Sign in to follow this  
Bodi

[OL-FB] Lighthouse of Fort Altrees

At a remote location of El Oleonda, not far away from where the Fort Altrees, a lighthouse was erected by the sapeurs du génie of Oleander army. It's unsual to see such infrastructure in a squatter newly estalished settlement, since the main concern of the squatters settlers should be setting up defense, rather than working on facilities that could only be used to guide vessels, unless they forsee an increase in navigation in the nearby waters.

GX0szT.jpg

A section of stone wall was integrated to the lighthouse to offer a minimum of defense capacity.

GX0rWV.jpg

Spoiler

GX06QU.jpg

Vive le Roi!

Nice lighthouse! This technique for round edifices is always a nice thing to see and the sloped wall is a great addition too. Also it's good we aren't talking about squatters :pir-sick: rather than settlers :pir-tongue:

Nice one, can't really add much more than what others have said before me. The different greys work excellent! Well done! :thumbup:

Very nice! I echo the others' comments, and I particularly like how you've worked the sloped wall into the round tower at the base. :thumbup:

On 4/13/2020 at 2:42 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Quite nice, I like the "hidden" picture even more :pir-grin:

Glad you like it, captain Braunsfeld.

On 4/13/2020 at 6:42 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Nice lighthouse! This technique for round edifices is always a nice thing to see and the sloped wall is a great addition too. Also it's good we aren't talking about squatters :pir-sick: rather than settlers :pir-tongue:

Thank you BD, I'm trying my hands now on these techniques to improve the look of my land based builds.

On 4/13/2020 at 6:54 PM, Spud The Viking said:

Lovely build. I like the side wall that is at an angle, the cheese slopes on top of the castellations gives it a complete look.

Glad you that angled slope wall,in fact it's half of the rockwork is at an angle, the rockwork is in two halves and connected together with hinge plates.

On 4/13/2020 at 6:57 PM, Pdaitabird said:

Very nice! The round building technique, the rockwork on the base, and the defensive wall are all excellent! :thumbup:

Thank you Pdaitabird.

On 4/13/2020 at 10:49 PM, Darnok said:

Nice one, can't really add much more than what others have said before me. The different greys work excellent! Well done! :thumbup:

Thank you Darnok, there are light grey, dark grey and weathered grey from my old stock.:pir-grin:

On 4/14/2020 at 12:56 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Nice one for sure... the round walls are great.

But that lantern steal the show, well done !

Glad you've noticed the lantern, it's barely visible on the photo, I'd have used better lightning.

On 4/14/2020 at 1:25 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Very nice! I echo the others' comments, and I particularly like how you've worked the sloped wall into the round tower at the base. :thumbup:

Thank you capt Wolf. The sloped wall technique was borrowed from the new BSB.:pir-classic: