Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The locket definitely needs a new mold, so does the diadem. We got the diary and Nagini and those two are perfect. The ring would be great as a new mold but I think I would be satisfied with a 1x1 round printed tile. I think the cup would be ok as just the trophy mold (like the one in the Great Hall and Quidditch Match). I wouldn’t say no to a printed badger on it but I’m not sure if they can even print on that piece.

They can, at least as far as CMF’s are concerned. Series 16 Dog Show winner had a dog printed on that trophy. 

50 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm pretty sure the Infinity Stone mold can't be used outside of the Marvel theme 

sure they can, nothing trademark-able about those.

they aren't even the shapes you see in the mcu films.

Edited by deskp

It is probably like the lobster with batman. In the beginning it was licensed, but soon it started to show up in unlicensed sets and the license mark was removed. Do not see why the stone part is so special after all, lots of parts made for different licensed themes show up in other sets later it is Lego after all :wink:

Got the Astronomy Tower on Tuesday, and wasted no time integrating it with the rest of my Hogwarts layout!

Really happy with it so far! The AT itself surpassed my expectations, it really was a joy to build. Just need to wait for The Burrow to arrive from S@H!

Spoiler

00lITnB.jpg

Edited by Willsy

1 minute ago, Willsy said:

Got the Astronomy Tower on Tuesday, and wasted no time integrating it with the rest of my Hogwarts layout!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/CFQVBSQ" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/CFQVBSQ"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Really happy with it so far! The AT itself surpassed my expectations, it really was a joy to build. Just need to wait for The Burrow to arrive from S@H!

just to help you out:

00lITnB.jpg

8 minutes ago, deskp said:

just to help you out:

00lITnB.jpg

Thanks, I can never quite remember how to deeplink pictures. Shows how much I actually share pictures on EB! :grin:

4 minutes ago, Willsy said:

Thanks, I can never quite remember how to deeplink pictures. Shows how much I actually share pictures on EB! :grin:

litteraly just add the direct link to the image.

Built The Burrow today, cool set!

The way it opens up works pretty well I think, and adds interior space. Figs are good, the new Hedwig is awesome!

About the stickers, the design of some of them make them look a little cheap compared to the previous Harry Potter sets. And in retrospect maybe I should have left out the stickers on the windows, the make the outside look a bit crowded.

Overall though, I think this will be my favourite set for this wave (excluding the rumoured D2C of course).

3 minutes ago, deskp said:

litteraly just add the direct link to the image.

Thanks! Other forums I use tend to require more steps so it always gets a bit confusing. 

2 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

Built The Burrow today, cool set!

The way it opens up works pretty well I think, and adds interior space. Figs are good, the new Hedwig is awesome!

About the stickers, the design of some of them make them look a little cheap compared to the previous Harry Potter sets. And in retrospect maybe I should have left out the stickers on the windows, the make the outside look a bit crowded.

Overall though, I think this will be my favourite set for this wave (excluding the rumoured D2C of course).

The Burrow is my most anticipated set this year, I already have plans to mod the left side of it so it's covered but can open up. 

16 minutes ago, SuperChris said:

Question for anyone who has the Burrow. How many bags does the set include please?

7 bags

My Room of Requirement and Forbidden Forest just arrived, can't wait to build those tomorrow :excited:

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

My Room of Requirement and Forbidden Forest just arrived, can't wait to build those tomorrow :excited:

The RoR is the only full set I have and I actually love it, everything I was worried about has been proved to be false worry, I’m not sure if it’s because I don’t have any other sets, but I personally feel that it’a an amazing set

I received (and build) the RoR, Forbidden Forest and Astronomy Tower yesterday. The build of the RoR is a lot better than I initially expected and the tree in the FF set is pretty good. I'll definetely have to fix the back of Grawp (probably taking some inspiration from Micmac) but overall he looks good. The Astronomy Tower is fantastic, though I'll have to add another layer to the AT itself as it doesn't really stand out next to the other structures in my Hogwarts display. I really don't understand why they used those green pieces on the roofs though, it doesn't look bad on it's own but it's really inconistent with the other sets and that bothers me.

1 hour ago, Willsy said:

Hide contents

00lITnB.jpg

Wow! This is an amazing setup. I love how everything's all nestled together. I hope to do something like this!

I love your MOCs as well, like that archway.

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

I received (and build) the RoR, Forbidden Forest and Astronomy Tower yesterday. The build of the RoR is a lot better than I initially expected and the tree in the FF set is pretty good. I'll definetely have to fix the back of Grawp (probably taking some inspiration from Micmac) but overall he looks good. The Astronomy Tower is fantastic, though I'll have to add another layer to the AT itself as it doesn't really stand out next to the other structures in my Hogwarts display. I really don't understand why they used those green pieces on the roofs though, it doesn't look bad on it's own but it's really inconistent with the other sets and that bothers me.

Everyone keeps posting "I got this set" and my mouse cursor edges nearer and nearer to the "Buy" button...

I can't be the only person getting Jurassic Park D2C (75936) flashbacks from all of the "we're absolutely getting a Diagon Alley D2C set! It's been confirmed!!" hubbub in here? Everyone here was so certain that set would be a model of the visitor's center, with constant postulating on which features and minifigs would be included. Then it came out, and everyone ranted and raved because it wasn't the visitor's center they'd convinced themselves they were getting, hahaha.

It's probably going to be an Expert scale model of Hagrid's bike or the Knight Bus, guys.

Just now, klinton said:

I can't be the only person getting Jurassic Park D2C (75936) flashbacks from all of the "we're absolutely getting a Diagon Alley D2C set! It's been confirmed!!" hubbub in here? Everyone here was so certain that set would be a model of the visitor's center, with constant postulating on which features and minifigs would be included. Then it came out, and everyone ranted and raved because it wasn't the visitor's center they'd convinced themselves they were getting, hahaha.

It's probably going to be an Expert scale model of Hagrid's bike or the Knight Bus, guys.

You're glossing over some important stuff here. We have had multiple sources reporting on a Diagon Alley D2C, last year we knew a Jurassic D2C was coming but we didn't know what it was. We didn't get any hints or leaks whatsoever (except for some figures) so everyone just assumed it would be the OG Visitor Center as it was the most likely option. This time we do have info on what the D2C is so this situation certainly won't be repeated in this specific scenario.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

You're glossing over some important stuff here. We have had multiple sources reporting on a Diagon Alley D2C, last year we knew a Jurassic D2C was coming but we didn't know what it was. We didn't get any hints or leaks whatsoever (except for some figures) so everyone just assumed it would be the OG Visitor Center as it was the most likely option. This time we do have info on what the D2C is so this situation certainly won't be repeated in this specific scenario.

Do we have anyone reliable who’s said they have inside information on what the D2C is though? I was under the impression that the initial leaks were just that there was a Harry Potter D2C and most of the people reporting it have just said it’s probably Diagon Alley. (Not that there aren’t good reasons to suspect it’s DA, but until there’s official word or physical leaks that couldn’t come from anything else it seems prudent not to get too invested in the idea)

Edited by Accio Lego

Just finished building the burrow, as that and the students pack arrived today. Gotta say it’s easily the best set of the wave. The detail is astounding!

this entire wave is pretty solid all round, I can’t help but feel that hedwig was a wasted stance that could have been used on another system scale set, but then again last year we had the Carriage and we had FB taking up spots in the first year so it’s not that bad. I just wish we’d gotten more things from years 5&6 rather than a year 2 set and a build able owl shoved in. Would have loved a ministry of magic set!

2 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

Wow! This is an amazing setup. I love how everything's all nestled together. I hope to do something like this!

I love your MOCs as well, like that archway.

Thank you! It's taken months of redesigning and rearranging things, but I'm super happy the with result. Just need to do the bridge from the Great Hall courtyard now!

My Burrow just dispatched as well, should be arriving within the next couple of days!

Hi guys, how is the correct order of the sets, that's how I connected them currently: 

VR0iYwN.jpg

6 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Do we have anyone reliable who’s said they have inside information on what the D2C is though? I was under the impression that the initial leaks were just that there was a Harry Potter D2C and most of the people reporting it have just said it’s probably Diagon Alley. (Not that there aren’t good reasons to suspect it’s DA, but until there’s official word or physical leaks that couldn’t come from anything else it seems prudent not to get too invested in the idea)

My toughs exactly :thumbup: I do not feel safe until I see the pictures especially after the last microfig D2C :sceptic:

6 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Inb4 it actually a brickbuilt Magical Creature ?, wouldn’t even be mad because then I really wouldn’t be annoyed about not being able to buy it ?

27 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Inb4 it actually a brickbuilt Magical Creature ?, wouldn’t even be mad because then I really wouldn’t be annoyed about not being able to buy it ?

Hmm...at $400...actual size Niffler, complete with shiny gold trinkets? :grin: