Megbricks

Lego Night mode

Hey just saw this on IG. Is this real? If it is it was about time Lego did this. Very excited for it! Can’t wait to know more. 

Note: i didn’t where to post this. Feel free to move to another section

I just saw the article. This is good news, but the price is, like other products, a LEGO price!
See what these kits can contain (maybe programmable animations)

Reading that brickset article, it seems these are empty boxes shown in Copenhagen as a concept to test the market interest.

Its probably a combination of wired and wireless, with maybe a wireless/induction pad recharge item. The mock-up for the some of the sets show cars with lights, so either tiny little batteries for each vehicle, or each light is its own independent power/supply and lamp. Question is - since the models were not designed for lamps, can these sets be designed to be used retroactively, or will only new sets have illumination kits going forward?

I really love these, but I wouldn't pay more than $50 for the modulars, maybe $75 for sets like Disney castle or Hogwarts, or other larger sets.

4 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

If the official kits are wireless sure they will not be cheap.

The display models at the Lego World Copenhagen show that these do have wires and are basically just rebranded kits from "light my bricks" (you can see their logo on the expansion boards). The images on the boxes are even the same ones from their website: https://www.lightmybricks.com/products/hogwarts-castle-71043-lego-light-kit

https://www.lightmybricks.com/products/lego-tree-house-21318-light-kit

The prices for the cables with a few LEDs attached are way too high. Similar components are easy to get online for a fraction of the price.

Interesting! I might be willing to splurge on a lighting setup for my Hogwarts Castle, but I wouldn't want to light any modulars unless I can light all of them, which could add up quick...

50 minutes ago, Agent 86 said:

Interesting read: https://medium.com/@brickstuff/lighting-the-lego-world-eff6e41e94d6

If the rumoured pricing for "Night Mode" is correct, then it's way outside my budget for an "accessory". I'd prefer to spend that money on actual Lego bricks!

That's definitely an interesting read.  I'm a bit disappointed that LEGO would obtain this in such a way.