Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

17 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

Legofan_33 just posted that victor and both patil twins are in the advent calendar 

Probably should be taken with a grain of salt, but also a pretty obvious inference.

After all, we know we’re getting one twin, so it follows that we’ll get the other too. And the twins will take up 5-6 prints between them - plus the Yule Ball poster makes 6-7 new prints, and last year we only had 6 new prints and a recolor, so our sixth minifigure this year will almost certainly be another repeat. And knowing that we’re getting the trio and Harry and Harry and Ron’s dates, it makes sense to guess that our sixth character would be Hermione’s date aka Victor Krum. 

In short, I wouldn’t be surprised if Legofan_33 is correct, but I wouldn’t take that as proof he’s a legitimate leaker. 

4 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

After all, we know we’re getting one twin, so it follows that we’ll get the other too. And the twins will take up 5-6 prints between them - plus the Yule Ball poster makes 6-7 new prints, and last year we only had 6 new prints and a recolor...

By my count, we had 7 new printed elements and two new recolours, but maybe I'm counting something that had appeared beforehand and I'm mistaken. 

Nonetheless, I just had a thought: What if a potential AC Krum figure would have a new, more accurate face print? (It's happened already with Fleur in the Carriage and, perhaps a bit more topically, McGonagall in last year's AC.) This, I feel would make the inclusion of Krum an acceptable choice, but I have my doubts.

16 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

By my count, we had 7 new printed elements and two new recolours, but maybe I'm counting something that had appeared beforehand and I'm mistaken. 

Nonetheless, I just had a thought: What if a potential AC Krum figure would have a new, more accurate face print? (It's happened already with Fleur in the Carriage and, perhaps a bit more topically, McGonagall in last year's AC.) This, I feel would make the inclusion of Krum an acceptable choice, but I have my doubts.

I didn’t count the new McGonagall head because it didn’t feature a new print per se, it was just the same as the Great Hall one minus alternate face. Admittedly that almost certainly does take some amount of budget, but probably not as much as a completely new print, so I decided to be conservative on the number of new prints. 

As for recolors, I know the beard for the statue was done in gold for the first time in last year’s AC, but I’m not sure what you think the second recolor is?

A more accurate Krum face would definitely be well received, and it’s not like there isn’t a precedent for Lego quietly giving AFOLs a little thing they want in the AC - we got McGonagall without the alternate face last year after so many people expressed disappointment about how the witch’s hat didn’t properly cover it up. 

55 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I think LEGO wouldn't do this, as it'd be incredibly dumb from a business standpoint to include the four most desirable figures from the Clocktower all in one set, since that removes a lot of the incentive for people to buy that set. (Then again, it's already dumb in my eyes to reprint just three figures from one large set in a much cheaper one, so four wouldn't be a massive stretch.)

Two counterpoints:

1) The other four minifigs in the Clocktower set are still exclusive, which is a lot more than you can say for many other sets :wink:

2) This would only be a silly decision if these two sets had come out in the same year. Many people who wanted that set surely bought it in the meantime

18 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Two counterpoints:

1) The other four minifigs in the Clocktower set are still exclusive, which is a lot more than you can say for many other sets :wink:

2) This would only be a silly decision if these two sets had come out in the same year. Many people who wanted that set surely bought it in the meantime

Exactly, I can’t imagine we’ll ever see Dumbledore and Maxime in their dress robes again (Fleur and Cedric I can see cropping up again if Lego ever revisits the Ball to make their dates), so it’s not like the Clocktower is lacking in exclusive figures - never mind that the build itself is enough reason to get the set. It bears keeping in mind that Star Wars more often than not in recent years only has one exclusive minifigure, and it only gets two this year because they only have new torsos, not heads and legs. Compared to that Harry Potter is doing really well for itself. And, ultimately, the advent calendars aren’t designed for minifigure collectors - they’re designed so that kids (and kids at heart) can open one door a day and have a new tiny build to play - most people who buy it aren’t going to care that half the minifigures appeared in last year’s highest price point set. 

2 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Honestly, I don't think we should trust his info. So far, he's made exactly one claim regarding this theme, and that claim turned out to be incorrect. This post reminds me of how KingNoKnow made a good amount of his rumors by just taking ideas that have a high likelihood and presenting them as fact. 

I think LEGO wouldn't do this, as it'd be incredibly dumb from a business standpoint to include the four most desirable figures from the Clocktower all in one set, since that removes a lot of the incentive for people to buy that set. (Then again, it's already dumb in my eyes to reprint just three figures from one large set in a much cheaper one, so four wouldn't be a massive stretch.)

Most people who wanted to buy this set for exclusive minifigures already did it tho, it's not like they are going to lose tons of money by putting half of figures into Advent Calendar.

15 hours ago, joeee said:

I received an email with the following message about my order (US: Hedwig and Burrow):

Thank you for ordering from shop.LEGO.com. Unfortunately, the item(s) listed below are currently out of stock and it will be a little longer before we can ship the out of stock item(s) to you.

If you made your payment via credit card, please note that while we will authorize your card shortly, it will not be charged until we ship the out of stock item(s). You will receive a separate email notification at that time.

Did we receive this kind of message for past pre-orders?

That's the standard backorder message, which I suppose is technically what a pre-order is.

8 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Honestly, I don't think we should trust his info. So far, he's made exactly one claim regarding this theme, and that claim turned out to be incorrect. This post reminds me of how KingNoKnow made a good amount of his rumors by just taking ideas that have a high likelihood and presenting them as fact. 

Remaining sceptical is always a good position when it comes to alleged leaks, but so far there‘s been really only one strike against legofan_33, and they immediatedly explained themselves unlike RoyalPersonDoubleDissent :wink: To play devil’s advocate here, their info about the Mickey & Minnie set, the timeframe of the Ideas reveal and the fact that there were multiple reveals this week were all correct.  I‘m also aware that most of this easily could have been guesswork. It’s hard to deny the fishyness of it all, but I‘m giving them the benefit of the doubt... for now :devil:

I just want something ... anything ... HP to leak/be revealed. I'm afraid a Monkie Kid Brickheadz just isn't cutting it for me. :tongue:  As for if someone is reliable, I am remaining cautiously open minded, but we're getting so close to when there should be an official reveal and if you can't truly trust anyone anyway, then the only thing to do is to wait for Lego to show us what's coming. They just better do it soon. :wall:

I finally caved and bought the microscale GWP DA from Bricklink in anticipation of the big D2C DA coming this summer. And also because I'm a bit of a completionist in regards to the new HP waves since 2018 as well as the Creator Expert Modular Buildings (except for the first 3 as those are ridiculously expensive). I got all HP sets since 2018 except the BrickHeadz as that's not really my thing. With other themes I'm way more selective. :P

I hope we'll get some news about the D2C DA and CMF soon.

Just now, Salix said:

I hope we'll get some news about the D2C DA and CMF soon.

My guess for both of them would be around the 25th of July since that‘s when the Hogwarts D2C was revealed two years ago :shrug_oh_well: 

For the folks who are still missing iconic sets like the Great Hall and the Clocktower, Zavvi is offering $25 off and FREE shipping with the code: POTTER.

I know this is old news for everybody who is in or sourced sets from the UK/Europe, and not helpful for people still waiting in the US, but the sets have finally started to show up more widely in Australia with some immediate discounts and I've got the Astronomy Tower and Umbridge sets on order. I'm so excited to finally crack into these sets!

I haven't looked forward to a LEGO release this much since.... the 2019 wave :laugh::moar:

Kmart australia is doing its usual messing around when it comes to pricing the new Harry Potter stuff. They started getting the sets in this week and I got the two small sets together for $64 but was in there today and they are up to $70 now. All the other new Harry potter sets have gone up too. They do this every year. Target have 20%off at the moment and its across all the new sets so shop there I think but no Burrow listed yet.

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I haven't looked forward to a LEGO release this much since.... the 2019 wave :laugh::moar:

Haha, right? This is why I’m so annoyed with the two month delay for these sets. There’s plenty of sets I look forward to, but none quite like this(the Modulars are neck & neck) theme. At least I have the Student Pack & soon to be released book to ride me over...:ugh::sarcasm_hmpf:

1 hour ago, Micmac said:

Kmart australia is doing its usual messing around when it comes to pricing the new Harry Potter stuff. They started getting the sets in this week and I got the two small sets together for $64 but was in there today and they are up to $70 now. All the other new Harry potter sets have gone up too. They do this every year. Target have 20%off at the moment and its across all the new sets so shop there I think but no Burrow listed yet.

Yeah I noticed that. Shame that Target Australia is going to be shuttered and phased out, especially when it comes to LEGO prices!

Target Aus had the AT for 20% their full price, but their full price was listed as $10 below full RRP, so it was actually 25%. Doesn't usually get better than that.

Headsup for European people, I just ordered the Astronomy Tower for 75 euro with free shipping on amazon.nl. Thats really a steal for that price! I wanted to get the Hogwarts Express first, because it's older, but for 75 euro I couldn't leave it.

8 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Haha, right? This is why I’m so annoyed with the two month delay for these sets. There’s plenty of sets I look forward to, but none quite like this(the Modulars are neck & neck) theme. At least I have the Student Pack & soon to be released book to ride me over...:ugh::sarcasm_hmpf:

Yeah, the Bookshop and the Burrow have definitely been my two most anticipated sets in a long time. I waited two months until March to get the Bookshop...but I plan to get the Burrow the minute it's actually available. 

1 hour ago, ???theriddler??? said:

Headsup for European people, I just ordered the Astronomy Tower for 75 euro with free shipping on amazon.nl. Thats really a steal for that price! I wanted to get the Hogwarts Express first, because it's older, but for 75 euro I couldn't leave it.

It's even cheaper on amazon.de (71,90 euro)

4 hours ago, BigHobbit said:

Yeah, the Bookshop and the Burrow have definitely been my two most anticipated sets in a long time. I waited two months until March to get the Bookshop...but I plan to get the Burrow the minute it's actually available. 

Oh yeah, I’m definitely going to be buying the minute they become available. I’ve been lucky to have the cash to do that so far each year. Same with the Modulars, it’s now a New Years tradition to drive to the store for it. And getting all the HP sets will help, I save all the VIP points I get throughout the year & use them on the Modular. 

15 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

My sets are still stuck in customs...

Same here, they’ve been there for over a week. On one hand, I wish I had paid the €8 extra for DHL Express shipping, but on the other I was insanely busy in June and wouldn’t have been able to properly appreciate the sets when I was so stressed out. July is a lot calmer and I’m just hoping the sets come soon. I don’t regret importing them (yet) especially since all the August sets appear to be delayed until September here in the US. 

14 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Yeah I noticed that. Shame that Target Australia is going to be shuttered and phased out, especially when it comes to LEGO prices!

Target Aus had the AT for 20% their full price, but their full price was listed as $10 below full RRP, so it was actually 25%. Doesn't usually get better than that.

I bought the burrow the second that kmart was open on the 1st of July. I got it for $109 au and I was pretty happy. Now I am even happier because that deal is gone and i got it for a steal. Although I was planning to get 4PD for the cheaper price and now it is gone. 

On 6/28/2020 at 11:38 AM, chris6507 said:

I wish I had waited. It's been 6 days and LEGO still hasn't shipped my Burrow yet. And they seem to use notoriously slow postage in Australia. It will probably be down the road for $40 cheaper at Kmart before it gets here! Lol. I also ordered the other 4 I wanted from Amazon 4 weeks ago and they are only just shipping them now. Would have saved another $30-$40 at Kmart if i'd waited. But I thought when Amazon listed them, it meant they had them! :-/

I called LEGO up to see if I could cancel the order yesterday and the employee said the set was never in stock, the listing was actually for a back order which they never listed. She said they’ve got many complaints about the website and that it won’t ship for another 1-2 weeks. I’m waiting to here back to see if it got cancelled and managed to find all the sets in a small toy store yesterday. Target’s also got them listed online at 20% as part of their Toy Sale at the moment.

45 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

I bought the burrow the second that kmart was open on the 1st of July. I got it for $109 au and I was pretty happy. Now I am even happier because that deal is gone and i got it for a steal. Although I was planning to get 4PD for the cheaper price and now it is gone. 

Wow that’s amazing! I wish my Kmart actually stocked the sets on release rather than a week later. I did a click and collect for two of them from Target to get the deal and also bought two at full price from a small toy store cause I couldn’t wait to get them open and build. Might keep the second sealed and hold onto that.