Digger of Bricks

LEGO Speed Champions 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Lambo's could be very interesting, color wise they likely go at least 1 yellow or orange car if it's a 2 pack.

yeah im not seeing 13 quid for 250-300 parts, so something about that rumor smells fishy from the beginning.

As for the cars, a new Ferrari would hardly be a surprise, they have new stuff out, im guessing the sf90 would be a likely contestant, the F-8 tributo we will likely see in GT3/GTE form, as we havent seen a 458 or 488 road version, but several racing versions.

Audi, we've seen them before, but a single set with just the ur-S1 seems a bit out of the blue imho, i would be less surprised if they also put a new RS5 in there or something similar. Afaik audi's only motorsport efforts currently are DTM and FE, neither of which is relevant to the S1

Nissan, a GTR would be reaaaally nice, but why bother with the R35 anymore? IF nissan has an R36 in the works, this might be it. Licensing wise though, i dont see nissan making much sense, most previous brands/groups have large amounts of usable cars, with nissan all i can think of is the GT-R (in its various forms) and the original fairlady, the Z350/370 are old and boring and im sure no-one at nissan HQ would like to be reminded of the GT-R-LM

Lambo-combo, i would expect it to feature the succesor to the aventador, as that car is very much due to be replaced, and the big V12 car is always the lambo flagship, the huracan, like it or not, is the big numbers model. License wise lambo is part of VAG, and has audi as a parent company, so should be easily done. Not sure what a second car would be though, lambo has no big racing heritage (some customer GT3 efforts though),  so maybe a miura or countach

That said, im not buying the prices, that would mean ~$0.05/piece on a licensed set... and the nissan inclusion doesnt make a whole lot of sense either, the "and maybe.." sentence also makes me suspect it is a wishlist (which would explain the GT-R and lambo, people have been wishlisting those for ages, getting both now seems a little convenient)

Countach would be so cool

4 hours ago, vectormatic said:

yeah im not seeing 13 quid for 250-300 parts, so something about that rumor smells fishy from the beginning.

As for the cars, a new Ferrari would hardly be a surprise, they have new stuff out, im guessing the sf90 would be a likely contestant, the F-8 tributo we will likely see in GT3/GTE form, as we havent seen a 458 or 488 road version, but several racing versions.

Audi, we've seen them before, but a single set with just the ur-S1 seems a bit out of the blue imho, i would be less surprised if they also put a new RS5 in there or something similar. Afaik audi's only motorsport efforts currently are DTM and FE, neither of which is relevant to the S1

Nissan, a GTR would be reaaaally nice, but why bother with the R35 anymore? IF nissan has an R36 in the works, this might be it. Licensing wise though, i dont see nissan making much sense, most previous brands/groups have large amounts of usable cars, with nissan all i can think of is the GT-R (in its various forms) and the original fairlady, the Z350/370 are old and boring and im sure no-one at nissan HQ would like to be reminded of the GT-R-LM

Lambo-combo, i would expect it to feature the succesor to the aventador, as that car is very much due to be replaced, and the big V12 car is always the lambo flagship, the huracan, like it or not, is the big numbers model. License wise lambo is part of VAG, and has audi as a parent company, so should be easily done. Not sure what a second car would be though, lambo has no big racing heritage (some customer GT3 efforts though),  so maybe a miura or countach

That said, im not buying the prices, that would mean ~$0.05/piece on a licensed set... and the nissan inclusion doesnt make a whole lot of sense either, the "and maybe.." sentence also makes me suspect it is a wishlist (which would explain the GT-R and lambo, people have been wishlisting those for ages, getting both now seems a little convenient)

Lamborghini won 24h Daytona in 2018

Maybe they do Huracan GT3 for this winning

Edited by Legobrickbro

7 hours ago, Legobrickbro said:

Countach would be so cool

Lamborghini won 24h Daytona in 2018

Maybe they do Huracan GT3 for this winning

Lego does have a history of doing cars that have recently won big races with the Audi r8, Porsche 919 etc. 

12 hours ago, Legobrickbro said:

Anyone know when we’ll get the images ??

Depends when the sets come out. Most of the waves came out at March but last year’s came out in January. The images will be released in December if it’s a January release if not, then don’t expect images until next year.

On 8/18/2019 at 11:51 PM, 0Marty0 said:

So, do you guys think this "leaked" set list is real?

Ferrari Road Car - £12.99

Nissan GT-R Nismo - £12.99

1985 Audi Quattro S1 - £12.99

Lambo Twin Pack - £34.99

And maybe Jaguar formula E and/or L Pace SV Race Car

I feel like it has too many new brands and the price is too low for the nearly 300 piece count

My bet for the Ferrari is either the Enzo or the Stradale

The GT-R could be a GT3 Nismo or something 

As for the Lamborghini Twin pack, I think it would be something like Muira and Aventador on similar lines of what Lego did with the 250GTO and 488GTE in the Ultimate Ferrari Garage, the Ford GT set and the Porsche set. It is highly likely that it would be this way.

The Jags seems a new entry here, so maybe we will have i-Pace with certain Panasonic-Jaguar livery Formula E car or could be a pair of i-Pace in different liveries or even a pair of formula e cars. Since there is a certain brand homogeneity, it’s necessarily of the same team and livery.

Edited by ShresthSonkar

75912 Porsche 911 finish line set from 2015 have 551 pieces and new Lambo set have 565 pieces so I think we’ll get a something like podium 

I really hope Classic Lambo is the Countach. And if it is the countach it needs to be red...(so it can be Autobot Sideswipe!)

as for the modern one, i expect the Aventador, but they’re all fairly similar in style so in this scale I doubt it will matter much, unless it’s one of the more exaggerated designs like the Sesto Elemento.

I hope the Quattro can be converted to road car, I always like when they include that feature.

overall though, sounds like a great year for Speed Champions. I had hoped we’d get another Mini set, I’d love to get a £30 three pack of red, white and blue, but oh well.

On 8/18/2019 at 1:21 PM, 0Marty0 said:

So, do you guys think this "leaked" set list is real?

Ferrari Road Car - £12.99

Nissan GT-R Nismo - £12.99

1985 Audi Quattro S1 - £12.99

Lambo Twin Pack - £34.99

And maybe Jaguar formula E and/or L Pace SV Race Car

I feel like it has too many new brands and the price is too low for the nearly 300 piece count

Looks like a reliable leaker on Instagram has given it some further credence...

The Jaguar set could look pretty cool - i wonder what blue they will use and how they will achieve the flip flop on the formula E 

I-PACE-FORMULA-E.png

50 minutes ago, nahpets said:

The Jaguar set could look pretty cool - i wonder what blue they will use and how they will achieve the flip flop on the formula E 

I-PACE-FORMULA-E.png

Maybe this is the colour, source bricklink.

IMG_20190924_155212.png

Edited by carlo.fadel

Lamborghini Twin Pack certainly my most-wanted.

If they'd do a Lamborghini Diablo in Purple that'd be amazing.

Orange, Green or Yellow could work well for a Huracan/Murcielago/Aventador

I have no doubt in my mind that the Lambo Twin Pack will contain an Aventador of some sort. As for the other car, either a Countach or a Diablo. Personally, I want a Diablo.