Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Just now, pooda said:

My Hope's are that 60268 to 60274 are an airport, harbor, cargo terminal, post office and a food place mega set. 

I'd be thrilled if it was just one of those (Especially a harbor or PO)

3 minutes ago, Dominic said:

I'd be thrilled if it was just one of those (Especially a harbor or PO)

Or a grocery store with a criminal stealing food or something along the lines. 

5 minutes ago, pooda said:

@Dominic Maybe I was a little too harsh there. 

My Hope's are that 60268 to 60274 are an airport, harbor, cargo terminal, post office and a food place mega set

I'm more interested in LEGO planning this for town plan sets.

With the magnets, at least a set with a crane seems very possible. Could be anything from containers cargo truck/ship, to junkyard or construction/demolition.

Just now, pooda said:

Or a grocery store with a criminal stealing food or something along the lines. 

Sounds good to me

Just now, AMD said:

I'm more interested in LEGO planning this for town plan sets.

Any word on a people pack either?

Just now, TeriXeri said:

With the magnets, at least a set with a crane seems very possible. Could be anything from containers cargo truck/ship, to junkyard or construction/demolition.

Doesn't the winter wave construction set have a crane w/ a magnet?

Just now, Dominic said:

Doesn't the winter wave construction set have a crane w/ a magnet?

No, that's a 4+ set using just a simpler chain on a stud :sceptic:

60252-1.jpg?201911220857

3 minutes ago, Dominic said:

Any word on a people pack either?

Yeah, same with People pack.

I only like half of those none-police/firefighter sets, the other half are meh.

The Street Sweeper: Really nice, good use of those gear pieces while the brush pieces are being place on the side.

Mail Plane: pretty rare to see the post office, this is the 4th if I'm current. And I agree with Dominic that it feels vintage.

Monster Truck: Real smart use of those yellowish green pieces while Hidden Side is around to use them. But though it have a nice color scheme, something's missing that it feels meh to me.

Ice Cream Truck: This is a lot better than the Pizza Van, the color scheme really make the set shine, though I think replacing the bright light orange with dark pink improve it greatly. I really love the reused of Queen Watevra face piece.

Racing Boat Transporter: Don't have much to say about this. The boat is meh, the truck is pretty bad, that technic piece is really standing out badly.

Safari Off-Roader:  Amaze that I don't see at least one of the zebra printing used in Joker's Lowrider (70906) being reused. It's a pretty good looking set.

On 11/22/2019 at 7:19 AM, Dominic said:

Safari Off-Roader: Really nice, but I guess it means we're not getting a whole safari theme

Let us hope that this is either hinting or at least testing the water with safari.

I think we can all agree that this hospital was the best one ever made. 7892 and 60204 weren't horrible. But they just didn't attract me like this one. I plan to build an MOC hospital influenced from this set. 

71AkzI99LWL._SL1013_.jpg

To keep it on topic, if they were to make another hospital for this year, it should have a similar shape. Only with a bigger garage. 

24 minutes ago, pooda said:

I think we can all agree that this hospital was the best one ever made. 7892 and 60204 weren't horrible. But they just didn't attract me like this one. I plan to build an MOC hospital influenced from this set. 

[picture removed]

To keep it on topic, if they were to make another hospital for this year, it should have a similar shape. Only with a bigger garage. 

I respectfully disagree.  like 60204 better.  I think it's the best hospital ever made.  But I wouldn't assume that everyone else holds the same opinion I do.

To keep it on topic, they are making another hospital this year - it's in the Friends line.

I like all the hospitals but if they combined that one and 7892 then I think they would have had a winner. I love the design of the windows in 7892 and the helicopter isn't bigger than the building. Plus the Friends one coming ut next year looks nice, just $10-20 overpriced... like most sets in 2020.

10 minutes ago, icm said:
To keep it on topic, they are making another hospital this year - it's in the Friends line.

Indeed, if there's any pattern at all, it seems to be:

• 2017 Friends Hospital
  • 2018 City Hospital set + Ski Ambulance Helicopter set
  • 2019 City Ski Resort Rescue Base with Snow Mobile & 4x4 Ambulance
  • 2020 Friends Hospital
  • 2021 ??

Overall, I think medical theme is more represented lately.

Edited by TeriXeri

8 minutes ago, icm said:

I respectfully disagree.  like 60204 better.  I think it's the best hospital ever made.  But I wouldn't assume that everyone else holds the same opinion I do.

I'm ok with that. I'll say 60204 is the second best. It was close to being first because I loved the idea of it servicing every Medical issue (i.e. vision issues, surgery and even maternity). I have 60204. 

...and though its not really on topic since this is a City forum and not a Friends forum, thanks for the heads up. 

3 hours ago, pooda said:

I think we can all agree that this hospital was the best one ever made. 7892 and 60204 weren't horrible. But they just didn't attract me like this one. I plan to build an MOC hospital influenced from this set. 

I never knew you like 4429 more than 60204 which is by far one of the best hospital's ever made. 

Not all people like me agree with your opinion, but you have my respect.

Edited by AMD

On 11/23/2019 at 1:58 AM, TeriXeri said:

Yes, 4 of the Winter 2020 sets seem to be missing still :

60255 Stunt Team - 62 pieces

60256 Racing Cars - 190 pieces

60257 Service Station - 354 pieces

60258 Tuning Workshop - 897 pieces

Stunt team sounds like a quad or motorcross small set, or 4+ , team seems to suggest 2 vehicles

Racing Cars is called "duel" so must be 2 as well.

Images of 60255 to 60258 are found in this website

https://www.vandermeulen.com/en-gb/building-and-construction/lego/city/

2004323_010.jpg

2004328_010.jpg

2004333_010.jpg

2004335_010.jpg

Quite disappointed for the Service Station. The design is too simple.

Moreover, below are the 2020 City MF set and promos

30366 Police Car

30367 Police Helicopter

30368 Fire Rescue Water Scooter

30369 Beach Buggy

40372 Police Minifigure Accessory Set

Excellent, thanks for the pictures!  The race car twin pack looks great, the vehicles in the gas station are very good even if the gas station itself leaves much to be desired, and all the vehicles in the tuning shop are amazing.  The building itself is really good too.  This is the level of building we expect from City!  I'm actually quite impressed by how well they translated Speed Champions-type vehicles into City-appropriate builds in 60256.

19 minutes ago, icm said:

Excellent, thanks for the pictures!  The race car twin pack looks great, the vehicles in the gas station are very good even if the gas station itself leaves much to be desired, and all the vehicles in the tuning shop are amazing.  The building itself is really good too.  This is the level of building we expect from City!  I'm actually quite impressed by how well they translated Speed Champions-type vehicles into City-appropriate builds in 60256.

I agree that 60256 is somehow like a City version of the Speed Champions vehicles.

Thanks for the pictures :sweet:
I like the English bulldog with the doghouse that is a nice detail. Other than that I do not have much interest in vehicles so nothing here for me.

I will buy the safari set in addition to a lot of extra animals so a very useful city winter wave I would say :wink:

@whung Oh my bricks! I'm definitely picking those race cars up. The tuning shop impresses me as well - nice job putting Harl in that one, Lego! The stunt team too. 

The service station is kinda disappointing as I hoped that more would go into the building. But I can fix that. The 2016 one was a lot better though. 

Overall the car stuff is amazing. 9/10. 

Edited by pooda

1 hour ago, pooda said:

@whung Oh my bricks! I'm definitely picking those face cars up. The tuning shop impresses me as well - nice job putting Harl in that one, Lego! The stunt team too. 

The service station is kinda disappointing as I hoped that more would go into the building. But I can fix that. 

Overall the car stuff is amazing. 9/10. 

Tuning shop not only is impressive with selection of cool cars but its one of the important sets to finally get a Harl Hubbs minifigure instead of getting a 4+ set.

Edited by AMD

2 hours ago, whung said:

Images of 60255 to 60258 are found in this website

https://www.vandermeulen.com/en-gb/building-and-construction/lego/city/

2004323_010.jpg

2004328_010.jpg

2004333_010.jpg

2004335_010.jpg

Quite disappointed for the Service Station. The design is too simple.

Moreover, below are the 2020 City MF set and promos

30366 Police Car

30367 Police Helicopter

30368 Fire Rescue Water Scooter

30369 Beach Buggy

40372 Police Minifigure Accessory Set

Okay. All four of those sets look brilliant. Absololutely brilliant. Every vehicle looks so unique. Yup, i'll be getting all four of them!

1 hour ago, AMD said:

Tuning shop not only is impressive with selection of cool cars but its one of the important sets to finally get a Harl Hubbs minifigure instead of getting a 4+ set.

RIGHT? And that's what we were hoping for. 

Btw, I just realized I said face cars instead of race cars. Mistake corrected. 

Edited by pooda

Mind blown........just then saw that the cool workshop set is from the TV series ?

Why does that set look awesome and perfect while the other LCA sets look just good down to crappy ?

Well, I'm sold on all four auto sets.......they can join the donut shop set from this year.

Only disappointment is the the guy riding the motorcycle hasn't got a new torso befitting that cool new bike colour.

Also now we have an orange juice brand in Lego City........maybe a supermarket might not be far off especially of one is featured in LCA ?

Actually I dig the service station itself, yes simple but a lot are just a few pumps and a little shop to pay for your fuel so I like it reminds me of some of my older servo designs.