SNIPE

42115 Lamborghini Sian MODs and Improvements

23 hours ago, jb70 said:

I finally found an easy solution to pimp up the spoiler lift mechanism. By the use of a worm gear we get a self-locking HOG spoiler control, that will keep locked in position either low or high or in every position in between. With this mechanism we can replace all friction pins in the mechanism with frictionless ones to get an easy and smooth operation.

The new Spoiler Lift Mechanism has been integrated into Pimp up my Lamborghini v1.2 which I released today.

800x800.jpg

Thank You very much again, jb70, for your great work.

We have built with son Porsche, Bugatti, Land Rover and Lambo using your Pimp Up versions.

Time to update Lambo to ver 1.2 :)

On 9/24/2020 at 6:16 PM, Zerobricks said:

They snapped the U joints, not the CV ones, and it's using the 8 new motors we developed for use with BuWizz, which a bit stronger than lego RC ones. I may make an LDD model in the future.

I adore this one, LDD would be very much appreciated maybe not to make it 8 motors but 4 buggy motors just replicating your drivetrain ideas on the modified front and rear axles and also motorizing of the doors and the spoiler 🙏🏻

4 hours ago, BurakKBS said:

I adore this one, LDD would be very much appreciated maybe not to make it 8 motors but 4 buggy motors just replicating your drivetrain ideas on the modified front and rear axles and also motorizing of the doors and the spoiler 🙏🏻

Currently working on such setup with 4 motors for 42125.

Hey everyone, I joined specifically to say thanks to @jb70 for pimping the Sian, as well as the Chiron I've improved with his help as well!

I'm now at the stage when I tore apart the original build of the Sian and was about to pimp the 1.1 version and today saw the 1.2 version posted few days back  :)

I haven't found a way to compare part lists between 1.1 and 1.2 automatically so I did it manually. If you have parts for 1.1 (like me) then you'll need these parts (attached) to go with 1.2. I hope I matched them correctly (was doing it by hand since I'm a noob) :)

1830841131_ScreenShot2021-02-17at16_41.42-2.thumb.png.d7804e507532cd4c15030b7eedecb3f8.png

Edited by igor-z
Added image

1 hour ago, igor-z said:

I haven't found a way to compare part lists between 1.1 and 1.2 automatically

You may also use this link to see which parts are different. There is also an export option to create a bricklink wanted list.

https://rebrickable.com/sets/compare/slow/?1-set=MOC-46782&1-inv=68462&1-user_list=&2-set=&2-user_list=93667

I will add this link to my MOC description.

In the 1990s and early 2000s I was big into Technic, but I haven't built a set of any significance in about 20 years. However my kids got me the Sian for Christmas. My first impression was "this looks awesome." My second impression, looking through the instructions, was "this looks like a mess." It took me a while to get all of the parts but I just finished building the set using @jb70 's and @astyanax's instructions. I wanted to thank both of you for the time and energy it took to create instructions and to thank everyone else in this thread for their improvements to the Lego version of the model.

I now have a properly pimped-up Lambo.

Edited by codex99

Constructed astyanax’s previously posted rendering of the modified rear side wing.

50975399737_aa686e9757_c_d.jpg

Edited by LegoHoops

4 hours ago, LegoHoops said:

Constructed astyanax’s previously posted rendering of the modified rear side wing.

Looks great in reality, I think!

On 2/22/2021 at 11:59 PM, codex99 said:

I wanted to thank both of you for the time and energy it took to create instructions and to thank everyone else in this thread for their improvements to the Lego version of the model.

You're very welcome. :pir-wub:

im thinking of incorporating both jb70's and astyanax's mods into my set, which would mean an extra ~800 bricks that i need to purchase from bricklink.

should i purchase all parts from a single seller or purchase each brick based on which seller is selling at the cheapest (which is very time consuming)?  what's your approach to buying such large quantities of bricks for those who have modded their 42115 set according to jb70's and astyanax's instructions?

are the instructions provided by jb70 and astyanax easy to understand for beginners? i scrolled through the instructions briefly and they look complicated vs the step-by-step from lego. 42115 is my first technic set

Edited by tihehe

Hi

49 minutes ago, tihehe said:

im thinking of incorporating both jb70's and astyanax's mods into my set, which would mean an extra ~800 bricks that i need to purchase from bricklink.

should i purchase all parts from a single seller or purchase each brick based on which seller is selling at the cheapest (which is very time consuming)?  what's your approach to buying such large quantities of bricks for those who have modded their 42115 set according to jb70's and astyanax's instructions?

When ordering from BrickLink, be careful of shipping costs, I usually try to find the cheapest stores and then compromise lower price for for fewer stores.

50 minutes ago, tihehe said:

Are the instructions provided by jb70 and astyanax easy to understand for beginners? i scrolled through the instructions briefly and they look complicated vs the step-by-step from lego. 42115 is my first technic set

If you have built the original using Lego's instructions their mods should be easy. If not I'd suggest doing that first. The mod instructions have fewer steps so might be more challenging for a beginner

21 minutes ago, Odinkuijpers said:

If you have built the original using Lego's instructions their mods should be easy. If not I'd suggest doing that first. The mod instructions have fewer steps so might be more challenging for a beginner

the thought of building the set and then dismantling it to analyse which part i need to make modifications to is daunting..

6 hours ago, tihehe said:

are the instructions provided by jb70 and astyanax easy to understand for beginners? i scrolled through the instructions briefly and they look complicated vs the step-by-step from lego. 42115 is my first technic set

I'll admit that the modded instructions will be more challenging to follow. As (co-)author I cannot objectively judge how much more challenging.

For buying parts, also compare with Lego Bricks & Pieces, which has low shipping costs (at least in my country) and typically lower prices for parts that have been released recently. There are several such parts in my mods at least.

On 2/24/2021 at 6:24 AM, LegoHoops said:

Finally I managed to try out that modification to the black 'fins' as well. I changed it slightly from my previous rendering and it's very robust now (the Bionicle tooth can't rotate anymore).

Compared to TLG's solution, this mod is 1M less tall and 1M longer. I'll add instructions for it to my Rebrickable page as soon as I find the time...

20210228_113009_HDR.jpg

20210228_113042_HDR.jpg

Hallo,

I've got a few questions.

Is it possible to build a Gear Limiter into the original Gearbox? 

@astyanax

Do you have a seperate instruction only for the cosmetic changes? Or a part list (than I could derive where I have to use the parts)? I only want to change the optic of the Lamborghini. Expect the Gear limiter.

@Admins

Do you have problems with the GMX Email Hoster. I have another Account, but I forgot my password. But I dont get any Emails from Eurobricks.

Edited by Hasso

On 3/3/2021 at 3:43 AM, Hasso said:

@astyanax

Do you have a seperate instruction only for the cosmetic changes? Or a part list (than I could derive where I have to use the parts)? I only want to change the optic of the Lamborghini. Expect the Gear limiter.

@astyanax@jb70

the instructions only for the modified parts will be extremely helpful...rather than figuring out which parts are modified from the current instructions provided

24 minutes ago, tihehe said:

the instructions only for the modified parts will be extremely helpful...rather than figuring out which parts are modified from the current instructions provided

I don't doubt that. But please keep in mind that the work provided so far has been very time-consuming, and free. There is no further challenge or motivation to continue separating out the mods. Perhaps you'd like to take on a little challenge yourself? :pir-classic:

25 minutes ago, astyanax said:

But please keep in mind that the work provided so far has been very time-consuming, and free.

I think most poeple can't even imagine how much work it is to do instructions with this complexity and part count.

And offering the instructions for free...   I dont think I would have done that.

I applause everyone in this thread that kept and keeps on improving this model. Keep it up!

51015126137_f192365da7_c_d.jpg

Lamborghini Sian  - colour-way almost doable - sans fade.

Finished in Nuovo Bianco (White) to Viola Mithras (Purple), Viola carbon (Purple carbon) and Verde Scandal (Green) accents.

On 3/2/2021 at 8:43 PM, Hasso said:

Hallo,

I've got a few questions.

Is it possible to build a Gear Limiter into the original Gearbox? 

@astyanax

@Admins

Do you have problems with the GMX Email Hoster. I have another Account, but I forgot my password. But I dont get any Emails from Eurobricks.

I found a solution for including a gear limiter in the original gear box. It's definitely not the most elegant solution, but I had to make do with the few spare parts that I had lying around. I used the following parts:

mod.jpg.669a8078c4c4fe0be87351ff77476244.jpg

I also used a 1L pin connector. Hopefully it will be clear from the pictures below what you need to change. If not, let me know.

mod1.jpg

mod2.jpg

I just registered to say what an amazing work.

I made a mistake when building, where the gearbox wasn't working properly (a single piece the other way around). Since I had to take pretty much all of it apart, decided to look into your modifications.

Probably at 40%, and it looks great. And free! I'm flabbergasted with the quality of it all.

@astyanax I finally got the parts to finish some of your mods. The exhausts look fantastic (although I substituted black palm tree trunks for the barrels) but my favorite mod is using the Sian tile/plate as a license plate - this is an inspired use of what otherwise would be a useless plaque. I am now building your rear fins, but in your latest version (with the #2 angle connector securing the Bionicle tooth) I am having trouble trying to figure out how you construct and stabilize the fin. Do you by any chance have a photo of the fin assembly not attached to the car? Thanks, and again thanks for all of your work on your instructions

On 3/30/2021 at 3:21 PM, codex99 said:

@astyanax I finally got the parts to finish some of your mods. The exhausts look fantastic (although I substituted black palm tree trunks for the barrels) but my favorite mod is using the Sian tile/plate as a license plate - this is an inspired use of what otherwise would be a useless plaque. I am now building your rear fins, but in your latest version (with the #2 angle connector securing the Bionicle tooth) I am having trouble trying to figure out how you construct and stabilize the fin. Do you by any chance have a photo of the fin assembly not attached to the car? Thanks, and again thanks for all of your work on your instructions

:pir-wub:

Regarding the fin mod, do you mean this?

42115_fin_v7.png

NB: the pin hole of 85x85p.jpg takes the 8L axle with stop which holds the rear wheel arch. Also you'll have to turn around the conflicting 85x85p.jpg, you'll see which one I mean.