned 12 XP (x2 for limited challenge)*

Farantros narrative:

I shouldn't be home. The government of Devaron is cruel and oppressive. All who supported the empire face execution by the Quarra and I promised myself that I wouldn't meet the same end as my father had. That changed when I received a holo-transmission from a friend. Kunlo is a Melitto ronin and Triumvirate informant on Devaron. Turns out that a resistance was being organised on the planet - a group named Core Devaron who were loosely imperial and eager to overthrow the government. It was a risk to come home but I knew they needed all the help they could get and so a meeting was arranged. Turns out they wanted me to pass a trial - if I could beat one of their agents in a swoop race then I could win their trust. Well no true Devaronian backs down from a challenge...

800x837.jpg

800x741.jpg

Spoiler

800x658.jpg

The platform idea was inspired by @Macropus's awesome build and fitted nicely with the landscape (smaller overall area than 32x16). The melitto uses the reverse of embo's head and is an alien design that I am very happy with. The bikes are both my own designs and I tried to make one with legs removed and one without (hopefully one to please everyone's tastes. I like building really small speeders and trying to integrate interesting parts such as the elite praetorian guard armour in the red speeder.

800x600.jpg

Really excited to bring my character home, something that I have been planning for a long time so hopefully I can give it an interesting story.

Edited by goatman461

On 9/20/2020 at 6:36 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Neat build. I love the tree particularly. It is a very Star Warsy scene.

On 9/21/2020 at 9:07 AM, Darth Bjorn said:

Nice build! The speeders are a little simple, but the building and platform is awesome!!!

14 hours ago, JShortForJay said:

Yeah this is brilliant detailed terran build! The red speeder looks great

Thanks, I took some inspiration from Dagobah as my memories of the amazon to try and give the feel of a swamp/jungle landscape. The platform is based on the idea that buildings in jungles are usually on stilts to avoid flooding - figured this was the SW equivalent. Wish I had a little more time with the speeders to add some detail, though some of the style is just due to my small minifgure scale. 

Forgot to show the texturing on the side of the building as well so here it is:

800x600.jpg

Edited by marvelBoy123

Nice black crotch-rocket! I like the tree, though it feels a little Minecraft-y to me.

On 9/23/2020 at 12:59 AM, Denal31 said:

Nice speeders, and great job on the platform, terrain, and building!

Thanks!

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Nice black crotch-rocket! I like the tree, though it feels a little Minecraft-y to me.

Thanks, pretty happy with the shaping on the black speeder. I do want to try and make a less block tree at some point - definitely a long term goal to improve my landscaping!

The setup of the terrain and the building is very nice and the different technics used fit very well together. The platform and building details are very effective.

Sorry to necro a thread! Great build, especially the tree and the unique swoops! But... What head did you use for the Melitto?!  I can't find it in bricklink, it's perfect!

Edit: I just learned how to read, apparently... The reverse of Embo's head!

Edited by DrMuttonchops
Found the answer

1 hour ago, DrMuttonchops said:

Sorry to necro a thread! Great build, especially the tree and the unique swoops! But... What head did you use for the Melitto?!  I can't find it in bricklink, it's perfect!

Edit: I just learned how to read, apparently... The reverse of Embo's head!

Glad you like it, the head seemed like the perfect choice - interesting being able to use the reverse of a head given the species lack of eyes!