Murdoch17

Wild West railroad through-truss bridge - real life MOC

This through-truss bridge design was originally downloaded by me (I don't remember the name of the original designer who created the bridge) from the LEGO Factory / Design By ME page in 2010-ish and was never built in real life due to questions about it's strength. I came across it again while looking at my MOCpage account's older files and made it into the version seen above using newer parts and a longer frame quite a while ago. (and as to those original questions about it's strength: It's built like a safe, yet I can pick it up with a single finger by the top..... just don't drop it, because the reddish brown parts won't survive the landing!)

48458955081_7640ac7eb6_z.jpg

More recently, I revised the deck where the track goes to be able to take the RC track up and be able to put down 9V down more easily. (We run 9V trains at shows in Gateway LUG.) In short, the track is now more easily removable to become 9V, 12V, or even a road bridge.

48459118732_16546da1d5.jpg

The bridge fits any of my trains, and should fit all official LEGO trains except for double stack containers such as sets 10219 (Maersk Train) and 10170 (TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car).

Comments, questions, and complaints are always welcome! Many more Wild West items can be seen in my Historic sub-forum topic here.

Nice bridge! I like how it looks like a combination of wood and iron girders. It looks like it would fit in well with a western scene!