Zilmrud

CHALLENGE III: Category B: Reinforcing the walls of Zamorah

On 6/14/2019 at 9:48 PM, Exetrius said:

Zamorah is coming along very nicely, and strongly too! :wink: I don't think there's any feature that I like which has not already been mentioned above, so I'll just go with the stand-outs: the old tree, the (angled) scaffolding and the dragon hilts used as outlets (NPU!). Love the wall texture, too. Fantastic work and superb entry! :thumbup:

Thanks alot! I had in plan for some more trees but the area should have been to crowded. Maybe there will be some free builds with more vegetation and trees. 

I really love the hilts, so I think I bought to many :grin: So I thought they would be nice on buildings as ornaments and such. When tested to use them like outlets in this MOC a was pleased to see that they worked very well. 

On 6/18/2019 at 3:22 PM, Eoin Wallace said:

Wow that is very impressive!:sweet:

Thanks alot man!

What do I like the most? The ballista with an elven feel to it? The sheer height of the great wall? The minifigs with excellent part use and posings? Or that tree on the öeft with ist´s roots popping out of the moc?

I cant´t choose, such a great entry! Lovely work mate!!:wub:

1 hour ago, de Gothia said:

What do I like the most? The ballista with an elven feel to it? The sheer height of the great wall? The minifigs with excellent part use and posings? Or that tree on the öeft with ist´s roots popping out of the moc?

I cant´t choose, such a great entry! Lovely work mate!!:wub:

Thanks man! 

All your hard work really paid off! Magnificent model with a nice touch of fantasy styling that you've still made seem plausible :thumbup:

The unique setup with rock base is magnificent, and having built some floating rock islands for Isles of Aura, I remember having to use upside down slopes instead of inverted slopes myself :laugh:

Brilliant use of technic elements for the scaffolding. The giant ballista makes a great finishing touch for the defenses :dsweet:

Very impressive build !

This wall is big and its main frame is made from plates ! *huh*

I would never have the patience to have such a wall ! Bravo sir ! hats off !:thumbup:

An excellent job !

On 6/18/2019 at 3:22 PM, Eoin Wallace said:

Wow that is very impressive!:sweet:

Thank you! :classic::thumbup: