MP LEGO Technic creations

[WIP] Inspired by older CASE IH Magnum 7140 (New progress photos)

I the differential used as a central one, or is there the one for the wheels ?
Anyway, looks promising.
And btw, you can color the tyre with rubber black color.. It will remove the "shiny" color of the tyre.

2 hours ago, Touc4nx said:

I the differential used as a central one, or is there the one for the wheels ?
Anyway, looks promising.
And btw, you can color the tyre with rubber black color.. It will remove the "shiny" color of the tyre.

So next time i'll make wheels less shiny... Anyway the differential which can be seen is the central one. In prototype that I've tested today there isn't it because it will use 2 XL C+ motors for propulsion (1 per axle) except one. Although I'll be powerful enough, it's too slow. The rear diff can be locked, the front one won't be necessary.

Best regards 

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Cool! Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. :thumbup:

Thx.

Always love seeing a tractor moc!! 

btw, the real machine doesn't use a central diff.. Looking forward to seeing the progress!

Using central differential with appropriate gearing on front and rear axle is mandatory for all wheel drive on Trac with unequal tire sizes...and CVX 340 has (one of combination) 600/70R30 at front and 710/70R42 at the rear. Looking forward to see your development. :thumbup:

9 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Using central differential with appropriate gearing on front and rear axle is mandatory for all wheel drive on Trac with unequal tire sizes...and CVX 340 has (one of combination) 600/70R30 at front and 710/70R42 at the rear. Looking forward to see your development. :thumbup:

@I_Igor Thank you. Unfortunately I've already decided to use one C+ XL motor per axle and add Power functions battery box so no central diff will be used. I'm also decided to make it all-wheeled.

13 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

Always love seeing a tractor moc!! 

btw, the real machine doesn't use a central diff.. Looking forward to seeing the progress!

@TeamThrifty Thank you!

So here are the next photos. I think it's quite proportions-off (It's still WIP). 

Actually it has got: 

• 2 C+ XL Motors for drive
  • 1 C+ L Motor for steering
  • 1 M Power Functions motor
  • 2 Battery boxes (C+ Smart hub and for Power Functions)
  • Front and rear PTOs (connected together, controlled by the M motor)
  • Air pump (controlled by the M motor)
  • Front hydraulics (1 small pneumatic cylinder)
  • Rear hydraulics (1 short thick pneumatic cylinder - 47224c01)
  • Rear differential lock
  • Fake 4 pistons in-line engine (connected to the front axle)
  • 4 Pneumatic outputs at the rear (for an attachment)

IMG_20200611_071521IMG_20200611_071321IMG_20200611_071336IMG_20200611_071408IMG_20200611_071427IMG_20200611_071454IMG_20200611_071213IMG_20200611_071257

Edited by MP LEGO Technic creations

I wonder how will you achieve different rotation speeds for XL motors, since front tires are smaller (if you will make CLASS tires at the rear then you need Fisher tires at front...)...not to mention that in that case (Case IH) should be 16.5 studs wide (usual rear tire is 2070mm / 107 ~~ 1:19.5 scale)... So it is quite a challenge. I see how challenging is to incorporate all future actions in my Fastrac and without few slopes I can not finish hood so I have to wait for an order to arrive...because I do not want that my hood solution looks like made of cardboxes...

Good luck 

Kind regards 

1 minute ago, I_Igor said:

I wonder how will you achieve different rotation speeds for XL motors, since front tires are smaller

There are a few solutions to do it. 

• I can use the Powered Up app where is possible to regulate motors' rotations (in %)
  • I can use a gear combination that will make the front wheels rotate faster. 

16 minutes ago, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

There are a few solutions to do it. 

• I can use the Powered Up app where is possible to regulate motors' rotations (in %)
  • I can use a gear combination that will make the front wheels rotate faster. 

I have full manual version made with central differential (but it is one of competitors)...

Here

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=535335

The model looks good, however, I am not expecting your front hydraulics to lift much.  One small cylinder is a bit weak for the size of the tractor.  I know it may look in proportion, but the performance under load may be disappointing.  i look forward to watching the powered up app regulate the wheel speeds.

On 6/11/2020 at 10:02 PM, trekman said:

The model looks good, however, I am not expecting your front hydraulics to lift much.  One small cylinder is a bit weak for the size of the tractor.  I know it may look in proportion, but the performance under load may be disappointing.  i look forward to watching the powered up app regulate the wheel speeds.

@trekman Thank you. There isn't any problem to add the second small pneumatic cylinder. I haven't done it yet but it won't take more than 5 minutes. Then the hydraulics should be stronger.

What about the Powered Up app? It seems to be quite complicated. There are so many symbols that I have to try out to find the best solution.

Best regards

Edited by MP LEGO Technic creations

After a long time of innactivity, I have good news. 

The old chassis was quite awful, so I decided to rework it.

Everything is new, except the front axle, which has been only improved.

Now it uses only one battery box (C+ Smart hub)

It has almost the same functions as the previous chassis, except the front PTO, which has been removed and the rear hydraulics, which is now operated by C+ XL motor powered worm gear.

I have also decided to turn it onto an older Magnum model (it isn't exactly the 7140 but it's the nearest one).

Now it also uses the central differential.

Here are some photos:

IMG_20200629_150744IMG_20200629_150818IMG_20200629_150844IMG_20200629_151147IMG_20200629_151052

I love tractors! Can you post some pics of the internals.. its great to see how others have solved the problems :classic:

This feels like its channelling the spirit of a Zetor Crystal - and i mean that as a compliment! Something about the styling...