Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, HRC said:

I'm a sane person, and I would buy a quantum realm machine. It could spin and the top could rotate, or they can put in a Ronin or war machine and it would be an instant buy.  

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter wether or not you'll buy it. I would buy a $800 Mainstreet D2C for Jurassic World but that doesn't mean that's happening. I think you're forgetting the fact LEGO is a toy and mainly made for children, (most of) these sets aren't designed for us specifically. We just buy them because we like them. 

When looking for a normal set LEGO will always choose something that kids would want to have with a ton of playfeatures even if it's not accurate to the source material, as much as you may not like it the chances of getting the Quantum Realm Machine are close to nonexistent. Like @Mandalorianknight said this set would have 0 playvalue and a ton of repeated figures.

14 hours ago, HRC said:

NONOnono. That's nightmare fuel. Don't ever say that. We need to pray that won't happen.

Prepare to live your nightmare. It's on the back of the box, bottom left. Pushy arrow, spinny arrows. Wheeee!

13 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

or a Venomized Spider Bike.

Oh. You're right, aren't you? 'Oversized big tyres bike' and 'stick a Venom on it' are two trends which are orbiting each other but have somehow failed to overlap. It can't last, can it?

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

But yeah, a thanos copter would make everyone happy. Kids get cool helicopter vehicle, adults get the iconic and hilariously stupid thanoscopter, both get some nice figures, lego gets their weird colourful vehicle that shouldn't exist

I've mentioned this a lot of pages back already, but it always amuses me: If you look at the original Thanoscopter comic, it involves Spiderman, an alleyway with a trashcan, and a random civilian kid on a skateboard, which is basically a Marvel set contents checklist already. 

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Maybe it's some sort of collectable or currency, though I doubt it.

Harbulary batteries. 

Looking at the front pic of the Helicarrier, it appears that the frontal windshild/canopy piece is attached upside down. So, it must be made to be removable, revealing the cockpit interior.

12 hours ago, HRC said:

The orange colors really bug me off, it makes it look like a toy... oh wait it is. But I could just change it. Also, that "quinjet" is not a quinjet. It looks more like one of those Jedi interceptors with an Avengers re-fit.

I'm a sane person, and I would buy a quantum realm machine. It could spin and the top could rotate, or they can put in a Ronin or war machine and it would be an instant buy. 

1. Don't see the jedi interceptor connection, (or I'd probably want the set more) but yeah it's not really a quinjet. The main events were always the helicarrier and the figures though, so I'm not too disappointed.

2. spinning isn't going to justify a lego set. You are a sane person (I assume), but you're also not lego's target audience. zero children in that 6-12 range would buy that set.

1 hour ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

Oh. You're right, aren't you? 'Oversized big tyres bike' and 'stick a Venom on it' are two trends which are orbiting each other but have somehow failed to overlap. It can't last, can it?

I've mentioned this a lot of pages back already, but it always amuses me: If you look at the original Thanoscopter comic, it involves Spiderman, an alleyway with a trashcan, and a random civilian kid on a skateboard, which is basically a Marvel set contents checklist already. 

Harbulary batteries. 

1. That's a worrying trend you've picked up on. we can only go so far before those collide, probably with the "set only has one non-reused figure" trend.

2. You're right! It's also got the cosmic cube, which the civilian kid picks up, says something like "this cube means i have all the power in the universe"....and then uses it to make a single ice cream cone. It's like lego wrote the comic.

3. fun fact: the batteries were supposed to appear in all the GOTG2 sets, but rocket stole them.

22 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Anyone any idea of when we will see images of the regular Avengers Tower? 

August release, so I guess 2 months from now, since the june release stuff has been getting revealed the past few days.

7 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Anyone any idea of when we will see images of the regular Avengers Tower? 

By the end of May I suppose.

Advanced issue found

On 4/27/2020 at 12:44 PM, ReversibleSedgewick said:

Quinjet shrinkflation continues at an alarming rate. By next year I'm assuming we'll have hit the singularity and we'll need to donate a Quinjet to Lego in order to acquire the rest of a set. 

I agree. That isn't even a Quinjet. It's a Jedi Interceptor from star wars, or smaller than that. It's a microfighter.

14 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Avengers Tower is an August release? How did I not know that? Oh well .  .

Yeah, the tower, hulkbuster, and possibly the bust.

1 hour ago, HRC said:

I agree. That isn't even a Quinjet. It's a Jedi Interceptor from star wars, or smaller than that. It's a microfighter.

I'm still confused by the interceptor thing. The actual interceptors are quite a bit bigger than this quinjet, do you mean it's a similar shape?

Yes. It's a similar shape. A cockpit, and two forward-pointing wings on the side.Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi's Blue Jedi Starfighter - Entertainment Earth Also, I am Lego's target audience (kinda); I'm 14. But still, yes I agree that Lego's not going to make a quantum realm machine *sigh*.

Though a Thanoscopter doesn't seem to be outside the range of possibility.

2 hours ago, HRC said:

Though a Thanoscopter doesn't seem to be outside the range of possibility.

We can dream, right?

Though, my Thanos Mech just arrived in the mail this morning. Maybe I’ll MOC one up?

I’m not bothered by the tiny Quinjet, I think it’s a cute design and good for playability without taking up too many pieces. After all, if it was bigger we’d all be complaining about what a waste of pieces it is. 

29 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m not bothered by the tiny Quinjet, I think it’s a cute design and good for playability without taking up too many pieces. After all, if it was bigger we’d all be complaining about what a waste of pieces it is. 

I don't mind it either, we've had a fair amount of quinjets.

3 hours ago, HRC said:

Yes. It's a similar shape. A cockpit, and two forward-pointing wings on the side.

Sorry for getting hung up on this, but I still don't see it. almost every plane has a cockpit, and lots of ships have the forewards-pointing wings too. you could just as easily argue it looks like a TIE striker, or a protectorate starfighter. But seeing as this is quite possibly the stupidest thing to get hung up on, I'll leave it alone.

4 hours ago, MasterofElements said:

I played around with the new Helicarrier and decided to reverse-engineer it. I also modified it to look better and added a bridge. 

Already looks much better than the original! Can you try to take the 4 large silver flaps on the side of the rotors off and see how that looks? I feel like the set might look better without them.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

8 hours ago, MasterofElements said:

I played around with the new Helicarrier and decided to reverse-engineer it. I also modified it to look better and added a bridge. 

Still not something I would pay $120 for but definetely an improvement, good work!

Thanks all! I didn't want to change too much of the set - wanted to see what the designers could've done without the jet and the cannon thing. 

Just an update: here's without the wing pieces. I don't want to fill this page with huge images so this will be my last post on the subject. 

DA13AB02-0291-4F33-AC8D-81A2A55AC6FA

Edited by MasterofElements
Update for Image

Advanced issues found

21 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Sorry for getting hung up on this, but I still don't see it. almost every plane has a cockpit, and lots of ships have the forewards-pointing wings too. you could just as easily argue it looks like a TIE striker, or a protectorate starfighter. But seeing as this is quite possibly the stupidest thing to get hung up on, I'll leave it alone.

Okay, that makes sense. All that I was saying is that it doesn't look like a Quinjet. But that's fine, I'm glad they didn't waste too many pieces on something useless. *cough* the cannon *cough*.

Also, the Reverse-Engineered Helicarrier looks amazing. Can you put up a piece list of what you added? 

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

So those yellow parts are these

https://brickset.com/parts/4141630/plate-1x2-with-slide but what are they for?

We've known what they are but nobody knows what they're for yet. I was surprised the back of the box didn't show it. Personally, my best guess is that they get stuck all over the build to convert it into an AIM Helicarrier as if they took it over as I imagine something like that might happen in the game but that's pure speculation on my part.

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

So those yellow parts are these

https://brickset.com/parts/4141630/plate-1x2-with-slide but what are they for?

I think we can definitively answer this now

look at the blue print image here: 20200502095458499.jpg

you can see that the helicarrier has wheels on the bottom, the tires are visible underneath the model. I think the pieces are meant to be put on the bottom to keep the model from rolling around, in order to display it easier. It's a nice inclusion, I don't think we usually see things like this very often.

Another thing I notice, you can see in the top half of the image that an axle runs right through the middle portion of the ship, that's why the space there is unusable. It's a shame that so much of the space inside this thing is just empty for the sake of fitting a few gears and axles inside. Maybe you could change the mechanism to open up more space?

59 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

you can see that the helicarrier has wheels on the bottom, the tires are visible underneath the model. I think the pieces are meant to be put on the bottom to keep the model from rolling around, in order to display it easier. It's a nice inclusion, I don't think we usually see things like this very often.

That actually makes alot of sense. It is a really nice inclusion and improves my opinion of LEGO a bit, that they'd add those parts chiefly for AFOLS and others who want to display it.

@HRC (it's not letting me qoute you directly for some reason) that makes sense. And yeah, the cannon is pretty annoying. I'm wondering how many parts of it could be used to work on a bridge for the helicarrier?

Did you guys see the Lego Medusa, Lockjaw and Black Bolt someone uploaded on the LegoLeaks instagram page. I know there not official Lego figures but man I wish they were!!!

Especially that Lockjaw.