Sign in to follow this  
leafan

lego ideas [LEGO IDEAS] Spanish Galleon Warship

Hi everybody,

This week, instead of a new Ideas entry, I'd like to draw your attention to a great ship that will soon fail as an Idea and have to have words with Davey Jones' Locker!

Support now to save it!

I present, the Spanish Galleon Warship by Babyteeth. You may be familiar with Babyteeth as his/her entry of the Caribbean Clipper is currently surging through to 10,000 votes.

resize:800:450resize:800:450

Hello. I am a creator with the nickname called “Baby Teeth.” I am pleased to present you with my first creation [Spanish Galleon Warship]. The model of my piece is Spanish Galleon sailing ship in 16-17th century which was for sweeping the pirates from the sea.

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

The number of bricks used is about 2,800 pieces and the main colors are reddish brown, dark red, yellow, black and gray. This work is measuring the length of 64cm(25.2inches), the height of 55cm(21.6 inches) and the width of 22cm(8.6 inches).

It has total 30 cannons arranged which are made not of Lego’s ready-made parts but of the assembled basic bricks by myself. On top of that, the hull of the ship is made of only the basic slope bricks by my own creation, too. This way could make the hull a little bit less gorgeous in its curve but I believe that it is closer to the mind of Lego that cherishes the expression of assembling small pieces with own hands.

I also made the sail on my own by cutting the paper and then painting it with pastels to express it more voluminous and spraying the fixative on it.

This piece is planned to be dividable which can be separated into 4 parts of the hull, the deck, the captain’s cabin and the bridge.

Thank you.

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

There are far, far more images over at the Ideas entry, so go there to view those and support it now.

resize:800:450

Do you have any thoughts on this Idea? Do you love it? Hate it? Tell us why.

Most importantly, if you do love it - please go and support it on Ideas now. It doesn't have much time left!

Edited by leafan

i dont understand why people dont like/support ships like this? details are fantastic, looks great as a whole, i'll never understand how amazing work like this doesnt get a shot but things like a container ship do  

31 minutes ago, legoMoccer said:

i dont understand why people dont like/support ships like this?

It's most likely a combination of factors, but I'd suspect it's largely because LEGO Pirates aren't as popular as submissions relating to LEGO Town.

LEGO Town (or whatever it's contemporary equivalent is) has been enjoying yearly set releases since the 80s  and this really helps to maintain interest levels.

Meanwhile LEGO Pirates gets a new wave of sets every 6 years plus a few relevant releases during the interim  However, that's not enough to maintain the same level as interest as LEGO Town or any perennial theme.

5 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Baby Teeth strikes again! He's such a talented ship builder.

@Paradosis and @Mencot this would be a good MOC to post on the Facebook Page.

Agree, it is again an fantastic model. I supported it yesterday and published it on my own FB page but didn´t on Classic-pirates.

Afterall I like the CC more and hope Lego will approve, consider and make it as a set. But more ideas like this, the better because it gives Lego idea of that there are fans of pirates/soliders and the theme in whole.

Will do it in the next few hours. @Paradosis

2 hours ago, legoMoccer said:

i dont understand why people dont like/support ships like this? details are fantastic, looks great as a whole, i'll never understand how amazing work like this doesnt get a shot but things like a container ship do  

Pirates enjoy a smaller fanbase, like Castle theme also and maybe is looked upon with a more childish look by buyers and ignored by buyers that buy for a little older child. And maybe Lego has then designed and aimed the themes and sets for younger audience. That would explain the look of the sets that we have gotten at times.

But it was great to see that Lego at times recognize our calls and gives us sets that are aimed for bigger children and AFOLs.

Once again, an excellent ship design from Babyteeth !

Good job !

Unfortunately; I am not sure this one would pass... Too close to a new BSB style or to a Brickbounty...

IMO, TLG; would not select it even if it has the 10,000 votes.

21 minutes ago, Faladrin said:

Unfortunately; I am not sure this one would pass... Too close to a new BSB style or to a Brickbounty...

Babyteeth made this as a bigger, better Black Seas Barracuda, if I remember correctly. Or got inspired by it.

21 minutes ago, Faladrin said:

True, and we know it.

The purpose is for as many Pirates Theme Ideas submissions as possible to reach 10.000 votes (or as close as possible) in order to show LEGO that pirates has a strong fanbase and deserve to have at least 1-2 good sets released every year. That's how I see it.

And that is why I vote every Pirates and Castle Idea.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

34 minutes ago, Faladrin said:

Once again, an excellent ship design from Babyteeth !

Good job !

No, I don`t think that also but as @Brickander Brickumnus stated if these votes and interest in Pirates theme would span them to actually consider making Pirate sets that would be great.

Unfortunately, I think that even if the Caribbean clipper redux will hit the 10000 it wont be approved. But hopefuly it will get reviewed atleast.

But fingers crossed that this is actually what Lego wants and wants to make. :pir-laugh:

Just now, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Babyteeth made this as a bigger, better Black Seas Barracuda, if I remember correctly. Or got inspired by it.

Actually, it seems his Spanish Galleon Warship is a modification of his Black Seas Barracuda MOC.

01_01.jpg

https://www.brickinside.com/NeoView.php?Db=ReviewOwnCreation&Mode=view&Number=4322

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

I really like how this ship looks and I'm definitely want to save! (went to support)