Just now, Brick Clicker said:

Yeah it will be intresting to see what they are remakes of if they are legacy but I'm swinging more towards S16 sets maybe now. For my I'm the most curious as to what the modular will be and what they'll do with it at that smaller scale

Im personnel hoping it will follow my MOC layouts, using a 16x32 baseplate instead. That would be a dream, but it would also be a more affordable to younger fans, and people like me who blew most of their budget on the gardens early this year. It could also mean I could pick up 2 of these smaller ones and build one mirrored, like what I did with my copy of the gardens. I am absolutely in love with the modular theme and I am really looking forward to (hopefully) these more affordable sets!

18 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Im personnel hoping it will follow my MOC layouts, using a 16x32 baseplate instead. That would be a dream, but it would also be a more affordable to younger fans, and people like me who blew most of their budget on the gardens early this year. It could also mean I could pick up 2 of these smaller ones and build one mirrored, like what I did with my copy of the gardens. I am absolutely in love with the modular theme and I am really looking forward to (hopefully) these more affordable sets!

Yeah agreed hopefully it's on a baseplate to fit with all the other modulars and they did it with the Daily Bugle too. With around 1300 they could still do something pretty great with it just won't be as detailed as we've come to love with the Ninjago modulars

7 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

With around 1300 they could still do something pretty great with it just won't be as detailed as we've come to love with the Ninjago modulars

I predict that the following events will happen in the next six months:

1. Speculation about the new modular leads to wildly amazing expectations (probably both that it will be amazing or that it's too small and will be terrible).'

2. We get leaks about the name/form which allows people to double down on their position.

3. We see a blurred photo that everyone unanimously hates (hurrah for bringing the community together).

4. We see the full images that everyone loves (more hurrah for bringing the community together).

Maybe I'll become as good as you at predicting things... ;)

I do like the idea of a continuous line of these. And while it's always nice to think that the next one will be even bigger, maybe it's nice to have a smaller thing, that's either lower - maybe just the old level or to complement the temple - or narrower, to give more flexible layouts and configurations.

I would love for like a small market kinda in the vein of the Temple Fair. 

Just wanted to get peoples opinion on this, I’m thinking off picking up the legacy bounty but something seems “off” about the build? I think it’s just too compact and short, I was wondering if anyone has modded it or managed to improve it? I just feel like the proportions are off, the back wings are too short and small. But despite this, I really want a bounty (my brother owns the movie one but it’s considered “wrecked” now), it’s the only one available right now and it’s gotten very high praise. I’m also wondering if it’s possible to fit figs standing up in the hold under the cannon, I can’t figure out if it’s possible and no one has mentioned it in any reviews. Thoughts? 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

14 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Just wanted to get peoples opinion on this, I’m thinking off picking up the legacy bounty but something seems “off” about the build? I think it’s just too compact and short, I was wondering if anyone has modded it or managed to improve it? I just feel like the proportions are off, the back wings are too short and small. But despite this, I really want a bounty (my brother owns the movie one but it’s considered “wrecked” now), it’s the only one available right now and it’s gotten very high praise. I’m also wondering if it’s possible to fit figs standing up in the hold under the cannon, I can’t figure out if it’s possible and no one has mentioned it in any reviews. Thoughts? 

I think the Legacy Bounty is the best build so far. The Movie Bounty may be more majestic but it was waayy more "stubby" with super unrealistic proportions. Should have been at least a third longer to look realistic. Colours were good but much more off and sails were just a joke and not worthy of that teriffic ship. The Legacy Bounty could be a bit longer as well but it works better in my opinion and overall its a more "advanced" and a clean build - which doesn't matter to me as I modded any non-fitting colour out anyway, as in all of my 5 Bountys :pir-tongue:

When talking about the overall looks, I only improved some things at the "front deck" (which was surprisingly easy) and put plates under the technic mechanism at the bottom of the ship (easy cheasy to cover up). I think the looks work out very well. From the distance you wouldn't see any difference to mine and the official one. My other Bountys are modded so strong, that you could almost call them a MOC. I think this is one of 3 Lego sets were I was actually pretty fine with how it looked officially.

• Some guests asked me why there's a house on the boat (meaning the dojo) - but actually this depiction is pretty close to these kind of ships (some of them were looking like a weird ship hull with a huge asian house on it).
  • The sails - like in the show - are more fantasy but accurate to the show version and a good size + very good quality. So the first good sails so far! I still think of making new sails for the Movie Bounty and the possession one as they are either too small or really bad plastic-quality.
  • The wings I think are really huge (the biggest of any Bounty so far) but especially if put on a stand it works. But if you like to make them even bigger, I'm sure it's easy to mod :classic:

If I had to only choose from all my Lego sets only one - I'd probably take this one. I got it on sale a month after release (like 90$) but honestly I wouldn't have minded the full price. Just the figures are boring.
When I manage to make some flicr thingy - I'll upload pictures of my fleet :wub:

On 8/11/2021 at 3:28 PM, a guy from somewhere said:

It’s a fantastic build.  There are a bunch of very nice combinations of system and technic to incorporate the various mechanisms.  Some really clever designs and parts usage building up the ships hull.  And I also think the dojo section is very well done.  Highly recommended.

I built the two new 10th Anniversary sets and figured that I would share my thoughts on them.

The Fire Dragon Attack wasn’t really a set I was that excited for, so I was pleasantly surprised when I built it. The process was very enjoyable and the finished result looks amazing on display. Also, I love the molded head! Really, the only problem with this set is the minifigure selection. Nya may be my favorite 10th Anniversary ninja, but the other three figures are extremely boring. So far this weekend, I’ve built the 2019 Monastery, this set and the new Ultra Sonic Raider so I have three more Legacy Kais and Zanes to add to my collection.

The Ultra Sonic Raider wasn’t a set I was looking forward to too much either, especially since I already have the 2016 set and really enjoyed it. This one didn’t really surpass my expectations like the Fire Dragon and didn’t reach the level of quality in the Ultra Stealth Raider. With that 2016 version, the completed model with all four vehicles attached looked great and the four vehicles themselves all looked good on their own too. The same can’t really be said for this new version. The jet looks cool by itself but the two side bikes don’t look as cool as the ones on the 2016 version and the middle section doesn’t stand up right and the cockpit area keeps wanting to flip upside down. It’s also harder to detach/attach the vehicles in this version compared to the last one. The minifigure selection here isn’t the best either, as I just built the Legacy Monastery the night before which had a lot of the same figures. Golden Zane is pretty great though.

Overall, I’d say that the Fire Dragon Attack is definitely worth picking up. The Ultra Sonic Raider is a decent model, but unless you want Golden Zane or if you want a complete 10th Anniversary collection (both of which apply to me), then you can probably pass on that one.

Edited by The Stud

3 hours ago, The Stud said:

I built the two new 10th Anniversary sets and figured that I would share my thoughts on them.

The Fire Dragon Attack wasn’t really a set I was that excited for, so I was pleasantly surprised when I built it. The process was very enjoyable and the finished result looks amazing on display. Also, I love the molded head! Really, the only problem with this set is the minifigure selection. Nya may be my favorite 10th Anniversary ninja, but the other three figures are extremely boring. So far this weekend, I’ve built the 2019 Monastery, this set and the new Ultra Sonic Raider so I have three more Legacy Kais and Zanes to add to my collection.

It's really a miss that Ninjago doesn't have more budget for figures. As far as I calculated correctly, they have slightly less budget but still there's a very good amount of new prints. As they have to divide between new seasons and Legacy though, both suffer significantly.

Like the only inhabitants of seabound were the same water snakes.

I think it would have been really cool to get more diverse unterwater figures (even just newly printed creature figures like sharks/fish would have been fine).

...and to get new figures for Legacy. The only pull for me are really just the great builds. I could make an army of Legacy Jay, Kai and Zane figures.
Next to different ninja outfits, there's so many cool figures we could have gotten. I get the problem; not enough budget for prints - but I really hope next year, they kick out all the Legacy figures. 3 years is enough..

9 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

It's really a miss that Ninjago doesn't have more budget for figures. As far as I calculated correctly, they have slightly less budget but still there's a very good amount of new prints. As they have to divide between new seasons and Legacy though, both suffer significantly.

Like the only inhabitants of seabound were the same water snakes.

I think it would have been really cool to get more diverse unterwater figures (even just newly printed creature figures like sharks/fish would have been fine).

...and to get new figures for Legacy. The only pull for me are really just the great builds. I could make an army of Legacy Jay, Kai and Zane figures.
Next to different ninja outfits, there's so many cool figures we could have gotten. I get the problem; not enough budget for prints - but I really hope next year, they kick out all the Legacy figures. 3 years is enough..

I don't really feel the same way. Yes, Legacy costumes repeat and new factions for the main story don't typically have as much variety as the early years of the theme did, but personally I don't particularly miss the days when there were dozens of unique villains to have to collect every year. Maybe I'd feel differently if I were just getting into the theme or if Ninjago was the only theme I was interested in, but with a massive collection already under my belt and several other themes that I'm interested in collecting, getting a new variant of each ninja, a new main villain, and one or two types of minion for them feels like plenty for me. Getting additional enemies, allies, or ninja variants is a nice bonus when it happens, but I don't really feel like I'm hurting for content. And I feel like with Ninjago waves being smaller and tighter, I'm actually interested in a greater percentage of what sets there are than I was back in earlier years, when certain sets felt like they were only worth it for the figs and others barely felt worth it at all, repeating a lot of their aesthetics and content from other sets.

Speaking of Legacy, the set I want to see most is Four Swords Blacksmith at the $99.99 price point, or better yet $129.99. Though the former is more realistic.

It could better resemble its show appearance and include Wu, Gardamon, Kai, Nya, Samukai, and another Skulkin.

This is the setting where it all started, after all. The original Four Swords set isn't up to snuff.

52 minutes ago, bricksnator said:

Speaking of Legacy, the set I want to see most is Four Swords Blacksmith at the $99.99 price point, or better yet $129.99. Though the former is more realistic.

It could better resemble its show appearance and include Wu, Gardamon, Kai, Nya, Samukai, and another Skulkin.

This is the setting where it all started, after all. The original Four Swords set isn't up to snuff.

yessss please!!!!!!!

On 7/15/2021 at 3:54 PM, Takanuinuva said:

Anyone else have really loose hips on their hydro mech? 

I had to swap it out with an older version of that ball joint piece. 

Also save for needing a second sticker sheet for the pentagon tile on the arm. My mods to the Hydro Mech are done. (Once I get that sticker sheet. I'll take proper pictures as these were done with my phone)

20210715_135056.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/728340223842320394/865319966961696808/20210715_135113.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/728340223842320394/865319990265905233/20210715_135129.jpg

Major mods were covering up the cockpit. Fixing the shoulders filling in the back. and adding knees.

Damn what an improvement! Need instructions ASAP!

If you live near a Legoland theme park or Discovery center don’t miss your chance to get these coins!! My kids got 1 each for a total of 5!

t0jWdmE.jpg
UXyqRu0.jpg

1se8SSx.jpg

How cool!! From ninjago I'd even like to have something like this :pir_laugh2:

Anyway, I was thinking a bit - do we have set names yet for the next yeason? Or was it just for Legacy?

Because I am still wondering what setting we'll get next. If they stick to "integration of classic themes" - I think pirates would make sense. They could do another big ship - different enough from yet another Bounty.

2 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Anyway, I was thinking a bit - do we have set names yet for the next yeason? Or was it just for Legacy?

Because I am still wondering what setting we'll get next. If they stick to "integration of classic themes" - I think pirates would make sense. They could do another big ship - different enough from yet another Bounty.

I agree, if there are no in-house pirates, a Ninjago-fied version of pirates would be perfect timing.

Barracuda Bay is apparently retiring, Ninjago Island sets should still be on shelves for 1HY2022,  also parts could stay in production for eventual possibility of Skybound Legacy.

7 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I agree, if there are no in-house pirates, a Ninjago-fied version of pirates would be perfect timing.

Barracuda Bay is apparently retiring, Ninjago Island sets should still be on shelves for 1HY2022,  also parts could stay in production for eventual possibility of Skybound Legacy.

They could do many things but to finally get pirate-Jay or even a non-steampunk verison of the Missfortunes Keep would be pretty great! Versions of the figs without the tech would also be neat!

On 9/4/2021 at 5:19 PM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

How cool!! From ninjago I'd even like to have something like this :pir_laugh2:

For the 1HY season, I think 90% it's Kai season, there was a clue in Seabound about the fire element in "Riddle of the Sphinx" the riddle was about the fire.
Also according to that rumors which got out in August, set number 71762 is Kai's Dragon. Now of course it's a rumor and not confirmed but that could mean that the next season is Kai season.

Anyway, it's too early to decide who will be the main Ninja in the next season.

But if the rumor was correct, what could be the story that will make Kai the main Ninja?

Edited by AhmadMorro

1 hour ago, AhmadMorro said:

For the 1HY season, I think 90% it's Kai season, there was a clue in Seabound about the fire element in "Riddle of the Sphinx" the riddle was about the fire.
Also according to that been rumored in August, set number 71762 is Kai's Dragon. Now of course it's a rumor and not confirmed but that could mean that the next season is Kai season.

Anyway, it's too early to decide who will be the main Ninja in the next season.

But if the rumor was correct, what could be the story that will make Kai the main Ninja?

personally I dont think it could be a kai season, as usually the focus ninja will get a dragon, however we already have a legacy fire dragon on shelves. 

On 8/21/2021 at 3:45 PM, eldiano said:

If you live near a Legoland theme park or Discovery center don’t miss your chance to get these coins!! My kids got 1 each for a total of 5!

t0jWdmE.jpg
UXyqRu0.jpg

1se8SSx.jpg

Those are awesome! Do you have to ask for one or do they go ahead and give it to you?

12 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Have we heard any more about the new modular-esque building for NC? 

I think that rumor list from a month or two ago said that it was supposed to be Borg Tower, but I’m also very skeptical of that list (partially because I didn’t see a lot of big leak accounts corroborating it) so it’s a bit of a question mark.

On 9/6/2021 at 1:06 AM, The Stud said:

Those are awesome! Do you have to ask for one or do they go ahead and give it to you?

I think that rumor list from a month or two ago said that it was supposed to be Borg Tower, but I’m also very skeptical of that list (partially because I didn’t see a lot of big leak accounts corroborating it) so it’s a bit of a question mark.

You just make videos with their Ninjago setup, they are just six stations and the helps you by asking to recreate ninja poses once you are done they just give you the coin!  They gave them out one per person who did it in my store!!! But they are awesome indeed!!!