Sign in to follow this  
The Librarian

X-Men: Blackbird and Sentinel

I've had this sitting around for a while and it was high time I photographed it. Sorry for the somewhat ropy background - it's the only spare sheet I own and a global pandemic is not a good time to go iron shopping.

This is basically a large-scale remake of set 76022-1 - and I do mean large, the jet ended up over two foot long. It worked out fairly nicely though. The underside is pretty ugly, since I had to leave it bare studs. Everything else is surprisingly sold though. It seats six minifigs comfortably. My last version had properly wheeled landing gear but this time around, I opted for the stability of landing pads (the X-Men's Blackbird has always been improbably VTOL capable anyway).

The Sentinel is nothing special, but I was quite happy with how the head turned out. The X-Men involved all use the Racer-X torso - I went on a bit of a collection binge a year or so back!

50251205347_f1791ba2ca_b.jpg

50248480991_c873aa2b85_b.jpg

50251204992_ace730c28b_b.jpg

50254500088_4151d6221b_b.jpg

50254500348_2f61e67c1d_b.jpg

There are more pictures on my flickr, if you're interested.

:)

Edited by The Librarian

That blackbird is everything I ever wanted in a Lego x-men set.

The Blackbird is really nice! The rest as well. I stopped reading x-men comics in the 90 so please help me with the line-up