Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, TOTDForever said:

I mean to me it is clearly ps4 inspired, same goes for that Spidey fig

I corrected him by saying the figure is inspired by the PS4 and not based on it. Looking at the figure it's definetely inspired by the game but it's far from close enough to be directly based on it :wink:

2 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

I feel like all I do in this forum is complain, but indulge me once again.

Sorry for the pessimism, it's just genuinely disappointing to me.

As much as I hate to say it our complaining is sadly justified. This theme just keeps getting worse :hmpf_bad:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I corrected him by saying the figure is inspired by the PS4 and not based on it. Looking at the figure it's definetely inspired by the game but it's far from close enough to be directly based on it :wink:

Having compared the figure to the game, I have to admit that you’re right. The suit does look different. If only Lego could give us the actual variants instead of the mix and match variants they like to do these days (I still have 0 idea what they were looking at when they designed that mech Thanos with the Endgame helmet and comics torso) 

5 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

I feel like all I do in this forum is complain, but indulge me once again.

The only, and I mean only, things worth noting to me in this wave are Miles and Robbie. The Hell Charger had been done better even in Lego's own Speed Champions sets.

I am absolutely sick of the trend of useless vehicles with marginally different versions of villains and maybe a single new character per wave.

I understand it's a children's toy, but in the past, Lego has walked the fine line of making excellent sets that appeal to kids as well as AFOLs.

Just compare this to the Harry Potter sets. They get every location, character, and idea from the book done perfectly over and over again, and we can't even get Daredevil in a Spider-Man set.

Sorry for the pessimism, it's just genuinely disappointing to me.

I agree with you mostly, it is understandable at how frustrating this loop is 

I was expecting to see the official images up until friday (since Mario sets were revealed yesterday), good thing Marvel was chosen for today already. About the sets:

- Miles set is the one I intend to get. Great figure, and a mech always provides good parts. The blue webs are nice;

- The Cap figure has bright red hands, it looks very good! Thor set has good things (the hammer and the magic belt) and bad things (the "cape" and the reused figure);

- Sandman's headpiece and hairpiece do not work on him, and he lacks regular legs;

- You know things are weird when the set with a Monster Truck is actually the highlight of the wave. But I think it is more because of the villains (figures and builds).

I’m actually pretty excited for most of these! The ghost rider set looks great, the leak made it look kinda short, but this is what I wanted! My only grievance is the lack of any weapon for ghost rider. About the truck, I’m happy it’s 40 and not 50 like it has been rumored. I’m loving all the figs in this set! The new hood looks great on ghost spider, the ps4 doc ock looks even better than the leaks, and mysterio’s accessories are perfect, as well as the new bowl color. The clear webs are weird though, I get what they’re going for, but the solid white pieces ruin it, and I’m just too used to the solid white webs anyways. The truck itself is just another big vehicle, and it doesn’t even have any good features. I might remove he big wheels and change the inside to be a mystery machine like mobile base. I feel like that would work pretty well.

The mechs are fine, but I’m liking the cap Mech more now that before. The miles Mech looks cool too, but the Thor Mech is a let down. Why do they have to make one of these a repeat figure every time? I’m not even that excited for the silver helmet, so that’s definitely not on my buy list. Beyond that, I’m liking this!

Strangely, 76174 name omitted Doc Ock from the title: Spider-Man's Monster Truck vs. Mysterio.

Since they reused the Thor figure form previous waves, I would actually be happy if in the next wave we get the same Captain Marvel minifigure from the Helicarrier set in her own mech set (yes, wishful thinking).

Edited by PRbrickbuilder

I dislike Marvel and Lego Marvel in almost anyway
only the guardians sets were quite nice

..but that Miles Morales set is a must have. Simply these dual molded legs cost like 2,50. Then the other parts, the new hood etc...

The Cap mech is surprisingly really good? I think it's actually my favourite from the wave. I've warmed up to Ghost Rider but I still don't like that the head is silver instead of white with silver highlights. As a whole the wave isn't bad, even the terrible monster truck could probably work as a decent news van if modded well.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Doc Ock's head could probably work for a good Gray Ghost? Shame we don't have the right kind of hat in dark grey yet though.

I totally love the GR set. Still a shame they went for Carnage instead of a new villain, but i like the blocky car and also GR himself. 
the Thor mech is nice for fantasy builds. A few bricks changed and you’ll have a giant knight

i do love Mysterio, but the rest doesn’t do anything for me :-(

Thanos and Spidey lair sets are both revealed via Marvel’s website https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/gear/new-lego-avengers-sets-january-2021

They changed Thanos’ build from his chair to a cannon??? I liked the chair... also his chest piece is no longer exclusive, which means Thanos mech is worth nothing now. 

EDIT: Thanos doesn’t have leg printing, meaning that Thanos mech minifig is still somewhat exclusive

Edited by HarryVader

Honestly, I prefer Thanos’ turret thingie to whatever that prelim monstrosity was :tongue: Those ‘splat’ stand pieces seem to be new, wonder what they could be used for elsewhere... Speaking of new pieces: Venom’s tendril thingies are new moulds as well, aren’t they? :sweet:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Honestly, I prefer Thanos’ turret thingie to whatever that prelim monstrosity was :tongue: 

The turret looks like it was transformed from his mech haha.

Also, LEGO gave us Thanos butterknife, Thanos car, Thanos hammer, Thanos flying shoes, Thanos mech, now Thanos turret. When can they give us Thanoscopter?

Edited by HarryVader

The Thanos set doesn't really do much for me but I wouldn't necessarily call it bad, it's pretty neat for 4+. The Spidey-Hidey-Hole doesn't look that bad but I'm not really interested in it. 

I do have one piece of advice for LEGO: whoever decided the price for the Spidey-Hidey-Hole, please send him/her to a therapist asap. 

Mm… That Scarlet Spider looking suit is called Peter Parker… Ok. And the stealth "Big Time"  Suit is called "Ultimate Spider-Man"… who comes up with these names? 

Just now, Walter529a said:

Mm… That Scarlet Spider looking suit is called Peter Parker… Ok. And the stealth "Big Time"  Suit is called "Ultimate Spider-Man"… who comes up with these names? 

Probably the same person who came up with Blazer and Tazer :tongue:

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Probably the same person who came up with Blazer and Tazer :tongue:

LOL

I sometimes wonder if the LEGO Marvel designers even know what Marvel is. 

“Marvel? You mean mechs, helicopters and Spidey vehicles right?”

Finally! I'm so happy with how the ghost Rider set turned out, the Hellcharger looks amazing! I appreciate its forward rake and overall accuracy. I am a little disappointed they didn't even include a chain for Robbie but I guess there wouldn't have been anywhere to put it when he's in the car as there's clearly only enough room for one figure in it and nothing else. I do find it quite interesting that they show multiple ways to attach the flame parts to the wheels rather than one specific way and I love how they do they did the flames on the side and like that they also display it without flames when not being driven. They even include additional 1x2 black cheese slopes to cover up the spots where the flames attach behind the front wheels. Yup, the only disappointment is the lack of weapon for Ghost Rider but I have plenty of extra chains in both silver and trans-orange. I'd alao probably say the blower on the front is a little chunkier than it needed to be. They frankly didn't need to put those parts behind the stud shooters but it's not a big deal, just nitpick.

The monster truck set is easily the 2nd best, the figures are fantastic, I love the PS4 game-inspired Doc Oc, I don't have Spider-gwen yet so I'll happily get this superior version, I love the parts they gave Mysterio, I don't have a comicbook Mysterio yet, the drones are perfect for the FFH drones and the truck itself is actually a pretty good. I also like the translucent white webs, it's always nice to get effect parts in new colors.

The mechs are pretty good, Miles' is of course the best with that awesome figure and the trans-blue web parts. Cap's is 2nd best with that figure and the build overall. Thor unfortunately gets the short end of the stick with a lackluster build and a figure made of existing parts. Poor guy doesn't even get a cape.

The other sets are pretty bad.

Edited by ToaDraco

It’s funny if you copy the marvel link and send it in messenger on Instagram. It will come up with regular box for iron man vs thanos as like the display photo but yet that photo isn’t on the actual site 

Edited by Falconfan1414

So Iron Man vs Thanos and the Spidey-Hidey-Hole are releasing in March, not January, for reasons? Um. Alright? Iron Man vs Thanos is weird and probably a skip for me. Though the splat stands are pretty cool, I hope those are used elsewhere in the summer. I need those Spidey suits for my display though. Also it looks like Venom has some new tentacle pieces in his hands? Interesting. 

I hope the summer sets are good. I still have just a slight bit hope for either an accurate Endgame wave 2/MCU legacy wave or an Endgame D2C 

Edited by HarryVader

Wow, these are weird assortment of sets! Mechs are meh, but I kinda want new Cap and miles minifigs, so a must buy, not sure about Thor though. 

Terrible Thanos vs Iron man set with reused minifigs and lame builds.

Meh Ghost Rider set , with horrible build for a car, and ok minorities.

Monster truck is terrible set with cool minifigs, nice Mysterio and new Dock Ock.

And Spiderman cave is another horrible set with cool Spidey suits and bad villain figs. Venom is so overused in last 2 years, he is just unnecessary now. Green Goblin looks like another reuse with new face, but his glider is so bad, why not use good 2016 build for a glider? The cave is just so basic and simple, I don't think even 10 year old would like the build.

Hope other sets for 2021 are better since this is a mixed bag for now.

I actually liked the flying chair better than the turret, but either way the Thanos set proves to me my purchase of the Thanos mech was a good choice.

Compliment #1: a spider man hideout is a better set idea than any vehicle idea.

Compliment #2: The mechs are a better kind of $10 set than the Mighty Micros ever were.