Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

A rando on IG having a scoop on a new polybag with the source being an anonymous leaker who lets some rando claim the glory? Yeah right. Maybe they also have a bridge to sell to us :tongue:

Edit: Oh, and I think the last opportunity for something to be revealed this week has just passed :sad: SDCC really was beyond useless this year.

So I’m hoping for a CMF reveal on Tuesday or Wednesday and a DA reveal around August 15th

Edited by Lego-Freak

26 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

A rando on IG having a scoop on a new polybag with the source being an anonymous leaker who lets some rando claim the glory? Yeah right. Maybe they also have a bridge to sell to us :tongue:

Edit: Oh, and I think the last opportunity for something to be revealed this week has just passed :sad: SDCC really was beyond useless this year.

So I’m hoping for a CMF reveal on Tuesday or Wednesday and a DA reveal around August 15th

Why do you think Diagon Alley won't be revealed next week?  If there is a VIP early access period, I would expect the reveal to be no later than the first week of August...but I could be wrong.
Either way, we must be getting something soon, right?  :sceptic:

3 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

If there is a VIP early access period, I would expect the reveal to be no later than the first week of August...

The magic word here is “if” :wink: We simply don’t know if there’s going to be a VIP early access period. I feel it’s become a bit of a rare commodity since none of the recent D2Cs had one. The only thing in its favour would be the VIP-exclusivity of the Q&A, but I wouldn’t call that waterproof evidence :shrug_oh_well: In essence, unless a leaker (or the next store flyer) confirms it, I’m not expecting it

2 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Someone on Instagram is claiming, based on some confidential source, that there will be a Monster Book of Monsters polybag this fall.  That sounds like absolute nonsense to me, unless they are referring to the Neville Collectible Minifigure.  Just thought I might as well mention it here, anyway.  @Falconfan1414, care to weigh in on this one?  :blush:

Ooh! It would be so cool if they made a mold of the front and back covers too! The claws would look really good and make it stand out from a regular LEGO book.

Just now, joeee said:

Ooh! It would be so cool if they made a mold of the front and back covers too! The claws would look really good and make it stand out from a regular LEGO book.

...you do realise that the CMF series includes that book with new moulds and everything, right? :laugh:

25 minutes ago, joeee said:

You mean like the one from the CMF?

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I saw that, sounds way too fishy to me, but it would be cool. I feel like the new Monster book of Monsters mold will remain exclusive to the CMF though, at least for now

I think you’re right about that. The only place I could see a new mold from the CMF turning up this year is the D2C (since Hogwarts Castle used the new snake mold from Nagini for its basilisk). 

But, just to play devil’s advocate, what if we’re talking about a brick built Monster Book of Monsters? (Sure a polybag probably wouldn’t be big enough for that and we’ve already gotten a Harry Potter polybag for this year but what if?)

Just now, Accio Lego said:

I think you’re right about that. The only place I could see a new mold from the CMF turning up this year is the D2C (since Hogwarts Castle used the new snake mold from Nagini for its basilisk). 

But, just to play devil’s advocate, what if we’re talking about a brick built Monster Book of Monsters? (Sure a polybag probably wouldn’t be big enough for that and we’ve already gotten a Harry Potter polybag for this year but what if?)

I don't hold any faith in the leak, but if it is true, that's what I took it to mean. It says New HP polybag "Monster book of monsters". So that to me means that the polybag would be called MBOM not "Monster Book Of Monsters Attack" or such like implying it is a figure based polybag. And the person who posted even says in the comments it's probably brick-built (if it's even real - even they don't seem at all confident!). I could easily see the MBOM being recreated in small brick built form.

23 minutes ago, Bowtruckle44 said:

Who exactly is this new person talking about the rumored polybag?

No one, we shouldn't even be talking about "rumours" like this, it's some random Instagram guy who decided that he would like to gain a few followers by making up fake information about upcoming sets.

A MBOM set like the fairy tales set/newt’s suitcase combined would be cool imo, opens up like Newt’s suitcase but has an interior like the fairy tales book, could be a way to do a “Hagrid’s first class set”

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No one, we shouldn't even be talking about "rumours" like this, it's some random Instagram guy who decided that he would like to gain a few followers by making up fake information about upcoming sets.

I second this, talking about “rumours” without any true backing to them is pointless (and I will admit that I was one of those people last year, the difference is we didn’t have so many fakes last year that I can recall)

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

The magic word here is “if” :wink: We simply don’t know if there’s going to be a VIP early access period. I feel it’s become a bit of a rare commodity since none of the recent D2Cs had one. The only thing in its favour would be the VIP-exclusivity of the Q&A, but I wouldn’t call that waterproof evidence :shrug_oh_well: In essence, unless a leaker (or the next store flyer) confirms it, I’m not expecting it

Well, at least one did. 10273 Haunted House has a VIP early release. 

...you do realise that the CMF series includes that book with new moulds and everything, right? :laugh:

3 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

You mean like the one from the CMF?

oh YEAH! I completely forgot about that. I bet my brain subconsciously remembers it but forgot that the image came from TLG.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get Diagon Alley teaser next Monday. Just let me believe!

16 minutes ago, Modal said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get Diagon Alley teaser next Monday. Just let me believe!

Honestly, since the 31st (aka next Friday) is a significant date in the Harry Potter canon (Harry’s birthday and by extension the date of his first trip to a Diagon Alley), it wouldn’t surprise me if we got the reveal/designer Q&A on Friday and a teaser earlier in the week. Given the stated September 1st release date for the CMF, I expect the official reveal of that will come next week as well. 

41 minutes ago, Modal said:

To be honest, I wouldn't either. But then again I wouldn't be surprised if we hear nothing at all next week either. To think that three Fridays ago we thought we might see something and never did. So as the only two leaks that we've seen today are of new Sleeping Beauty and Rapunzel sets I'm going to take that as a sign from the Lego gods to just shut myself away and take a nap for a little bit because when I wake up and come out of hibernation DA and the CMF have got to have been revealed. :laugh:

33 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

To be honest, I wouldn't either. But then again I wouldn't be surprised if we hear nothing at all next week either. To think that three Fridays ago we thought we might see something and never did. So as the only two leaks that we've seen today are of new Sleeping Beauty and Rapunzel sets I'm going to take that as a sign from the Lego gods to just shut myself away and take a nap for a little bit because when I wake up and come out of hibernation DA and the CMF have got to have been revealed. :laugh:

I won’t lie, I’m kinda going to miss this anticipation we have currently. It gives me a bit to look forward to every morning. It’s almost as entertaining as the set itself!

Just thought i'd ask on here as it's related to a harry potter set and not sure where else to ask. But i'm trying to restore all the parts for the 2nd or 3rd edition of the Hogwarts express and just noticing especially with 1x4, 1x6, 1x8 and 1x10 bricks that there are some with hollow tubes underneath and some with solid tubes (obviously different generations of LEGO). My question is, do you consider a set to be "complete" if it has different variations of the same piece? Just come to the realisation this is probably the case with dozens of sets I put together from a bulk lot a couple of years back, but never noticed.

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

Just thought i'd ask on here as it's related to a harry potter set and not sure where else to ask. But i'm trying to restore all the parts for the 2nd or 3rd edition of the Hogwarts express and just noticing especially with 1x4, 1x6, 1x8 and 1x10 bricks that there are some with hollow tubes underneath and some with solid tubes (obviously different generations of LEGO). My question is, do you consider a set to be "complete" if it has different variations of the same piece? Just come to the realisation this is probably the case with dozens of sets I put together from a bulk lot a couple of years back, but never noticed.

Seeing as how LEGO often has multiple different versions of a piece in use simultaneously, and I've even managed to get multiple separate versions of the same piece in the same set (albeit in different colours), I don't think it matters much at all. 

4 hours ago, Modal said:

I won’t lie, I’m kinda going to miss this anticipation we have currently. It gives me a bit to look forward to every morning. It’s almost as entertaining as the set itself!

That's exactly what I feel! I can remember when I joined this thread about half a year ago and a lot of things we are now certain about were just rumors. And with all the little steps and milestones on this "journey" time moved so fast! It's hard to believe that the reveal of the maybe most anticipated Lego HP stuff this year is so close. I think that's a good opportunity to take the time to thank you all for keeping each other current about newest rumors, leaks and whatever. I really enjoy our discussions and speculations - they definitely help through difficult times! ?

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

As long as it doesn't change the overall look of a set, I'm fine with using different part variations. Sometimes it makes a lot of sense yet to keep the overall price a bit lower ?

5 hours ago, Modal said:

Oh yes I know what you mean - it's a double-edged sword. 

41 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I think that's a good opportunity to take the time to thank you all for keeping each other current about newest rumors, leaks and whatever. I really enjoy our discussions and speculations - they definitely help through difficult times! ?

Here here :pir-huzzah2:

The August store calendar has been spotted and there is no mention of a VIP early access period :sceptic: Don’t be surprised if the set doesn’t get revealed for another three weeks :tongue: At least we have the CMF series to look forward to

51 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The August store calendar has been spotted and there is no mention of a VIP early access period :sceptic:

While I do not think there is a VIP release necessarily, is not that calendar from USA? I assume they are the last ones to get the set since they get everything late this year. :shrug_oh_well:

9 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

While I do not think there is a VIP release necessarily, is not that calendar from USA? I assume they are the last ones to get the set since they get everything late this year. :shrug_oh_well:

Everything except D2C sets :wink: The NES has the same release date in the USA as the rest of the world and recent D2C sets like 43179 were also launched worldwide on the same day. I don’t see a reason to assume it would be different for DA :shrug_oh_well:

The August store calendar has been spotted and there is no mention of a VIP early access period :sceptic: Don’t be surprised if the set doesn’t get revealed for another three weeks :tongue: At least we have the CMF series to look forward to

Do they put early VIP release teasers on calendars anymore? I don’t recall there being one for the Haunted House but it still had an early release. 

I’m currently building the Burrow with only the AT left after this, and I’ve encountered some strange things while building. First off, I got an extra sticker sheet in the Privet Drive set- did that happen to anyone else? Also, I’m halfway through the Burrow and the pig’s eyes were misprinted with one being further down the side of the head, and I was missing a 1x2 plate in olive green and instead got a piece that isn’t even in the set’s inventory. I don’t think I’ve ever seen two issues like that in a set, and while it’s not a big deal it’s just odd to me since it seems to track with what other people have been saying about LEGO’s quality control slipping a little bit in 2020.