Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Isn't the movie going to be rated r or am I just misremembering things? Because if that's the case I think the closest we'll get to movie sets are the comic tie-ins we've been getting for the last few years

Definitely not R rated. I'm 100% sure it's gonna be PG-13. 

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Definitely not R rated. I'm 100% sure it's gonna be PG-13. 

That’s a relief. It’s a Batman film so it’s almost guaranteed that we will get sets for it.

could someone help me out on determining the identity of every lego Robin as I am very confused

2 hours ago, mgetz said:

could someone help me out on determining the identity of every lego Robin as I am very confused

Dick Grayson was in two Super Heroes sets round about the same time in different outfits, one based on the Teen Titans cartoon, the other based on his New 52 suit.  He was in the first Batman Juniors set in a naff suit. He’s also in the 1960s Batcave set a la Burt Ward and the TLBM sets with the big glasses. We got Nightwing before we got Robin. 5 Robins and 3 Nightwings with another on the way. 

Jason didn’t turn up as a Robin until one of the Juniors sets. We got Red Hood before we got Robin. One of each.

Tim Drake was made first in his original outfit and then his post Infinite Crisis outfit (red and black). He was also in the second Arkham set in something of a Red Robin guise, and in a scuba suit with the Black Manta set. We got Tim before we got anyone else. 5 Tims.

Any Robin with short legs is Damian. 3  Damians.

18 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Isn't the movie going to be rated r or am I just misremembering things? Because if that's the case I think the closest we'll get to movie sets are the comic tie-ins we've been getting for the last few years

I doubt that we will ever see a r rated Batman on film.

Kids = $$$

I like how the new Batman looks

TLG is rubbing their hands at this. I hope they will give Batman a break before this movie comes out

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I like how the new Batman looks

TLG is rubbing their hands at this. I hope they will give Batman a break before this movie comes out

Maybe that's the reasoning for lack of mechs and busts and brickheadz and duplo and zebra (whatever it is).

Time will tell! 

On 2/13/2020 at 6:42 PM, Anonknee Muss said:
On 2/13/2020 at 6:12 PM, Lionbear8 said:

New Bat suit for 2020 movie revealed! 

What are you talking about?

Oh you meant the 2021 movie.

The Bat-Suit looks darn tootin’ good. I wanna see if those ears are short or long on the cowl now. Great design choices so far I say.

https://screenrant.com/batman-robert-pattinson-costume-bat-suit-reveal-video/

Is it just me, or does he actually have First Appearance-style "Wolverine" ears? :def_shrug:

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Is it just me, or does he actually have First Appearance-style "Wolverine" ears? :def_shrug:

No one knows, because there are no ears in this video.

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

if so it could be more similar in design to the CMF 2020 Batman!

Ash n Flash has a video out where he discusses potential set numbers, if Eternals can get 4, why cant the Batman get 5 movie set releases!

Hoping for a big year next year!

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

Ash n Flash has a video out where he discusses potential set numbers, if Eternals can get 4, why cant the Batman get 5 movie set releases!

Eternals will be a big movie with multiple new characters. The amount of sets we get based on The Batman depends on significant players, and how much of the film can be translated to LEGO

13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You might be on to something, I can definitely see the ears curving outward in this (very blurry, but it's the best we got so far) shot. And it's also interesting to note that the symbol on his suit is the same style as the First Appearance symbol with no bat head being on it.

EQ3EHefU0AA2oyP?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by MisterBatfleck

13 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

if so it could be more similar in design to the CMF 2020 Batman!

Hoping for a big year next year!

I would lower my expectations if I were you, the DC theme has been lackluster in many area's for years. I don't think we'll get more than 1 set directly based on this movie 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I would lower my expectations if I were you, the DC theme has been lackluster in many area's for years. I don't think we'll get more than 1 set directly based on this movie 

Oh, I don't know, I think Lego would jump at the chance to do another movie-verse Batmobile, Batwing and Batcave

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Really? I've quite enjoyed all of the recent DC movie sets. The Aquaman set was a bit meh (the JL Aquaman set was far superior, offering Atlantean soldier and Parademon army builders in a cheap set), but Mera was a most welcome addition to the collection. The Justice League sets were all fun builds, even if the Batmobile was just a tweaked version of one we previously got. The minifigs were all top shelf, with Flash and Cyborg standing out as two of the finest minifigs Lego has ever done. The Wonder Woman set was perfection. Ares and Steve were just 'must have' characters for WW fans. The BVS sets were all just fine. The Batwing set included all of the core characters and a fully fidget friendly action feature for the plane itself. The other two sets included nice useful extras like Lexcorp goons and extra Kryptonite crystals. I can't say that I was disappointed by any of them, tbh.

Just now, Duncan Young said:

Oh, I don't know, I think Lego would jump at the chance to do another movie-verse Batmobile, Batwing and Batcave

I wouldn't mind another batcave as honestly the last 2 were pretty disappointing to me ., if carmine falcone appears in the new movie I think it would be a great opportunity for lego to do a minifigure of him

31 minutes ago, ZordrakLordofknightmares said:

I wouldn't mind another batcave as honestly the last 2 were pretty disappointing to me ., if carmine falcone appears in the new movie I think it would be a great opportunity for lego to do a minifigure of him

The latest bat-cave is the most superior so far! It’s the first one to *actually* look like it’s in a cave. I can’t wait to pick it up.

5 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

The latest bat-cave is the most superior so far! It’s the first one to *actually* look like it’s in a cave. I can’t wait to pick it up.

Technically the D2C also looked like it's in a cave but I understand why you don't mention it as most people can't afford it :wink:

57 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I really enjoyed building it, and the Batwing fitting in as an added bonus helped. That build is underrated as well.

48 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Technically the D2C also looked like it's in a cave but I understand why you don't mention it as most people can't afford it :wink:

Number one on my white whale list.

5 hours ago, ZordrakLordofknightmares said:

Are we now talking about the wave after the next wave? I thought we already have the set descriptions of the next wave.

40 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

Are we now talking about the wave after the next wave? I thought we already have the set descriptions of the next wave.

They are speculating as to whether we will get sets for Matt Reeve’s The Batman film due out next year.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

Giving him the longer wider "Wolverine" ears would be the perfect way to set him apart from all the other Batmen so far (at the silver screen that is)

For TLG it would be they can reuse the CMF cowl

On 2/15/2020 at 1:33 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

I can’t even see his ears

On 2/15/2020 at 2:49 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No one knows, because there are no ears in this video.

21 hours ago, MisterBatfleck said:

You might be on to something, I can definitely see the ears curving outward in this (very blurry, but it's the best we got so far) shot. And it's also interesting to note that the symbol on his suit is the same style as the First Appearance symbol with no bat head being on it.

Yeah, it's not so much whether I can see his ears or not as much as it's that the shape of the cowl just seems odd to me, as if there's something different going on than what we've previously seen, hence my suggestion. Also, good point @MisterBatfleck regarding the insignia, as I hadn't thought of that... :thumbup: :oh:

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Giving him the longer wider "Wolverine" ears would be the perfect way to set him apart from all the other Batmen so far (at the silver screen that is)

For TLG it would be they can reuse the CMF cowl

That's another pretty good point, because to me, what we've seen so far just doesn't look that far off from the Nolan Batsuit. :def_shrug: