adde51

Mophet armory - Al-Asliha

As the city has grown, so has the need for a proper armory. While the old one served its purpose, it was simply put an armory fit for a smaller settlement, and not enough to supply the increasing number of guards that now kept the peace in Mophet. The old armory had therefor been torn down to make room for a much grander building and something that was well equipped to arm the city guard with more than just the bare essentials. 

50199535091_cfd7378389_c.jpg

So I decided to update the old armory, will probably build an interior to match it at some point but right now you'll have to settle for the facade. Hope you guys like it, cheers!

The colors are great, especially in the doorway.  The trees on either side of the stairs are just the right size.  Great Kaliphlinian MOC!

The planter area and those trees are very nice.  As already mentioned, the doors look great and the subdued colors still really pop against the tan walls.  Looking forward to seeing that interior.  :wink:

I love watching Mophet grow.  You have a great eye for the architectural lines of Kali, and your attention to detail really unify the builds into one city, even if we can't see it all at once.  I like the incorporation of the new BAM shields, and the simple and elegant lines of the decorations at the top.  I like the planters, too, but there is somewhat of a slight feeling of incongruity that I couldn't place until I looked at it several times, and I think that the curved edges of the planters are somewhat at odds with the angular trim on the top of the building.  Of course, if this was a remodel of an old building, it's exactly what you'd expect, since buildings get remodeled all the time and have varying architectures running together.  I really like the use of the large copper swords as door handles, too.  As always, the whip trees are great!  Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing more of Mophet!

Great integration of those awesome shields!  I also really like the statue on top and those trees have a nice look of belonging to some species or other instead of just being trees (not being anything like a tree expert, I have no idea what kind of tree they resemble).  But why are those soldierly looking minifigures completely unarmed? :grin:

On 8/12/2020 at 2:03 PM, marvelBoy123 said:

love the shaping of that doorway!

Thanks a lot!

On 8/12/2020 at 11:19 PM, jtooker said:

The colors are great, especially in the doorway.  The trees on either side of the stairs are just the right size.  Great Kaliphlinian MOC!

Thank you very much!

On 8/13/2020 at 3:03 AM, deraven said:

The planter area and those trees are very nice.  As already mentioned, the doors look great and the subdued colors still really pop against the tan walls.  Looking forward to seeing that interior.  :wink:

Glad to hear, I have some ideas for the interior...

On 8/14/2020 at 7:19 PM, Grover said:

I love watching Mophet grow.  You have a great eye for the architectural lines of Kali, and your attention to detail really unify the builds into one city, even if we can't see it all at once.  I like the incorporation of the new BAM shields, and the simple and elegant lines of the decorations at the top.  I like the planters, too, but there is somewhat of a slight feeling of incongruity that I couldn't place until I looked at it several times, and I think that the curved edges of the planters are somewhat at odds with the angular trim on the top of the building.  Of course, if this was a remodel of an old building, it's exactly what you'd expect, since buildings get remodeled all the time and have varying architectures running together.  I really like the use of the large copper swords as door handles, too.  As always, the whip trees are great!  Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing more of Mophet!

Appreciate it, thanks! A bigger shot of Mophet is on the way...haha!

On 8/15/2020 at 2:38 AM, Kai NRG said:

Great integration of those awesome shields!  I also really like the statue on top and those trees have a nice look of belonging to some species or other instead of just being trees (not being anything like a tree expert, I have no idea what kind of tree they resemble).  But why are those soldierly looking minifigures completely unarmed? :grin:

Thank you so much! Haha, the soldiers travel light so that they will be able to carry all the new armour and stuff that they intend to buy :laugh:

Great work! So many nice details here (such as knight shields on either side of the door). I also like how you did the trees!

On 8/26/2020 at 11:12 PM, socalbricks said:

Great work! So many nice details here (such as knight shields on either side of the door). I also like how you did the trees!

Thanks a lot, glad to hear!

As others have mentioned, the trees are great here!  I also really like the detailing and shape of the two spires at the top.

You sure are cranking out the MOCs!