You definitely did a fantastic job on the exterior and interior and out did the official LEGO set in both looks and “playability” with the interior.

Thanks so much everyone for all the positive comments! I never would have thought so many people would like this, I'm so glad all of you enjoyed my creation! :cry_happy:

I'm doing my best to promote the project, so I hope it makes it to 10k too. I'm sure it's a set that many fans would want. :laugh:

On 3/8/2020 at 8:04 PM, RedHoodPug said:

Full credit to you @Exe Sandbox. Not only have you defied the space available and got the details in that you have, but also the use of smooth surfaces and studwork really highlights the marine engineering element. My only critique - and it pains me to say it because this is such a good build - is that it looks like new. I’m not up enough on my brick knowledge to say what would work best for tired driftwood, so I’ll leave it on a high and say well done.

Thanks! It was a miracle I was able to fit all that detail in with the space I got. It's as if a 32x48 baseplate was made to have a Krusty Krab built on top of it. :laugh: That's a very valid critique, and something I have thought about too. The driftwood texture was essential to the aesthetics of the Krusty Krab, but I didn't have the black magic (brick magic?) skills that would be needed to pull it off without any printing/stickers. (Also got to keep the piece count under 3000, but it's something that I would like to explore one day.)

7 hours ago, ExeSandbox said:

Thanks so much everyone for all the positive comments! I never would have thought so many people would like this, I'm so glad all of you enjoyed my creation! :cry_happy:

I'm doing my best to promote the project, so I hope it makes it to 10k too. I'm sure it's a set that many fans would want. :laugh:

Thanks! It was a miracle I was able to fit all that detail in with the space I got. It's as if a 32x48 baseplate was made to have a Krusty Krab built on top of it. :laugh: That's a very valid critique, and something I have thought about too. The driftwood texture was essential to the aesthetics of the Krusty Krab, but I didn't have the black magic (brick magic?) skills that would be needed to pull it off without any printing/stickers. (Also got to keep the piece count under 3000, but it's something that I would like to explore one day.)

You’re more than welcome. I didn’t want to mention the dreaded sticker for fear of being booed off the forum :laugh: that you’ve created what you have without them is impressive, and I know some builders like to keep it brick. Hope it gets there.

WOW! This is a fantastic MOC of the Krusty Krab. It makes me wonder why LEGO never did a UCS style for the Spongebob line. One thing concerns me though the fact that the model is made in digital bricks won't affect the passability of this would it?

32 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

WOW! This is a fantastic MOC of the Krusty Krab. It makes me wonder why LEGO never did a UCS style for the Spongebob line. One thing concerns me though the fact that the model is made in digital bricks won't affect the passability of this would it?

Thanks! Yeah, Spongebob had so many beautiful buildings and vehicles to make great sets out of. I'm not quite sure about that, a lot of Product Ideas are digital, but I am somewhat concerned about the amount of new part colors they have to produce for this.

Only Mr Krabs knows where the Krabby-Patty Recipe is kept and Plankton is too dumb to figure it out for himself! :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

CONGRATULATIONS @ExeSandbox!!! :grin:

Really not surprised - this is an amazing build - but 42 days is impressive (that’s 6 weeks!).  Congratulations!

Edited by Vilhelm22

Congratulations for reaching the 10k Club!!! This amazing creation deserve to have such achievement!! Well done bro!! It's glad that i'm able to invite you onto BrickStory and share about his own LEGO building story and experience.

For people who like to know a little more about this fanstatic builder, feel free to watch this sharing session by @ExeSandbox himself!! 

Edited by wingyew29

On 4/18/2020 at 8:28 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

Really not surprised - this is an amazing build - but 42 days is impressive (that’s 6 weeks!).  Congratulations!

On 4/18/2020 at 10:04 PM, MatthewRC said:

@ExeSandbox, I’d like to congratulate you on achieving 10,000 votes! Let’s hope your product idea passes the review!

On 4/18/2020 at 10:42 PM, RedHoodPug said:

@Exe Sandbox congratulations mate, very well deserved.

On 4/18/2020 at 8:52 PM, wingyew29 said:

Congratulations for reaching the 10k Club!!! This amazing creation deserve to have such achievement!! Well done bro!! 

Thanks so much everyone! When I first submitted the project, a couple of people said it could make it to 10k in 2 months, but I didn't think it was remotely possible. Looks like I was wrong. :head_back: 

At first I didn't create this with the intent of it becoming a set (I just wanted to see if I could reach 10k), but as time goes on, the more I realized I actually wanted this to become a set. Let's hope it passes the review indeed. :thumbup:

8 hours ago, ExeSandbox said:

Thanks so much everyone! When I first submitted the project, a couple of people said it could make it to 10k in 2 months, but I didn't think it was remotely possible. Looks like I was wrong. :head_back: 

At first I didn't create this with the intent of it becoming a set (I just wanted to see if I could reach 10k), but as time goes on, the more I realized I actually wanted this to become a set. Let's hope it passes the review indeed. :thumbup:

So, was your SpongeBob project technically an experiment?

3 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

So, was your SpongeBob project technically an experiment?

Yes, in a way an experiment. I had no prior experience to submitting Product Ideas before this, and I didn't want to just submit a project that no one cares about and be guaranteed to expire. It just so happens that Spongebob Squarepants was completely open for the taking, so I had to give it a try and see what happens.