Versteinert

[MOC] Bud Spencer & Terence Hill with Puma dune buggy

It took a while from the beginning to finishing this moc. Various little things have delayed the "release", until now.

Three days ago the project has been approved at LEGO Ideas and I don't want to withhold it to you.

I had the idea at some point in the beginning/middle of 2017 and started planning on LDD, but soon got some problems that caused me to lay it down until the beginning of 2018. I think it was the release of the 1x1 plate round with rod 1l in the beginning of 2018 that let me resume the project and offered me the constructive possibilities to finish the buggy satisfactorily.

Time problems, other projects and last but not least my late decision to use individually printed parts for the project (thanks to Superbrickbrothers) led to further delays.

Originally, the whole project was meant to be only digital. I'm glad I changed my mind about that ;)

I hope you like it :)

To support the project at LEGO Ideas, please follow this link. Thanks a lot :)

47179137761_9f53208d98_c.jpgBud Spencer & Terence Hill with Puma dune buggy by Versteinert, auf Flickr

46455622864_57d1e3047c_c.jpgBud Spencer & Terence Hill with Puma dune buggy by Versteinert, auf Flickr

47127311002_ee60a8976f_c.jpgBud Spencer & Terence Hill with Puma dune buggy by Versteinert, auf Flickr

47127311732_8d5e9c6edb_c.jpgBud Spencer & Terence Hill with Puma dune buggy by Versteinert, auf Flickr

>I think, everybody knows these two cult movie actors and probably this cult car as well. So I don't have to introduce them any further.

You thought wrong. I've never heard of them and I doubt many Ideas viewers would have either. 

You may be right. Bud Spencer and Terence Hill are more a european thing. So either you are not from Europe or you are too young to know them ;)

But, unfortunately, I can't change the description at Lego Ideas anymore ;)

Bud Spencer and Terence Hill were two very famous action (comedy) and western movie actors in the 70s and 80s. Since they gained this cult factor, many of my generation (I'm born in 1980) watched the movies with their parents too. This way they also became cult in my generation. But if I nowadays ask some kids for example of the age 20, probably only very few would know them.

I like the design but yeah... too young to recognize these guys. I'm 90's kid :) Supported!

On 2/24/2019 at 10:43 AM, Versteinert said:

western movie actors

Spaghetti western we called it.
I loved these movies, especially the Bud Spencer goes mad scenes were absolute great.

Supported

Nice trip down memory lane ,I remember the "Trinity" westerns and "My Name is Nobody" (with Henry Fonda)...these two guys were fun..thanks for the build! 

love the movies and love the MOC, only problem you need BIGER Bud ;) Lego only have 1 size fits all minifigs;)

Thank you all.

On 3/5/2019 at 4:15 PM, Romanos said:

love the movies and love the MOC, only problem you need BIGER Bud ;) Lego only have 1 size fits all minifigs;)

Perhaps I'll try to build a bigger version with a backpack or something ;)

Unfortunately the body of Hagrid is too big ;)