Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, n1majneb said:

You should definitely buy this set - i absolutely love this. The engine detailing is nice and i really like the Damian/Robin figure.

The Joker mobile is surprisingly fun too. I slightly modded both vehicles (Under the panels for the armoured Bat 4x4 and a Mallet holder for the Trike)

Annoyingly i'm going to have to revisit my Batcave and perhaps expand to accommodate more vehicles now.

Thanks for the comments on 76160 @Stormfury i've been. debating getting this but more for my favourite DC character Nightwing (I'm still bitter that the comics have recently been doing him a massive disservice) and Batgirl.

I don't really 'get' a Bat lorry without a Gordon as Batman angle

You could tweak one of the Batman suits to make it a custom Bat-Gordon? (I don’t read comics so I’m not an expert though.) 

I hear that. I don’t actually have a Batcave yet but I have space reserved to build one, and the only Batmobile I have are the Ultimate Batmobile from 2017 and the 80th anniversary one from last year. 

My big problem with most of the Batmobiles they put out is that the official LEGO road baseplates they make (and that I use for my city) have twenty-stud-wide roads. That means, for a vehicle to be ‘street-legal’ in my city, it needs to be ten studs wide or less so that two vehicles can pass - one on each side of the road - without hitting either each other or something on the pavement. I was excited about last year’s Batmobile because it’s the first Batmobile since I started collecting Super Heroes stuff that’s less than ten studs wide and is therefore street-legal. (Even if it is freakishly long.) And neither this Bat-Off-Roader nor the Joker-Trike are street-legal by that definition. I’m less fussed about the Trike because I’ve checked the instructions and it’ll be easy to replace the front wheels, but the Off-Roader is just irredeemable. 

22 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

You could tweak one of the Batman suits to make it a custom Bat-Gordon? (I don’t read comics so I’m not an expert though.) 

I hear that. I don’t actually have a Batcave yet but I have space reserved to build one, and the only Batmobile I have are the Ultimate Batmobile from 2017 and the 80th anniversary one from last year. 

My big problem with most of the Batmobiles they put out is that the official LEGO road baseplates they make (and that I use for my city) have twenty-stud-wide roads. That means, for a vehicle to be ‘street-legal’ in my city, it needs to be ten studs wide or less so that two vehicles can pass - one on each side of the road - without hitting either each other or something on the pavement. I was excited about last year’s Batmobile because it’s the first Batmobile since I started collecting Super Heroes stuff that’s less than ten studs wide and is therefore street-legal. (Even if it is freakishly long.) And neither this Bat-Off-Roader nor the Joker-Trike are street-legal by that definition. I’m less fussed about the Trike because I’ve checked the instructions and it’ll be easy to replace the front wheels, but the Off-Roader is just irredeemable. 

This is Gordon and his Bat-mech suit 'Rookie' from the comics:

MTM_Blog_GordonBM2_567b677780aad2.647499

As much as i'd like this character to make a set, i'm more keen to see a Batman Beyond set!

I also need to take pics of my Batcave MOC for approval/advice/tips

2 hours ago, n1majneb said:

I also need to take pics of my Batcave MOC for approval/advice/tips

Definetely feel free to share, I'd love to see it!

3 hours ago, n1majneb said:

As much as i'd like this character to make a set, i'm more keen to see a Batman Beyond set!

I’m trying to figure out a proportional way of rendering the Rookie armour, particularly the rabbit ears.

This wave is definitely better than I expected. The Joker set is pretty amazing and I love the mobile Bat base and all its hidden vehicles. So much fun!

11 hours ago, HarryVader said:

This wave is definitely better than I expected. The Joker set is pretty amazing and I love the mobile Bat base and all its hidden vehicles. So much fun!

Agreed,  more wonderful toys for the cave! 

On 6/27/2020 at 11:17 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Definetely feel free to share, I'd love to see it!

You can find my Batcave WIP in this album on my Flickr, here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmDMMrVx I've had to stop developing it as work has got in the way a bit but I purposefully left the main cave floor open, along with only partially building Wayne Manor so when i go to local shows it can be viewed without removing panels etc.

Interesting story, i lost my arm a few years ago in a train crash and to learn being left handed i was encouraged to start building Lego to improve my dexterity (which brought me out of my dark ages) and the junior set was my first set after the accident and where the cave expanded from and why i've kept it in:

BatCave and Wayne Manor updated!

But i have a Gotham City street MOC too: 

4515AAA1-027E-4F22-9080-304F1F7AA802

With Gotham, as a comic book fan i've been incorporating comic book panels into this to tell a story: 

Gotham MOC with comic panels #3

29 minutes ago, n1majneb said:

You can find my Batcave WIP in this album on my Flickr, here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmDMMrVx I've had to stop developing it as work has got in the way a bit but I purposefully left the main cave floor open, along with only partially building Wayne Manor so when i go to local shows it can be viewed without removing panels etc.

Interesting story, i lost my arm a few years ago in a train crash and to learn being left handed i was encouraged to start building Lego to improve my dexterity (which brought me out of my dark ages) and the junior set was my first set after the accident and where the cave expanded from and why i've kept it in:

But i have a Gotham City street MOC too: 

With Gotham, as a comic book fan i've been incorporating comic book panels into this to tell a story: 

Looks great!

5 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

@n1majneb looks fantastic man! I look forward to further updates :classic:

Thanks! I’m really happy with its progress thus far. There’sa lot of nod to the comic line and Batman Lore in the build and I’ll keep you updated!

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Looks great!

Thanks!

The DC mobile bat base is getting some good reviews! Hopefully it sells well, so next time we can get a train or boat mobile bat base! 

I wonder if there will be any SDCC exclusives at all this year? 

16 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Doesn't really look like it. We usually would have seen several reveals by this point already, so they're either condensing it for the online version or there simply aren't any this year :sceptic: It's both a curse and a blessing :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak

18 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

The DC mobile bat base is getting some good reviews! Hopefully it sells well, so next time we can get a train or boat mobile bat base! 

Okay, I have no interest or intention to get the Bat-Semi Truck, but if they actually made a set of the Bat-Train then I would definitely buy it. (Why oh why did they make the Bat-Space Shuttle but not the Bat-Train for the movie?)

5 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Okay, I have no interest or intention to get the Bat-Semi Truck, but if they actually made a set of the Bat-Train then I would definitely buy it. (Why oh why did they make the Bat-Space Shuttle but not the Bat-Train for the movie?)

Have a watch of the reviews, it may change your mind!

Can you imagine a bat train running through the batcave! Man oh man!

As for the Bat Shuttle, I'm a sucker for all bat vehilces in Lego form! 

6 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Have a watch of the reviews, it may change your mind!

Can you imagine a bat train running through the batcave! Man oh man!

As for the Bat Shuttle, I'm a sucker for all bat vehilces in Lego form! 

I have, and they didn’t. But yes, the train would be great. 

If i see the truck discount i may grab it, for the minifigs more than the build but its growing on me. I appreciate the mini build integration. 

Also the designer confirmed its inspired by an earlier Lego Agents truck set.

Yeah, I’m also disappointed that they never made a Bat-Train, although I do love the Bat-Space Shuttle set. I think the concept of a boat mobile command center is a lot cooler than a semi truck. I do like this new set, but my main gripe is that the space could’ve been used more efficiently, as it was in the original Agents set and the Ultra Agents truck. It particularly annoys me that the cab only has room for a single figure despite being absolutely gigantic. 

On 7/3/2020 at 5:58 AM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, I’m also disappointed that they never made a Bat-Train, although I do love the Bat-Space Shuttle set. I think the concept of a boat mobile command center is a lot cooler than a semi truck. I do like this new set, but my main gripe is that the space could’ve been used more efficiently, as it was in the original Agents set and the Ultra Agents truck. It particularly annoys me that the cab only has room for a single figure despite being absolutely gigantic. 

Yes, 

I think quite a few areas in this set are ripe for some adjustment,

the cab interior for sure

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Oh :oh:

Doesn't really mean anything right now, the amount of movies WB planned to release significantly outweighs the amount of movies they ended up releasing

It seems both will be announced at DC FanDome, so they are happening

I'd say Zatanna's is 100% getting at least 1 LEGO set. 

Not sure about Raven's... 

Edited by Robert8

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Doesn't really mean anything right now, the amount of movies WB planned to release significantly outweighs the amount of movies they ended up releasing

Should've been Green Lantern and Cyborg films this year. But all we've got are Harley Quinn with Harley Quinn's friends, and a ship load of delays

24 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Should've been Green Lantern and Cyborg films this year. But all we've got are Harley Quinn with Harley Quinn's friends, and a ship load of delays

Well for what it's worth, the Harley Quinn show is really good