Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

18 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B622FhJpvnh/?igshid=9sohdfi10xf

is this a new hermione face?^ 

I have a feeling instead of spell sets we’re gonna get classroom sets, which could be fun to continuously add to the castle. Will probably look like mini towers.

I can’t wait for bellatrix, tonks, Ginny, The burrow set with every weasley, honeydukes and wizard wheezes, gringotts, a Christmas hogsmade set would be amazing. 

would be a let down if divination isn’t in the astronomy tower, I really hope they give us another big castle set. Does anyone know if the clock tower sold well?

I highly doubt we’ll get every Weasley in one set. I can almost guarantee that won’t happen. Hopefully we’ll get them all over the next couple waves but they’ll be spread out. I would expect The Burrow (if we get one) to come with Molly and Arthur as well as most likely Ginny and Ron. Fred and George would probably be best served as CMFs. Bill would hopefully come in a DH set or a CMF. Charlie wasn’t in the movies so I don’t see us ever getting him unless they make a figure based off his appearance in the family picture from Egypt in POA (unlikely but not impossible). Percy is kind of a wildcard, I really have no clue where he could pop up. I think it’s likely we’ll get different versions of Ginny over the next few waves as well.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

2 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B622FhJpvnh/?igshid=9sohdfi10xf

I have a feeling instead of spell sets we’re gonna get classroom sets, which could be fun to continuously add to the castle. Will probably look like mini towers.

I can’t wait for bellatrix, tonks, Ginny, The burrow set with every weasley, honeydukes and wizard wheezes, gringotts, a Christmas hogsmade set would be amazing. 

would be a let down if divination isn’t in the astronomy tower, I really hope they give us another big castle set. Does anyone know if the clock tower sold well?

Also, Divination is in North Tower, not the Astronomy Tower 

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I highly doubt we’ll get every Weasley in one set. I can almost guarantee that won’t happen. Hopefully we’ll get them all over the next couple waves but they’ll be spread out. I would expect The Burrow (if we get one) to come with Molly and Arthur as well as most likely Ginny and Ron. Fred and George would probably be best served as CMFs. Bill would hopefully come in a DH set or a CMF. Charlie wasn’t in the movies so I don’t see us ever getting him unless they make a figure based off his appearance in the family picture from Egypt in POA (unlikely but not impossible). Percy is kind of a wildcard, I really have no clue where he could pop up. I think it’s likely we’ll get different versions of Ginny over the next few waves as well.

I think the obvious choice for getting the twins is a Weasleys’ Wizarding Wheezes set (which might very well be the set I’m hoping for most out of a HBP wave). 

I’d definitely put my money on Bill appearing in a DH set. Best options are a wedding based Burrow and Shell Cottage (he also featured in the flight of the seven Potters and the Battle of Hogwarts, but there are other characters who have more priority in those scenes). 

Percy is an iffy character - it would be nice to finally get him, since he’s reasonably significant in the books - but he does a good job of not being in any real action scenes in the movies, and the later movies he appears in barely acknowledge that he’s a Weasley. My money is him appearing as a CMF (maybe a promo figure of some sort but that hair might need a new mold). 

Ginny, Arthur and Molly are all safe bets. Whether the next wave is OotP and HBP based or just focuses on OotP, Ginny will be an obvious inclusion in at least one of the sets. Molly and Arther will almost certainly feature in an inevitable Burrow set (whichever movie it’s based on), and have a decent chance of showing up in a Grimmauld Place set (not to mention that if Molly doesn’t show up with Bellatrix in a final battle set I will feel cheated). 

Charlie is the real wildcard. Technically, he doesn’t have a canon appearance - so unless Lego wants to pull from the Hogwarts Mystery mobile game there’s nothing to base the minifigure off of (and as fun as it would be to get stuff from the mobile game, the possibility of Lego actually doing that seems slim). 

Clearly I’ve put way to much thought into this. 

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Fred and George would be prime CMF candidates.

I'd prefer getting them in the normal sets, they're twins after all so they look the same. And I'm pretty sure Fred and George never wore something that wouldn't fit in a future set

7 hours ago, LordVoldemort said:

It's the same face as the one used in Hagrid's Hut: Carina Smyth's from the Silent Mary

It wouldn't really make sense for lego to make classroom sets though. They've already given us DatDA and Potions and those are easily the most important/prominent classes

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

(not to mention that if Molly doesn’t show up with Bellatrix in a final battle set I will feel cheated). 

Highly unlikely, lego tends to shy away from directly referencing character deaths. While we may get Molly or Bellatrix in a Battle of Hogwarts set we wouldn't get both in one set, just like they wouldn't include a Dumbledore figure in an Astronomy Tower set

And I doubt we'll get it but I'd really like a new flying owl mold, or just generally more owls that aren't Hedwig

42 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

And I doubt we'll get it but I'd really like a new flying owl mold, or just generally more owls that aren't Hedwig

Yes more owls please :wub: Last year we did not get a single one :wacko:
It is a little frustrating that we have been very close to get a mould of both Fang and Fawkes, but so far they have not been released :facepalm:

5 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Charlie is the real wildcard. Technically, he doesn’t have a canon appearance - so unless Lego wants to pull from the Hogwarts Mystery mobile game there’s nothing to base the minifigure off of (and as fun as it would be to get stuff from the mobile game, the possibility of Lego actually doing that seems slim).

I think Charlie might be a fun exclusive figure to have in a book, like how they did for Starwars with Luke and Han wearing medals. He would probably have a recycled face but they could identify him with a baby dragon or egg accessory 

19 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Yes more owls please :wub: Last year we did not get a single one :wacko:
It is a little frustrating that we have been very close to get a mould of both Fang and Fawkes, but so far they have not been released :facepalm:

Yes to all of these! That phoenix build in the Great Hall Set should was worthy of an advent calendar but very lacking compared to even the original mould 

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't mind a 1-4 wave but I'd definetely prefer a 5-6 wave, I need an Astronomy Tower asap :grin: 

Maybe the summer will be 5-6, following the pattern, but then the winter wave will be a 1-4 revisit ?

Edited by Bugbot20082

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I think Charlie might be a fun exclusive figure to have in a book, like how they did for Starwars with Luke and Han wearing medals. He would probably have a recycled face but they could identify him with a baby dragon or egg accessory 

Maybe the summer will be 5-6, following the pattern, but then the winter wave will be a 1-4 revisit ?

But Han and Luke actually appeared in the film wearing those outfits. We never saw Charlie in the movies (except for that Egypt photo but that doesn't really count)

There is no winter wave, at least not that we know of. Last years Carriage, Graveyard and Calendar were still summer releases and we don't even know if we're getting more than 1 wave this year

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That would be really nice as despite how nicely printed the current owls are, they do look rather stationary. It's been so long though, so idk if Lego would bother making a new owl mould.

Hope that if they do another burrow set, we can get a grey owl representing Errol.

Hay guys this might be old news but I just popped into Hamleys Toyshop in London and they have a mountain of about 200 the bricktober Harry Potter 4 pack of Hogwarts teachers on the shelves. All for sale at the price of £20

Can’t find any of the other Bricktober packs such as Jurassic Park however 

Edited by Bugbot20082

I’m surprised we haven’t gotten a fake list yet. Remember that list last year that said we were getting a DA set, Chamber of Secrets, and D2C Diagon Alley? Yeah I wouldn’t mind some laughs from an obvious wishlist

10 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I could see them recycling General Hux’s face for Charlie. :tongue:

The Brick Fan say this:
"For this year, the London Toy Fair will be introducing media badges for both press as well as for influencers so maybe we’ll see some LEGO fan media from across the pond attending this year and if we’re lucky, see some details about future LEGO sets."

If that is true maybe we can get some report from Brickset after all :sweet:
Even if the fan media are allowed on the fair it is still possible they won't get in to the secret Lego room with all the upcoming stuff so take this with a grain of salt :shrug_oh_well:

20 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Domhnall Gleeson played Hux and Bill, not Charlie.  :grin:

Good point, though, for Bill's figure I would love it if they included Hux's expression on one side, with a smiling, scarred expression on the other, just as an Easter Egg to fans, even though that is extremely unlikely to happen!

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

Gleeson played Bill in HP but I'll get my torch and pitchfork ready if they pull something like that. But even lego knows that face can't be reused because of Greyback's scar on his face

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

Domhnall Gleeson played Hux and Bill, not Charlie.  :grin:

Good point, though, for Bill's figure I would love it if they included Hux's expression on one side, with a smiling, scarred expression on the other, just as an Easter Egg to fans, even though that is extremely unlikely to happen!

45 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Gleeson played Bill in HP but I'll get my torch and pitchfork ready if they pull something like that. But even lego knows that face can't be reused because of Greyback's scar on his face

D’oh! :facepalm: With all the red hair & hand me down robes....it’s hard telling them apart.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Bill also doesn’t sport those sick sideburns of Hux’s :laugh:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The Brick Fan say this:
"For this year, the London Toy Fair will be introducing media badges for both press as well as for influencers so maybe we’ll see some LEGO fan media from across the pond attending this year and if we’re lucky, see some details about future LEGO sets."

Sounds promising. So the LTF could be something to look forward to again, really miss the good ol’ days of bricksets’ coverage :classic:

In general, I really hope this year’s TF season will surpass last year’s lackluster season (even though it’s hard to be much worse than that one). The only good thing last year were some of the NYTF reveals and TheRandomBlocker’s LTF report

I’m wondering what creatures we could get this year. There are always some nice new molded and brick built creatures with these sets. I would imagine we’ll get at least one more Thestral which is great because that mold is spectacular. Grawp could happen one way or another. Inferi would be great too but they could just be some variant of minifig. Centaurs are on pretty much everyone’s mind at this point. We’ll see what happens there. I also really hope the exclusive book minifig is Werewolf Lupin but I won’t get my hopes up too high for that

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would imagine we’ll get at least one more Thestral which is great because that mold is spectacular. Grawp could happen one way or another. Inferi would be great too but they could just be some variant of minifig. Centaurs are on pretty much everyone’s mind at this point. We’ll see what happens there. I also really hope the exclusive book minifig is Werewolf Lupin but I won’t get my hopes up too high for that

The Thestral is a lovely piece, and I guess we could see it in a set for OotP or the 7 Harry's scene. Grawp could be decent, but I personally wouldn't be too exited for.

I highly doubt Lego would make the Inferi as they are literally reanimated corpses. So yeah, bit grizzly for Lego's taste.

It would be great to see Centaurs, the main downside is they probably wouldn't have movable legs if they did make them. I feel like Lego might not, as we don't see much of the Centaurs in the films.

55 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

The Thestral is a lovely piece, and I guess we could see it in a set for OotP or the 7 Harry's scene. Grawp could be decent, but I personally wouldn't be too exited for.

I highly doubt Lego would make the Inferi as they are literally reanimated corpses. So yeah, bit grizzly for Lego's taste.

It would be great to see Centaurs, the main downside is they probably wouldn't have movable legs if they did make them. I feel like Lego might not, as we don't see much of the Centaurs in the films.

Lego has made reanimated corpses before. Dementors are much darker creatures really, I see no reason not to make Inferi, but who knows

Lego has produced multiple variations of zombies. How is that really different from the inferi? Outside of lack of clothing on the inferi. Either way, I don't see why some simple printing couldn't produce one or two of them in a set. :shrug_oh_well:

I liked the thestral a lot, but I don't know how much more we'd see of them, even though they should get some use out of their mold piece.

Centaurs would be incredible, but other than the first movie (and a bit in the 5th) do we see them? I forget about the battle of Hogwarts if there are centaurs. Been a while since I've watched it. They are all over the books, but darn movies have to cut so much out :hmpf_bad:

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m wondering what creatures we could get this year. There are always some nice new molded and brick built creatures with these sets. I would imagine we’ll get at least one more Thestral which is great because that mold is spectacular. Grawp could happen one way or another. Inferi would be great too but they could just be some variant of minifig. Centaurs are on pretty much everyone’s mind at this point. We’ll see what happens there. I also really hope the exclusive book minifig is Werewolf Lupin but I won’t get my hopes up too high for that

I could see the Gollum mold work for the Inferi, though I don't know if lego can use that outside of the LotR/Hobbit theme. I really hope the book exclusive is not Werewolf Lupin, it really needs a new headmold to be done justice

1 hour ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

We've seen reanimated corpses in tons of lego sets, not to mention the existence of themes like Lord of the Rings, Hobbit and Stranger Things

24 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:

Centaurs would be incredible, but other than the first movie (and a bit in the 5th) do we see them? I forget about the battle of Hogwarts if there are centaurs. Been a while since I've watched it. They are all over the books, but darn movies have to cut so much out :hmpf_bad:

I'm pretty sure they weren't in the movie version of the battle of Hogwarts but I haven't seen the movies in a while

On the topic of centaurs: I know this has been brought up before, but now that better pics are out there, I think the new centaur legs from the Trolls theme might actually work :classic:

I can see you preparing the pitchforks, but hear me out: the mould is nit overly cartoony and the centaurs in HP are not that tall. They’re less tall than Hagrid and getting the proportions right would be hard either way, especially in regards to the torso :wink: 

12 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

On the topic of centaurs: I know this has been brought up before, but now that better pics are out there, I think the new centaur legs from the Trolls theme might actually work :classic:

I can see you preparing the pitchforks, but hear me out: the mould is nit overly cartoony and the centaurs in HP are not that tall. They’re less tall than Hagrid and getting the proportions right would be hard either way, especially in regards to the torso :wink: 

I wouldn’t mind if they used that element if it had good printing (black hooves, hair texture etc), it’s better than nothing. However by the looks of it that mould is not compatible with a minifigure torso wearing a quiver, which is a big oversight :(

I would wish Lego do a HP centaur ‘right’, in which case I would expect Firenze to appear in a CMF lineup with a better mould for the legs . A generic centaur could also appear in a small ‘grawp’ set 

16 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would love to see the thestral used again, maybe as an add-in to a big castle set like the originals were.

I would do a brick-built Grawp, with any new parts such as a new head or hands being common with a similar build for the troll in another set 

Inferi could easily be green coloured skeletons :) they would be cheap to produce so a <£/$20 set of the cave scene could have several of them 

I have my fingers crossed for a small Pixie figure and Fang the dog. And if they do Fluffy the giant dog I would expect a new mould for the head, (used three times each ?) but the rest of the body brick-built.

Edited by Bugbot20082

6 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I have my fingers crossed for a small Pixie figure and Fang the dog. And if they do Fluffy the giant dog I would expect a new mould for the head, (used three times each ?) but the rest of the body brick-built.

Given how many outfits Lockhart has I have no doubt he'll pop up in the CMF and a Pixie would make a lot of sense as an accesory