Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, RandomSniper109 said:

Probably, the uk prices are cheaper than I was expecting, makes the prices a bit more reasonable for some of the ones I’m not as excited about

Does anyone know what the piece holding the mushroom to the tree is in the grawp set, the sand green bit?

It's a sausage, the sand green version first appeared in Welcome to Apocalypseburg

11 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

UK prices:

4 Privet Drive £64.99

Astronomy Tower £89.99

Hedwig £34.99

Room of Requirement £17.99

Forbidden Forest £24.99

Burrow £89.99

It is now

Wow those UK prices are really reasonable! I'll definitely get the Astronomy Tower and Room of Requirement as soon as possible without waiting for a discount so I can spend the summer isolation modding my Hogwarts around the new parts! I'll definitely also get the Grawp set at some point, it's ridiculously good value for £25 compared to a Marvel or Star Wars set. And then I'll get Privet Drive once £10 or so have been knocked off in a sale. 

Other random thoughts: 

• The Astronomy Tower is hilariously Slughorn-focused (which is fitting considering how many scenes he takes up in the film). But still, the entrance hall of the sidebuild is his potions classroom / party area, then his office is in the tower and there's even the Greenhouse where Harry catches him stealing plants :laugh:
  • That Grawp figure is actually really growing on me. With the style of build Lego went for I don't think he could have been done any better personally, especially when from the sounds of it a lot of people didn't like him in the film. I also like the decision for him to have a smiling face as then he works as quite a good generic Lego giant, who would work in a lot of scenarios - including paying Privet Drive a visit once I've got both sets :devil:
  • I'm glad I've already got the 2010 Burrow because the new build rubs me the wrong way. It's more accurate but I think the previous build was more attractive, with a really nice colour scheme. Also I'm crossing my fingers desperately that a OotP Tonks will be in the Cmf
  • Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do about the Privet Drive stairs? Apart from those blocky bricks it looks perfect, I'm already considering adding on a sloped wall or some flat tiles to make them look as high quality as the rest of the build. 

Overall despite the nitpicks I'm very happy with this wave! Still astounded Lego have made such a good Astronomy Tower that I simply have to get it. 

Just now, SupesBatsy said:

One question: why the Burrow is not on the LEGO website?

Wanted to check the european prices and the release date!

It is, it's just been put in the wrong place. Search "Harry Potter" in search bar.

Just now, RandomSniper109 said:

Probably, the uk prices are cheaper than I was expecting, makes the prices a bit more reasonable for some of the ones I’m not as excited about

Does anyone know what the piece holding the mushroom to the tree is in the grawp set, the sand green bit?

Yes, they are. Last year anything below $30 was the same number in £, so it's nice to get a little reduction in the smaller sets. Price of Burrow and AT were expected from previous years'. Maybe Privet Drive could've been a little cheaper but it ain't too bad. May have to break my 30% rule I was going on about to you for some of these :tongue:

3 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

Maybe they will do stackable ones? It looks like they could stack of the next floor has 2x2 round plates under its floor

I don't know, it looks like it :)

There are double sided pins in the astronomy Tower set, in the column where the black broom is...

These sets are phenomenal, some of the best licensed sets we have seen this season. They're finally giving us the Dursleys! If only Lego spent this much effort on all the licenses...

Finally, the wait has payed off.

41920604.jpg

I don't pay attention for 1 second and we get the sets. Alright here we go:

The Room of Requirement is very cool, so many details. The pictures of cedric and the order of the phoenix are probably my favourite addition. I love the umbridge rules on the wall as well. The fireplace is a very solid build. I also love the figures, the torsos are amazing. The dummy is also fantastic. Only problem I have is that I've no idea where to place this xD. I think I might just use the wall as an outside wall and replace the rules to another room.

4 Privet Drive is amazing. For starters the Dursley figures are amazing. Dudley looks perfect, Petunia's torso and face are more than I could've hoped for, although I think I'm gonna give her a skirt piece and the same hair in black. I'm so glad Vernon has a new face, not too happy about the reused torso, but it still works fine. I guess Ashnflash and J2G just did too good of a job on him. Now for the build itself, I like how it's inspired by both PS and CoS. The ground floor is pretty much perfect. The living room is so cozy and I love the fire place play feature. The cupboard under the stairs is also amazing. I'm not too sure about the bedroom though, I like the barred window play feature and the room itself looks very good, but the Dursleys don't look as bad now as Harry basically owns 60% of the house xD. The outside is perfect though kinda reminds me of my childhood home. The garden looks so cute and the shelter looks very good. Not the biggest fan of the Ford Anglia taking up so much of the pieces though. Anyway Hedwig and another owl! Yay! Oh and the cake, double yay!

Forbidden Forest: Umbridge's Encounter. Still think the name is kinda funny. Either way figures are great. The tree build is a nice addition to the forest we are slowly getting with each wave. Best part about the set is definitely Grawp. Wasn't sure what to expect, but he looks so cute, he's perfect! Better than anything I could've imagined.

Buildabe Hedwig: Meh, belongs right next to buildable Yoda imo. Gonna bricklink that Harry though.

The Astronomy Tower is amazing, I'm so happy it includes the viaduct entrance. I had no idea that was gonna be a thing. Kinda wished the greenhouse was white, but it still looks good. The astronomy tower itself is amazing, it brings so much shape to the castle. Now for the inside, the rooms are insane! The telescope with and the scroll are pretty nice builds. The planetarium or whatever it is is also very cool, is that a new piece at the center? The Raveclaw dormitory is very nice for that size, I like it better than the gryffindor one, 2 more to go. Slughorn's office is alright, would've preferred one for Umbridge though. Not sure about these white support pieces all over the interior, I wished they used a different colour on those (they should've swapped the colours with the greenhouse xD). Than there's the boring empty room, apparently can't have a castle without one. The main hall is very nice at least, love the new potions book and the chocolate fountain. At least there's gonna be a lot of parties at Hogwarts. I wonder though what the next expansion will be now that we already got the viaduct entrance. There aren't many more memorable sections left. The figures are mostly great at least. So happy with the new Draco. Hermione and Luna look very nice. Slughorn is alright. Harry is what you expect, nothing too special. My favourite is probably Neville. Ron looks average. But Lavender is terrible, not even a skirt? And the bow is hardly visible from the front. Worst figure of the theme imo. Still overall great set.

The Burrow is insane. The hanging or sloping top part is driving me insane with the studs not attached in the back and the building looking like it's about to slide on the ground and collapse in hundreds of pieces. I love it! That's exactly how the burrow should make you feel. Either way it's massive, there's the extra bedroom I hoped for, the balcony and the return of the pig den. The self knitting needles (what piece even is that, it looks so thin. Also is that the Weasley Egypt family vacation photo on the wall? The kitchen and the living room are great, I was afraid it was gonna be smaller than last time but it's about the same size if not bigger. The clock is a massive improvement from last one. Not sure about the fireplace though, it looks too small to fit a figure. The outside is great, I love the stickers. The original looked too much like a high barn to me, this one really is the burrow. The fire is nothing special but it doesn't take too many pieces so it doesn't impact the price or building in any way. The figures are alright, but I don't think they've topped the originals too much if at all. Arthur looks better so I'm happy with that, I love Ginny her face, it's perfect, but the torso is a little bit bland. Still I'm happy we finally got the last one of the heroes. Harry and Ron are about what you would expect. Molly her torso and face are perfect, but the unprinted dress is a shame. The hair doesn't fit her, gonna switch it with the original one if I can find it, however I'm still very happy to get that piece in this colour, very useful. Bellatrix is alright but not as good as the original, Fenrir is slightly better than the original. Tonks her torso is perfect but I wish she had different hair.

Either way great sets, and we haven't even seen all of them.

I hope we see 75978 before other sets release... I need to decide which ones I'm buying, and if it's Minsitry of Magic I'll definitely buy it.

1 hour ago, Zepthire said:

That looks great, thanks for sharing. So the clock tower now officially switches places with the WW. Guess I'll do that with mine when I get to my sets again.

kombination.jpg.0dac0492802b4dfce7084d563189244c.jpg

Just to make this clear: This is not an official picture. It's a photograph of my own sets and the Astronomy Tower was added with Photoshop. I think there is no "official way" to connect them anymore. I made the picture for our blog post (https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-harry-potter-2020/)  to give people an idea of what it could look like.

Dudley is movie 1

Petunia is movie 3

i know Vernon torso is a reuse but which movie did he wear something similar to that?

@Crookshanks You'll notice both the Clock Tower and the Great Hall in the background of Astronomy Tower - safe to say, I think you'll be safe being able to get Great Hall for a while as yet :sweet:

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

I love the inclusion of Umbridge’s rules in the room of requirement that you can knock off the wall

Me too, I love how it's not just the RoR but is a collection of lots of little references to OotP

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

@Crookshanks You'll notice both the Clock Tower and the Great Hall in the background of Astronomy Tower - safe to say, I think you'll be safe being able to get Great Hall for a while as yet :sweet:

most likely, but in the description it does say something like     other sets limited availability

Don't like the return of the sand green, otherwise great sets.

I am tired of the Hogwarts sets having really niche/useless figures though after the Great Hall was so... great. 3/4 of them I just want to buy without figures (though Snape and Filch are great).

Edited by doclord

20 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I'm slightly disappointed by the inclusion of the R common room. I know we were warned about it but I thought the leaker might have made a mistake. I would have preferred the G common room with the fireplace/Sirius play feature we saw with the 2010/2007 castles. I also would've preferred Umbridge's office. I suppose those are more OOTP than HBP and this line is trying to be accurate but then I look and the Ron figures. 

We seriously don't have a single accurate Ron from OOTP/HBP. The AT Ron has those strange long sleeves and the Burrow Ron is wearing his costume from POA instead of the sweater over the AT shirt like in the movie. I knew we wouldn't get a new print for the sweater but they could've at least included the AT figure with the burrow so it could be a bit closer to the actual film. 

I think we will get a common room and a dorm room for Gryffindor and Slytherin in the next wave.  I honestly firmly believe that.  Whatever the next tower part may be.  

Just now, Legoman123 said:

I think we will get a common room and a dorm room for Gryffindor and Slytherin in the next wave.  I honestly firmly believe that.  Whatever the next tower part may be.  

Next one is probably gonna be based on Battle of Hogwarts.

I didn't like the Great Hall, Whomping Willow, or Clocktower playsets, but the Astronomy Tower looks nice.

Unfortunately it's still not really possible to connect the buildings the way they are in the movie...

ICqBtfN.png

Harry had it pretty well at Privet Drive.  He is the only one who gets his own room, two if you count the area under the stairs :laugh:

Astronomy Tower looks good overall.  A little bit surprised/confused with the character selection, but not too bad.  I am glad the greenhouse was kept very small not to take away from the rest of it.  

Just now, deskp said:

Which ehad is malfoy using, i've seen that before i think??!

It‘s Kaz‘s from Star Wars Resistance :wink: Finally, it‘s been reused for someone whom it actually suits, unlike Happy Hogan or Bruce Wayne :tongue:

18 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I wonder though what the next expansion will be now that we already got the viaduct entrance. There aren't many more memorable sections left. 

Belltowers?

Now this is a fantastic wave! Seriously outstanding lineup of sets.

For me, I'll be getting the Astronomy Tower, Privet Drive, Grawp, and the Room of Requirement, no questions asked (besides how cheap will Kmart Australia go or when's there a sale anywhere else).

The AT build is stunning, just so distinctive looking and complex in shaping. Privet Drive looks a wee bit cramped on the inside and the stairs are awkward, but great exterior and figures. Grawp himself looks super cute and well done, and the overall set is wonderful with the figures and Centaurs especially. Room of Requirement, just a good one for parts and figures, kind of like Expecto Patronum but even better.

The Burrow as a build is objectively better than the old one, but I'm still content with the old one and the old figures are mostly superior to my taste. I wouldn't have space to display it in any case.

32 minutes ago, StoneWarsDE said:

Just to make this clear: This is not an official picture. It's a photograph of my own sets and the Astronomy Tower was added with Photoshop. I think there is no "official way" to connect them anymore. I made the picture for our blog post (https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-harry-potter-2020/)  to give people an idea of what it could look like.

Official or not, this is how I plan to display my Hogwarts castle. Thanks for the wonderful idea! I am so freaking excited for the Astronomy Tower... It’s such a beautiful addition to the castle! Better than I could have ever imagined. What a great time to be a LEGO Harry Potter fan. When do folks think we will see Diagon Alley and 75978? Anyone think we will be getting two August sets like last year? Could that be what kingnono was hinting at?

15 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

I didn't like the Great Hall, Whomping Willow, or Clocktower playsets, but the Astronomy Tower looks nice.

Unfortunately it's still not really possible to connect the buildings the way they are in the movie...

Thank you so much for this, most people will have a clear idea of all the Hogwarts sets. What I have done these past years is to build enclosed sets to avoid connecting them "artificially" Im already thinking about those battle of Hogwarts based sets next year...