Murdoch17

4 Privet Drive house 75968 MOD with garage and rear half of house plus 1962 Ford Anglia in dark blue

Here is my heavy MOD of 2020 set 75968, 4 Privet Drive. The car is a dark blue version of the Anglia in 2018's Hogwarts Whomping Willow set (75953), and fits inside the added garage.

49833969962_586e5b733c_z.jpg

Here is the front of the house. I added a visible chimney flue, as I didn't like how the set kept the one hidden inside the wall.

49833969982_f10a4fed9d_z.jpg

The rear of the building features a greenhouse and back door to both the house and garage. The greenhouse folds up and open to get at the inside of it, which at this point holds only a telephone.

49833970007_1f48039050_z.jpg

On the lower floor of the inside is the living room (with record player, couch, and fireplace), kitchen and dining area (stove, sink, table and two chairs). The upper floor features a lamp on a table and a bed.

49833970017_bc1a3faeac_z.jpg

This 1962 Ford Anglia 105E is based off set 75953 (Hogwarts Whomping Willow), but in dark blue. (and no, it does not fly!)

49833133533_0329b8ca3c_z.jpg

The rear trunk opens slightly. Two of this part are missing in dark bluish gray, and four of this part are missing in dark blue to finish the car.

The LDD file is available at Bricksafe here.

Any thought, comments, complaints or suggestions?

Edited by Murdoch17

I saw this on Flickr, and was amazed that you'd already digitally designed this adaptation!  Looks great as usual (all your projects do), and I like the Ford Anglia's conversion to dark blue.  Very well done!

I'm hoping to do something similar, but considering changing the main colour of the house to dark tan or medium nougat, and maybe adding the garage too. I've made a floor plan, just need the bricks now! 

I like the look of yours, the conservatory is quite a lot bigger than in the films, but in the films it is tiny. 

On 4/29/2020 at 8:49 PM, weeble1688 said:

I saw this on Flickr, and was amazed that you'd already digitally designed this adaptation!  Looks great as usual (all your projects do), and I like the Ford Anglia's conversion to dark blue.  Very well done!

Thanks @weeble1688! The dark blue Anglia was originally supposed to be in yellow, but I changed it at the last minute once I noticed the new bracket doesn't exist in the right color. (yet)

On 4/30/2020 at 5:33 AM, Seaber said:

I'm hoping to do something similar, but considering changing the main colour of the house to dark tan or medium nougat, and maybe adding the garage too. I've made a floor plan, just need the bricks now! 

I like the look of yours, the conservatory is quite a lot bigger than in the films, but in the films it is tiny. 

Medium nougat might be interesting color to do it in... I'll have to look into that @Seaber!

18 minutes ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Great job/work!

Why thank you @Jerry McGlade!

34 minutes ago, at_8829 said:

could we get the file for this amazing moc? i would love to make it myself!!!

I updated the model to have a matching one car garage between uploading the original photos and now... do you still want it @at_8829?

49833969962_586e5b733c_z.jpg

EDIT: I completely overhauled the first post. New LDD file and pictures added!

Edited by Murdoch17