Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The waiting is incredibly annoying, but at least we‘re now almost past last year‘s reveal date, so leaks could drop any day now :moar:

What annoys me more though is what @jdubbs has pointed out in the Star Wars thread: we already could have pictures of various themes by now, if it weren‘t for some would-be leakers on IG that just had to betray the Monkie Kid source, causing TLG to drop the hammer on them :hmpf_bad:

Man people love the leakers who find the pictures when they come up but get annoyed when there isn’t more but with this argument it’s not really true. First pictures wouldn’t be out if it were not for them in the first place so don’t blame people and second with removing things Lego has a response time once they have been notified. In this case Lego was notified before the pictures hit Instagram 

16 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

Yeah it would have to be huge! And also there's the fact that you can arrange the Hogwarts sections however you like which would be an issue. And also I question how they could make an underground section stable enough without wasting loads of pieces on technic beams simply to hold stuff above up, sets that many people may not even have and so would be pointless for those people and reduce the amount of other stuff they can put in.

I think it's safe to say this modular design is staying side-to-side not top-to-bottom, even if it causes continuity issues with underground which should be clear by now isn't important to Lego.

I've said before and I'll say it again - Lego really went all out on minifigs. Heck, I wasn't planning on buying the Hungarian Horntail set as I didn't like the dragon, but bought it anyway yesterday almost solely for the minifigs.

This is a very important thing to remember - there's no need to immediately buy, and next year could be much less expensive to allow you to catch up. And most of these will probably be easily gotten for 30% off if you're patient (at least in the UK I find that achievable most of the time, don't know about elsewhere) and nab any deals, maybe more around November/December.

Where do you find the sets for 30% off in uk? Most I’ve found is 20% at smyths when they did every time you spend £50 on toys you get £10 off

Edited by RandomSniper109

Just now, RandomSniper109 said:

Where do you find the sets for 30% off in uk? Most I’ve found is 20% at smyths when they did every time you spend £50 on toys you get £10 off

I'll PM you :)

16 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Man people love the leakers who find the pictures when they come up but get annoyed when there isn’t more but with this argument it’s not really true. First pictures wouldn’t be out if it were not for them in the first place so don’t blame people and second with removing things Lego has a response time once they have been notified. In this case Lego was notified before the pictures hit Instagram 

I wasn't referring to proper leakers like you, but rather the army of copycats out there :wink: 

We'll get there, guys! I think we're all anxious to see things. and half us of are probably refreshing Instagram a little too often (myself included)!  I'm just grateful that leaks are coming relatively soon! 

11 minutes ago, BigHobbit said:

We'll get there, guys! I think we're all anxious to see things. and half us of are probably refreshing Instagram a little too often (myself included)!  I'm just grateful that leaks are coming relatively soon! 

We don’t know if there will be any leaks at all, we’re pretty much just waiting for the official reveal at this point

We all probably got into the “any day now” mindset too early, which is why the lack of reveals is so disappointing. Hopefully sometime next week, although I hope we don’t have to wait as long as next weekend. Hopefully early in the week, but maybe I’m not learning my lesson of lowering expectations 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Hopefully early in the week, but maybe I’m not learning my lesson of lowering expectations 

I won't either :hmpf_bad:

While I still firmly believe 75978 will feature the Duel in the Ministry of Magic Atrium, all this talk of a surprise Chamber of Secrets set has me wondering what a new Chamber set could look like and how it would connect to the modular castle.

I just found this great MOC by Bricktorian Guard, which I think nails it. Just a simple horizontal expansion to the modular set with some really cool features. What do you all think?

https://youtu.be/jZNVq2hRlKY

At least the leakers got their priorities straight. The new DOTS wave is so much more appealling than stupid wizard or even space wizard (Star Wars) toys. (heavy sarcasam)

even tho we haven't seen any of the regular sets. But just cause we have talked so much about all of them i have almost lost some excitement for these normal sets.

The possible d2c seems so much more like it could be either great or super disappointing.

the normal sets seem more predictable.    And especially after seeing the dull and disappointing figures of the astronomy tower it sort of sucked away some of my excitement.

Of course it will still be exiting to see the actual pictures and get to dig in and analyze the sets.

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

At least the leakers got their priorities straight. The new DOTS wave is so much more appealling than stupid wizard or even space wizard (Star Wars) toys. (heavy sarcasam)

Well, the recent leaks originate from at least four different web shops, so it‘s not the fault of the leakers which order the themes get revealed in :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Who let the freakin animals loose on IG? Damn idiots. I’ve had to report and block so many accounts today because crybabies can’t handle not seeing their toys when they want to and instead of waiting like the rest of us they have to spread obscenities and hatred all over #legoleaks

While Harry Potter is my highest priority right now, I am still interested in DOTS too (certainly a hell of a lot more than Star Wars).

28 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

While I still firmly believe 75978 will feature the Duel in the Ministry of Magic Atrium, all this talk of a surprise Chamber of Secrets set has me wondering what a new Chamber set could look like and how it would connect to the modular castle.

I just found this great MOC by Bricktorian Guard, which I think nails it. Just a simple horizontal expansion to the modular set with some really cool features. What do you all think?

https://youtu.be/jZNVq2hRlKY

I really love their basilisk! That's a very cool MOC. Take a look at this one I found the other day too, it doesn't fit with other sets but is also cool 

I've got a Chamber of Secrets MOC partially made, that I'm building as well as my Forbidden Corridor. I'll be sure to share with you all when it's done :)

25 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

I actually really like DOTS lol

26 minutes ago, deskp said:

even tho we haven't seen any of the regular sets. But just cause we have talked so much about all of them i have almost lost some excitement for these normal sets.

The possible d2c seems so much more like it could be either great or super disappointing.

the normal sets seem more predictable.    And especially after seeing the dull and disappointing figures of the astronomy tower it sort of sucked away some of my excitement.

Of course it will still be exiting to see the actual pictures and get to dig in and analyze the sets.

I can see what you mean about the D2C, especially as even if it's disappointing it's gonna feel like I've obliged myself to buy it because it's a key location. But it's gonna be pretty hard to totally screw up a set with $400 worth of stuff, there may be some bits that are less likeable but as a whole I'm sure it's gonna be awesome. I think we can trust lego knows what they're doing - none of the Harry Potter sets so far have been totally awful, there's some clear ones with worse bits but there's nothing really bad.

But I disagree about the loss of excitement for normal sets. I love getting a new set every now and then when it comes on offer, and if it's small it feels like a small reward for waiting without spending a regrettable amount of money. And there's some awesome scenes gonna be shown. And saying the figures are dull is a bit harsh - Ron and Lavender weren't great but the Harry was pretty cool as was Slughorn, and there's still tons left to reveal. It's gonna be awesome I'm sure, there's naturally gonna be some bumps on the road in these sets.

Analysing the sets is gonna be exciting! And I like that so many YouTubers do this - even Jang's started livestreaming his thoughts and reactions to theme reveals.

5 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

While Harry Potter is my highest priority right now, I am still interested in DOTS too (certainly a hell of a lot more than Star Wars).

Same but for the Ideas Treehouse and Barracuda Bay, and I'm also looking at some Creator stuff that looks cool.

35 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Who let the freakin animals loose on IG? Damn idiots. I’ve had to report and block so many accounts today because crybabies can’t handle not seeing their toys when they want to and instead of waiting like the rest of us they have to spread obscenities and hatred all over #legoleaks

Nice to know I’m not the only on reporting the crybaby bullies. Hopefully with multiple people reporting it Instagram they’ll actually feel compelled to take action against the accounts calling others obscene names on a hashtag associated with a children’s toy.  :hmpf_bad:

38 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

I actually really like DOTS lol

I actually really like the look of DOTS too. I hadn’t bought any sets yet because the pencil pot and photo holders were things I knew I’d never use, but the new picture frames and small jewelry box that just leaked... 

41 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah pretty much.  I’ve been periodically checking #legoleaks all week and it’s just gotten super depressing.  I feel genuinely awful for all the leakers who are getting harassed over Danish plastic building blocks.  Ninjawhip in particular has been getting picked on a ton by some wannabe edgelord who just discovered 4chan.  Is there anything we can do besides report them?  Is there some other source for leaks so we can avoid that mess all together?

8 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Nice to know I’m not the only on reporting the crybaby bullies. Hopefully with multiple people reporting it Instagram they’ll actually feel compelled to take action against the accounts calling others obscene names on a hashtag associated with a children’s toy.  :hmpf_bad:

5 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

Yeah pretty much.  I’ve been periodically checking #legoleaks all week and it’s just gotten super depressing.  I feel genuinely awful for all the leakers who are getting harassed over Danish plastic building blocks.  Ninjawhip in particular has been getting picked on a ton by some wannabe edgelord who just discovered 4chan.  Is there anything we can do besides report them?  Is there some other source for leaks so we can avoid that mess all together?

It's the same one or two people just creating tons of alts. I can't believe people can actually be that pathetic.

If this is the attitude of people in the community, I'd rather leakers not post any leaks at all. Their mental health is much more important than some nerds on a forum getting excited about  a kid's toy. I honestly cannot believe people can be so pathetic.

8 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I actually really like the look of DOTS too. I hadn’t bought any sets yet because the pencil pot and photo holders were things I knew I’d never use, but the new picture frames and small jewelry box that just leaked... 

Yeah me neither, but I think they look pretty :purrr:

Edited by sammy_zammy

About the pathetic guy on IG crying to get them spicy leaks... Someone should dm them a disguised malware link and say its a legoleak lol
JK

32 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

Damn, who stole this poor little boy's cookies? Why is he still awake? And how can a six years old kid be on Instagram which is 18+? Just too many questions :hmpf:

Just now, 8fifty said:

Damn, who stole this poor little boy's cookies? Why is he still awake? And how can a six years old kid be on Instagram which is 18+? Just too many questions :hmpf:

Instagram is actually 13+, which is why all these accounts going around harassing people with foul language pisses me off so much. Plenty of legitimate leakers (or reposters) tag their stuff with more general lego hashtags as well as #legoleaks so it’s not unlikely that there are kids out there who follow the stuff getting posted there. The rampant bullying and name calling going on in there could encourage those kids to emulate that kind of behavior or just scare them out of the community all together and that’s just awful. 

does one of the new ninjago sets have a green flame(plume) piece?'

Oh cool lots of them do. guess that means we get those in both dc2 and burrow.

Edited by deskp

Had a look at that guys chamber of secrets- but what I found more interesting, which I really loved- was the Belltowers moc they did! I thought r was fantastic- which makes me think, in terms of hogwarts segments- we can still get: 

the belltowers 

the west wing 

the courtyard 

the owlery 

that’s a lot left.