Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Probably a weird idea, but what if the Diagon Alley set reach the top 10 of all Lego sets in terms of piececount

2 minutes ago, Jinzol said:

Probably a weird idea, but what if the Diagon Alley set reach the top 10 of all Lego sets in terms of piececount

I wouldn’t be surprised if it did, since there are only 15 sets with 4000 pieces or more (counting both versions of the Taj Majal and UCS Falcon), and I’m expecting a $400 licensed D2C to have at least 4000 pieces but hopefully more. 

What do people think future hogwarts expansions will look like. Because the potions classroom is on the bottom floor and in lego that is just the ground floor, will a cos and slytherin cm be on the ground floor. And will we get other teachers dada classrooms. I would love lupin's classroom and lockheart's classroom. it could be a possibilty because we have gotten snape's and slughorn's classrooms. 

Plus we need an umbridges office!

1 hour ago, Tommy269 said:

What do people think future hogwarts expansions will look like. Because the potions classroom is on the bottom floor and in lego that is just the ground floor, will a cos and slytherin cm be on the ground floor. And will we get other teachers dada classrooms. I would love lupin's classroom and lockheart's classroom. it could be a possibilty because we have gotten snape's and slughorn's classrooms. 

I honestly dont know where I would see the Hogwarts expansions going by this point. I feel like they’ve kind of reached a natural place where it would make sense to stop with the full Hogwarts expansion sets. This may be waaay premature, but making an educated guess based off of previous waves I forsee the sets for next year to look something like:

1. Hogsmeade D2C (including Shrieking Shack and Honeydukes) [echoing Diagon Alley’s D2C from this year]

2. Harry/ Voldemort Air Chase Including Hagrid’s Motorbike (Token vehicle-centric set for the wave)

3. A remake of Harry’s “death” scene in the Forbidden Forest (token Forbidden Forest set for the wave)

& then any 2 out of these 5: Shell Cottage (full building), Malfoy manor (just a few small builds or a facade, not the full enclosed building), Godrick’s Hollow Battle w Bathilda Bagshot, Gringott’s cart chase (small build to accompany the Diagon Alley D2C), or Polyjuice Potion/ Invading the Ministry of Magic

I think we would be VERY lucky if we got a set for: Fleur’s wedding at the Burrow, Attack at Xenophilius’s house, or a tent-related scene (these seem the most unlikely to me)

With all of these options in mind, I dont forsee them adding to Hogwarts again anytime soon after AT. Sorry if I’m totally jumping the gun in terms of set predictions, I’m just trying to give some this-wave related insight and context on whether or not AT will be the final addition to Hogwarts (for awhile).

Edited by m0repotter

3 minutes ago, m0repotter said:

I honestly dont know where I would see the Hogwarts expansions going by this point. I feel like they’ve kind of reached a natural place where it would make sense to stop with the full Hogwarts expansion sets. This may be waaay premature, but making an educated guess based off of previous waves I forsee the sets for next year to look something like:

1. Hogsmeade D2C (including Shrieking Shack and Honeydukes) [echoing Diagon Alley’s D2C from this year]

2. Harry/ Voldemort Air Chase Including Hagrid’s Motorbike (Token vehicle-centric set for the wave)

3. A remake of Harry’s “death” scene in the Forbidden Forest (token Forbidden Forest set for the wave)

& then any 2 out of these 5: Shell Cottage (full building), Malfoy manor (just a few small builds or a facade, not the full enclosed building), Godrick’s Hollow Battle w Bathilda Bagshot, Gringott’s cart chase (small build to accompany the Diagon Alley D2C), or Polyjuice Potion/ Invading the Ministry of Magic

I think we would be VERY lucky if we got a set for: Fleur’s wedding at the Burrow, Attack at Xenophilius’s house, or a tent-related scene (these seem the most unlikely to me)

With all of these options in mind, I dont forsee them adding to Hogwarts again anytime soon after AT. Sorry if I’m totally jumping the gun in terms of set predictions, I’m just trying to give some this-wave related insight and context on whether or not AT will be the final addition to Hogwarts (for awhile).

I agree

Although I think the hogwarts expansions will stop next wave. They will probably still add on to it. But not as frequently

I hope my thoughts are wrong, but my gut is telling me: bell towers next year with battle elements.

And since they were aiming to do two films a year, they will be done after next year. So, remake of Great Hall in 2022? I'd hate for remakes so soon...but if I had to be positive: better to have remakes than for the HP theme to be dead again?

I hope I am wrong though and we continue to get different parts of Hogwarts.

Still lots of castle to do, and they all have different shapes and sizes:

Lookout tower

Central tower (long gallery)

Bell towers

Training grounds tower (courtyard) 

Boat house 

Owlry (west tower)

Bits of the Quad etc

10 hours ago, Melle_24 said:

okay, it’s 400 euros, but I at least want 4500 pieces then.

I think that's expecting a little bit too much. The general PPR is around 10 cents so that would put it around 4000 pieces, given it's a licensed set it'll probably be a bit lower than that unless they use a ton of small pieces which I kinda doubt as the bulk of the buildings will probably need medium to large pieces.

7 hours ago, autolycus said:

I'll take as many minifigs as I can get! But the whole F1 top 10 thing has to mean something. Maybe 10 exclusives plus a few that are repeats from another set? That would be pretty excellent, IMO.

That would be perfect imo.

2 hours ago, m0repotter said:

I actually think Fleur and Bill's wedding is screaming for a small set, especially considering lego seems to love putting festive things in the sets for this theme.

I see a fair amount of people disagree with me on this but I think the Nagini/Bathilda Bagshot attack is rather unlikely to become a set.

1 hour ago, joeee said:

I hope my thoughts are wrong, but my gut is telling me: bell towers next year with battle elements.

And since they were aiming to do two films a year, they will be done after next year. So, remake of Great Hall in 2022? I'd hate for remakes so soon...but if I had to be positive: better to have remakes than for the HP theme to be dead again?

I hope I am wrong though and we continue to get different parts of Hogwarts.

The Bell Towers would be a great addition to the castle

7 hours ago, Vindicare said:

2018 for sure. The surprise factor of its return & how great everything looked. 

Ya know, with the leak of that haunted house & it apparently coming soon, I would okay with DA being released later. It’ll give me time to recoup money to get it day one. 

Holy... that looks great!!!

2020 is so far looking to be one of the best years (in Lego ;) imo... The modular, pirate bay, the new haunted house, and the so-far spectacular HP-sets have all blown my expectations away.  The quality of these sets make me even more excited for the DA!

I think 14-18 minifigs for the D2C is a realistic estimation. More would probably be pushing it and less would be disappointing since the last one already had 11 (if you count the skeleton), and that was only a 150$ set :grin: The other sets prove that TLG aren’t stingy with minifigs in this theme

39 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think that's expecting a little bit too much. The general PPR is around 10 cents so that would put it around 4000 pieces, given it's a licensed set it'll probably be a bit lower than that unless they use a ton of small pieces which I kinda doubt as the bulk of the buildings will probably need medium to large pieces.

That’s true. But I thought that because the castle was 6000 pieces for 450 euros so we might get something like that. But the castle used a ton of small pieces so I didn’t think that thru.

Edited by Melle_24

51 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I actually think Fleur and Bill's wedding is screaming for a small set, especially considering lego seems to love putting festive things in the sets for this theme.

I see a fair amount of people disagree with me on this but I think the Nagini/Bathilda Bagshot attack is rather unlikely to become a set.

I actually think nagini in Godric's Hollow will happen just for an excuse to have another creature set. Deathly Hallows have next to no creatures within the 2 movies except nagini and the iron belly and the iron belly seems likely to appear in diagon alley leaving next year creature-less. If next year is similar to this and we get roughly 7 sets in two waves. They'd probably want some form of brick built creature that isnt a skeletal basilisk. Although maybe they'll skip a creature next wave and just have the doe patronus or something in a €20 set with harry Ron and the locket (maybe a tent build)

51 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Edited by DNSNVN01

1 hour ago, DNSNVN01 said:

the iron belly seems likely to appear in diagon alley leaving next year creature-less.

I feel like an "Escape from Gringotts" set could be its own thing (Ukrainian Ironbelly, vault, mine cart tracks), so I'm not necessarily expecting the dragon to be in the Diagon Alley set. And don't forget Fantastic Beasts 3 is (so far) slated for next year, so there's more opportunity for creatures there as well.

8 hours ago, Tommy269 said:

The boathouse or the bridge (wooden or stone one) ? These had some of the key scenes in the last film.

2 hours ago, Mr G said:

The boathouse or the bridge (wooden or stone one) ? These had some of the key scenes in the last film.

I could see all the key locations in the Battle of Hogwarts just thrown in together. They could have a generic tower in the middle, with the wooden bridge on one side, the courtyard on the other side and the Boathouse at the bottom and it could connect to the other side of the Great Hall. 

Also now we've seen Grawp I'm really hoping for a similar giant build next year too!

Have we had any updates on the new CMF series? I LOVED the figures on the leaked packaging, and I’m really curious to see who else is included!

11 minutes ago, jjr_2009 said:

Have we had any updates on the new CMF series? I LOVED the figures on the leaked packaging, and I’m really curious to see who else is included!

I’m sorry where are the leaks?

are they on here?

12 minutes ago, jjr_2009 said:

Nope, just some rumours, courtesy of _kingnono_ :wink: Unless a factory leak à la DC occurs, we won‘t see anything until the official reveal, which should be around July I think. The bag leaking this early was definitely a huge slip :snicker:

3 minutes ago, Rosie99 said:

I’m sorry where are the leaks?

are they on here?

We are neither allowed to post pictures of the leaks themselves nor links to said leaks, so you have to look for them on the Internet. Using the set number, it shouldn‘t take too long to find them :wink:

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Nope, just some rumours, courtesy of _kingnono_ :wink: Unless a factory leak à la DC occurs, we won‘t see anything until the official reveal, which should be around July I think. The bag leaking this early was definitely a huge slip :snicker:

We are neither allowed to post pictures of the leaks themselves nor links to said leaks, so you have to look for them on the Internet. Using the set number, it shouldn‘t take too long to find them :wink:

Oh ok. Thank you

19 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

We are neither allowed to post pictures of the leaks themselves nor links to said leaks, so you have to look for them on the Internet.

Does anyone know the reasoning behind that? I don't really understand why we can't.

1 minute ago, Brick Guru said:

Does anyone know the reasoning behind that? I don't really understand why we can't.

Because those leaks are stolen from LEGO 99% of the time, not allowing us to post pictures and links means Eurobricks won´t get dragged to court

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Because those leaks are stolen from LEGO 99% of the time, not allowing us to post pictures and links means Eurobricks won´t get dragged to court

Ah, okay. I didn't realize that that was a rule until recently. 

7 hours ago, Bainter-ban said:

Holy... that looks great!!!

2020 is so far looking to be one of the best years (in Lego ;) imo... The modular, pirate bay, the new haunted house, and the so-far spectacular HP-sets have all blown my expectations away.  The quality of these sets make me even more excited for the DA!

I have to agree. This is going to be one exciting & expensive summer. 

On another note, just saw Radcliffe on a morning talk show & he talked about building LEGO(which included a discussion on it being “LEGO” and not LEGOs) during this time & all I want to know is if he has himself. 

2 hours ago, jjr_2009 said:

Well based on hints from kingnon we are definitely getting Gregory Goyle (possibly as Polyjuice Harry) and Poppy Pomfrey.

Based on more indirect hints we are possibly getting Vincent Crabbe (as Polyjuice Ron) and Cat Hermione.

Other characters that we are not sure where they appear include Gilderoy Lockhart (either DA, CMF or 75978), Sirius Black (either CMF or AC), George Weasley and Fred Weasley (either DA or CMF, could be both tho).

I‘m not trying to hype people up, but the rumoured Marvel Brickheadz sets turned out to be a minifig pack. There is now a non-0 probability that the supposed Hogwarts students Brickheadz set could also be something else, if you catch my drift :excited: Maybe I‘m wrong though, so let‘s not get too excited here