Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Zepthire said:

I get what you are saying and had the same thought earlier. Directly next to each other the clock tower and astronomy tower sets don't look right. Mainly because there is no lower wall at the right edge of the clock or the left edge of the astronomy.

A Photoshop from StoneWars had the whomping willow and clock tower swapped around and this looked okay. I don't know that it's ideal for Lego to require us to swap them around after previously saying they fit another way but I don't see a better solution. I don't believe there is any big castle set still to be revealed in this wave that would go in-between clock and astronomy though.

Exact.  The two buildings do not match, that's why I hypothesized the presence of another set.  I hope to see the arrangement suggested by the designers soon ...

Just now, UKFan922 said:

After reading OoTP I really want a Grimmauld Place. I know some people say it's boring, but it would still make a great set. I don't see how it would be anymore complicated than the Burrow. I made that Lego creator set  31097 the other day and I can see it being a similar sized build for about £75.

At least we will probably be getting Grimmauld Place in the advent calendar.

4 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

I agree with you on everything, except,

I quite like the Grawp, but I could see why you would want him to look different. I think they had two routes they could go here and they are vastly different so naturally some people will be pleased some will be disappointed.

and the Hedwig - while it doesn't appeal to me, I don't think they failed at all! What they've done with the clockwork is really clever, and the design is something very unique to Lego but very realistic-looking. I feel like you need to look at pics from multiple angles to picture in your head how it looks better though, as some angles make it look a bit weird. How do you think they failed?

Hedwig is way to angular and should have been build with some rounder shapes. Especially the head is very angular in the form. I was trying to find if some angles is good looking but only found a few angles it's not looking that terrible, before I wright my post and my opinion is still there. It's in a estetic way it failed. In a technical way Hedwig maybe not failed but in a estetic way she did. I'm not a fan of SW but Yoda looked better and have the rounded shapes what i hoped Hedwig will get. And why leave that many visible studs..

The centatures is amazing and I think the tree building was clever. The figures is good to. But my eyes are bleeding when I looking on Graup. This time i'm glad that is stickers and I can use the pieces for something else. Even if I hoped to get a better looking troll (like the old set, but better) with him included i'm still happy of this set because we will get the amazing centatures. Probably I will buy multiples of this set to get some of them.

Just now, UKFan922 said:

After reading OoTP I really want a Grimmauld Place. I know some people say it's boring, but it would still make a great set. I don't see how it would be anymore complicated than the Burrow. I made that Lego creator set  31097 the other day and I can see it being a similar sized build for about £75.

Remember this is a licenced theme so you can't really compare prices. But yes, that'd be a really cool set. They could make it a similar price point to the Burrow easily. I don't think the small half-house aesthetic of Privet Drive would work for it.

What would be really cool is if they had two walls that cover the front of it that slide apart, similarly to the Room of Requirement back wall. However this would require lots of parts, an extra walls' worth, and not be very sturdy, especially when pulled apart!

Although I kinda wonder what they'd put in it to make it interesting. Personally, I can't think of many interesting-looking scenes in Grimmauld Place, but I might be not remembering some stuff.

2 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Been looking at the Astronomy Tower again. Is it just me or does the front of it look very... flat? Apart from the door at the bottom, it all seems very on-layer. Clock Tower was similar at the top but had lots of layering lower down. I feel it needs some more depth.

I'm not complaining or hating on it, just something nitpicky I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned.

I had commented exactly that, it looks even flatter when you compare it to the clock tower, but I don’t hate it either.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Well the Rise of Voldermort set came with Voldy, Harry, Pettigrew and a Death Eater (not to mention baby Voldy) so I think a Ministry Battle set could easily include 4 minifigures too - I'd say Voldy, Harry, Dumbledore and going on Kingnono's hint maybe Fudge? 

True, I just hope they focus more on the builds and not on giving us more minifigures. The water ball and the fire snake some suggested would be rad!

Just now, MaxHeadroom said:

Room of requirement is designed for both sides to be on the interior. It connects on the inside of the AT (there is an additional set of holes for pins on the right of the entrance hall facing inward. 

Oh, I see! I hadn't noticed that, and wasn't sure what people meant when they were referring to it. I really like that idea, it's really clever!

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

Remember this is a licenced theme so you can't really compare prices. But yes, that'd be a really cool set. They could make it a similar price point to the Burrow easily. I don't think the small half-house aesthetic of Privet Drive would work for it.

What would be really cool is if they had two walls that cover the front of it that slide apart, similarly to the Room of Requirement back wall. However this would require lots of parts, an extra walls' worth, and not be very sturdy, especially when pulled apart!

Although I kinda wonder what they'd put in it to make it interesting. Personally, I can't think of many interesting-looking scenes in Grimmauld Place, but I might be not remembering some stuff.

Yeah I agree. Well the kitchen and the tapestry room, and a bedroom or two. Maybe square like Private Drive but taller so the price is between Private and the Burrow somewhere. And yeah those moving sided would be awesome. 

Just now, Otherworld said:

I had commented exactly that, it looks even flatter when you compare it to the clock tower, but I don’t hate it either.

Yeah, actually I totally love the set, and think it'll look better depth-wise as we're discussing in real life with the viaduct entrance to its side.

Something I do really like about the Astronomy Tower is the way they've done those small turrets using interesting techniques. The back one is attached with cylindrical 2x2s. Meanwhile, the front one uses a SNOT technqiue (you can see based on the rear photo) and some curved "hump" tiles on their ends. It makes the turrets look like they're built directly into the walls.

1 minute ago, Crookshanks said:

Hedwig is way to angular and should have been build with some rounder shapes. Especially the head is very angular in the form. I was trying to find if some angles is good looking but only found a few angles it's not looking that terrible, before I wright my post and my opinion is still there. It's in a estetic way it failed. In a technical way Hedwig maybe not failed but in a estetic way she did. I'm not a fan of SW but Yoda looked better and have the rounded shapes what i hoped Hedwig will get. And why leave that many visible studs..

The centatures is amazing and I think the tree building was clever. The figures is good to. But my eyes are bleeding when I looking on Graup. This time i'm glad that is stickers and I can use the pieces for something else. Even if I hoped to get a better looking troll (like the old set, but better) with him included i'm still happy of this set because we will get the amazing centatures. Probably I will buy multiples of this set to get some of them.

Fair enough, I can see exactly where you're coming from on both counts. Yes the Forbidden Forest set looks a good set to get multiples of with that large tree build as well. With the three Forbidden Forest sets, we're getting a really good forest with lots of variety in the ways the trees are built! I love that.

Just now, UKFan922 said:

Yeah I agree. Well the kitchen and the tapestry room, and a bedroom or two. Maybe square like Private Drive but taller so the price is between Private and the Burrow somewhere. And yeah those moving sided would be awesome. 

Yeah, I'm probably forgetting stuff, I just couldn't think of anything but kitchen/dining room or tapestry room. Not sure I remember scenes in bedrooms. I'll have to watch the films again when I get home, in preparation!

Edited by sammy_zammy

Wow these sets look great! I'm especially looking forward to the forbidden forest encounter set. I'm really happy LEGO is continuing to make large brick built human or humanish characters look like giant minifigs. Grawp looks really good and the centaurs are fantastic!(no pun intended) I'm also loving that they're continuing to put the patronus animals in the cheapest sets making them easy to get.

Edited by ToaDraco

15 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Been looking at the Astronomy Tower again. Is it just me or does the front of it look very... flat? Apart from the door at the bottom, it all seems very on-layer. Clock Tower was similar at the top but had lots of layering lower down. I feel it needs some more depth.

I'm not complaining or hating on it, just something nitpicky I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned.

It does look a little flat. But then having said that, it is accurate to the “real” Asteonomy Tower. I think, instead of stickers, LEGO could have used a few 1x2 masonry bricks to give it a bit more texture.

I would try to connect the Astronomy Tower/Viaduct Entrance so that it's angled across from the Great Hall, maybe using the archway from the Womping Willow as a substitute for the Stone Bridge. Kind like this. 

3jG2Ut5.png

Edited by Ferder

5 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

It does look a little flat. But then having said that, it is accurate to the “real” Asteonomy Tower. I think, instead of stickers, LEGO could have used a few 1x2 masonry bricks to give it a bit more texture.

Yes that would work. I'm sure I can MOC it.

Just now, Ferder said:

I would try to connect the Astronomy Tower/Viaduct Entrance so that it's angled across from the Great Hall, maybe using the archway from the Womping Willow as a substitute for the Stone Bridge. Kind like what this. 

I love this!

4 minutes ago, Ferder said:

I would try to connect the Astronomy Tower/Viaduct Entrance so that it's angled across from the Great Hall, maybe using the archway from the Womping Willow as a substitute for the Stone Bridge. Kind like what this. 

This is the closest to how the map of hogwarts is laid out, and then the clocktower goes out back on the other side of the great hall.  

Hogwarts map sketch; https://www.pinterest.com/pin/130041507961572710/

Lego Set Layout Sketch; https://m.imgur.com/a/hnrbl2I

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ugh, why can't LEGO just price sets the same between the Netherlands and Germany. AT is 10 euro and Privet DRive 5 euro more expensive for absolutely no reason...

I think that that is because of different percentage's of taxes...

Incredible wave yet again. And there’s still s few more sets to see if I recall correctly

I just saw the clearer view on the Umbridge Rules. Looks like they are rules:

68: All student organisations are disbanded.

82: All students will commit to questioning

23: Dolores Umbridge has been appointed high inquisitor

30: All Weasley products will be banned immediately

So pretty much the 4 most well known/important ones.

1 minute ago, Ferder said:

That's definitely what I'm going to do. I connect the clocktower on the other side of the great Hall with the Yule Ball in between

I really like the burrow and it's my next favourite of this 6 sets. But someone mentioned of the color scheme was better before. And I can agree, especially the roof is a bit to bright in the color.

I've even prefer a style more like the fishing store, only a touch of the style to the burrow.

But I really looking forward to get it and modify to the style I want to have, it seems to be a fun build to modify.

23 minutes ago, Ferder said:

I would try to connect the Astronomy Tower/Viaduct Entrance so that it's angled across from the Great Hall, maybe using the archway from the Womping Willow as a substitute for the Stone Bridge. Kind like this. 

*picture*

So where would you put the Clocktower & the bit of the WW section? That looks really good though. 

4 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

30: All Weasley products will be banned immediately

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes confirmed :tongue:

Personally I've got my Hogwarts sections just placed next to and behind each other in my display, since I don't have much space and that way they can be nearer together than if they were attached. I'm not going for any screen accuracy - Hogwarts is magical, they're LEGO, and they just look nice bunched up together!

I only just realised I own the old Mary Jane who uses the same hair piece as the old Molly. That's gonna be an easy fix.

Also I was wondering, the door in the AT has this wooden panel or hatch or whatever it's called instead of the usual bars/grid. Is that a new piece? I've never seen it before.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Also I was wondering, the door in the AT has this wooden panel or hatch or whatever it's called instead of the usual bars/grid. Is that a new piece? I've never seen it before.

Nope it's been around since I think Pirates of the Caribbean, but not used very frequently.

6 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

So where would you put the Clocktower & the bit of the WW section? That looks really good though. 

Behind the Great Hall. But I would swap the positions of the Dumbledore Office Tower and the Yule Ball Section, so the Yule Ball piece is closer to the Great Hall, and the Clock Tower isn't directly touching the Great Hall.

ShEWVLX.png

Edited by Ferder

5 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Personally I've got my Hogwarts sections just placed next to and behind each other in my display, since I don't have much space and that way they can be nearer together than if they were attached. I'm not going for any screen accuracy - Hogwarts is magical, they're LEGO, and they just look nice bunched up together!

Same! I feel free to arrange the sections however I please, even if they don’t connect. Weird coming from me since I don’t dare modify one bit of the castle or even minifigures lol.