1 hour ago, Mobieus69 said:

Another thing I've noticed with the latest parts update.  In LDD Extended mode, when I expand the modified plates category (the one represented by a 1x1 plate with clip), I get about half way down the list and the program crashes.  It doesn't crash in the normal mode and I'm able to see all parts in that section.

Just found the culprit that kept crashing the program.  Part no. 65886 (Plate 2x3 w. holder [2020-current]).  Apparently there was already an older version of this 2x3 plate/flag piece (part no. 30350) and it was causing some kind of conflict in the parts list in the menu.  I just removed the new one since the old one was working just fine (face was already decoratable from a previous update).

13 hours ago, Mobieus69 said:

Hello all.  I was wondering if Stephan might be able to answer a question for me.  I was attempting to install the most recent part update pack and noticed that I seem to be missing quite a few parts from a previous part release, development version 20220716, and didn't even realize it.  Until now I've been grabbing everything from the github directory, but certain parts seem to be missing from there.  For instance part 1126 (tile, round, 1x2 oval) is not in the primitives folder when I look through it after I've downloaded the entire thing from github.  Am I doing something wrong?  I'm downloading from the green box that says "Code" and then downloading zip.  I thought that was supposed to grab everything in the directory.  Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.  Also, I've tried the dropbox link and can't get it to download anything other than a corrupted rar file that won't extract.  There seems to be no option to individually download any of the sub-directories or individual files.

Just checked LDD on my end regarding the issues you posted, both 1126 and 65886 are present on my end and fully usable without any issues, while 30350 was previously causing “Group 216” to crash but has since been fixed. A newer LDD Update was released on October 26 to address a few recent bugs from the major Update on October 23 (linked below), perhaps you missed this post so try downloading this first to see if the issues have been fixed. Specifically, files for 65886 are included in this update while files for 1126 should be present if you install either the “Complete Update” on Dropbox or the “development” Branch on GitHub.

4 hours ago, suenkachun said:

Just checked LDD on my end regarding the issues you posted, both 1126 and 65886 are present on my end and fully usable without any issues, while 30350 was previously causing “Group 216” to crash but has since been fixed. A newer LDD Update was released on October 26 to address a few recent bugs from the major Update on October 23 (linked below), perhaps you missed this post so try downloading this first to see if the issues have been fixed. Specifically, files for 65886 are included in this update while files for 1126 should be present if you install either the “Complete Update” on Dropbox or the “development” Branch on GitHub.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong then.  When I download the zip from the development version on github and then open the zip file, I still don't see that 1126 file.  When looking through the primitives, it goes 1026, 1104, 1411, 1413, etc. in numerical order.  I'm supposed to be clicking the green button that says "Code" right and then choosing "download zip"?  When I try to use the dropbox method, I end up downloading a rar file that is either damaged or doesn't have anything in it.  When I try clicking "extract all" at the top of the dropbox window, I get the message "couldn't extract because the file is damaged."  I really feel like I'm missing something here, especially with dropbox.

59 minutes ago, Mobieus69 said:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong then.  When I download the zip from the development version on github and then open the zip file, I still don't see that 1126 file.  When looking through the primitives, it goes 1026, 1104, 1411, 1413, etc. in numerical order.  I'm supposed to be clicking the green button that says "Code" right and then choosing "download zip"?  When I try to use the dropbox method, I end up downloading a rar file that is either damaged or doesn't have anything in it.  When I try clicking "extract all" at the top of the dropbox window, I get the message "couldn't extract because the file is damaged."  I really feel like I'm missing something here, especially with dropbox.

Think I may have figured Github out.  The files I'm missing are in the "pre-release" directory.  Not sure why I never looked there.

12 hours ago, Mobieus69 said:

Think I may have figured Github out.  The files I'm missing are in the "pre-release" directory.  Not sure why I never looked there.

Oops, looks like I completely forgot that during past LDD Updates other than the most recent ones, the GitHub version everyone was asked to download used to be the “Pre-release” version not “Development”. This explains why some older Bricks may be missing on your end, but please remember to check whether you have also included not only the main  “XML” file of each Brick but all associated “.g” files too when manually adding back these Bricks to avoid crashes.

10 hours ago, suenkachun said:

Oops, looks like I completely forgot that during past LDD Updates other than the most recent ones, the GitHub version everyone was asked to download used to be the “Pre-release” version not “Development”. This explains why some older Bricks may be missing on your end, but please remember to check whether you have also included not only the main  “XML” file of each Brick but all associated “.g” files too when manually adding back these Bricks to avoid crashes.

Thanks!  I got it squared away.  Everything is up to date and ready to roll.  I now have all the little fern pieces for my Rivendell build.

This may have been addressed before, but I was wondering if anyone has tried to solve the "decorations on transparent parts not being solid" problem?

Okay, another question.  How do I get the new colors to show up in the paint tool chart in LDD Extended mode?  I've got no trans black, warm brown, transparent yellow opal, etc.  Basically all the new stuff that's been added since 2021.  I replaced the requisite xml files to the newest stuff.  Swapped out the MaterialNames folder, Materials.xml, CurrentMaterials.xml, and MaterialSelector.xml under the palettes/LDDExtended folder.  Am I missing something?

4 hours ago, Mobieus69 said:

Okay, another question.  How do I get the new colors to show up in the paint tool chart in LDD Extended mode?  I've got no trans black, warm brown, transparent yellow opal, etc.  Basically all the new stuff that's been added since 2021.  I replaced the requisite xml files to the newest stuff.  Swapped out the MaterialNames folder, Materials.xml, CurrentMaterials.xml, and MaterialSelector.xml under the palettes/LDDExtended folder.  Am I missing something?

Don’t keep the original LDDExtended.lif in LDD’s folders.  LDD reads all it can find, so it reads the original lif file and that overrides the content of the LDDExtended folder.

9 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

Don’t keep the original LDDExtended.lif in LDD’s folders.  LDD reads all it can find, so it reads the original lif file and that overrides the content of the LDDExtended folder.

Ah ha!  Thank you sir.  Now the question becomes, how to get the color palette to not go off the page?  There are so many colors that it runs off the screen and there's no scroll bar.

Just now, SylvainLS said:

Buy a bigger screen?

Lol... this may just be the last row and it looks cutoff for me.  Is the very last color in the last row metallic sand yellow?

No, there’s a line below, with Metallic Sand Blue, Phosph. Green, Phosphorescent White, Tr. Fluore. Redd. Orange, and Tr. Fluore. Blue.

I’d edit the file and remove the colours I don’t use.

2 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

No, there’s a line below, with Metallic Sand Blue, Phosph. Green, Phosphorescent White, Tr. Fluore. Redd. Orange, and Tr. Fluore. Blue.

Good to know.  I appreciate the assist.

Since a few LDD Updates ago, I have put together a comprehensive PDF Guide regarding LDD Decoration Sizes. The aim was quite simple: to help everyone design the most accurate Decoration PNG images of common regular Bricks for use in LDD, whether they are custom creations or official images to be submitted here for future LDD updates. Simply use the relevant details when designing Decorations for any listed Brick and they will fit onto the relevant Brick surfaces perfectly, with each new LDD Update being released I check all of the newly decoratable Bricks and expand the PDF Guide with more Bricks under existing categories and brand-new entries. After a whole week of studying the latest LDD Update and the various UV Mapping PNG Images in the “UV maps” folder, I have finally completed the new version of the PDF Guide which can be downloaded here (same link as before).

Other than six new Bricks, updated UV Mapping information for three Bricks and more accurate output information for five Bricks, the most important new addition is selected entries now supplied with UV Mappings created as Vector Images (SVG) for exact Pixel measurements and better curves. At the end of the Guide, the “Additional Tips” section has also been expanded to include more detailed information regarding how to create Ultra-high-definition Decorations for LDD via “Microsoft PowerPoint” and the free and open-source Vector Graphics editor “Inkscape”. Feel free to test out the different Decoration Sizes in the Guide and report back any errors, as I have for example struggled with the UV Mapping of Part 59349 Wall Element 1×6×5, Abs until finally finding a solution in the past few days (which is why the new version of the Guide was not published soon after the latest LDD Update was released). Thanks for stopping by and I hope this Guide will be useful for all.

Hello. 

You guys did a great job for keeping the LDD community alive. Anyways, can I request these parts to be added: 

61803 - Bionicle Armor / Head Support (Jetrax T6)     

25534 - Bionicle Armor Crystal Cluster

24191 - Bionicle Armor Uniter with 2 Pin Holes on Front, Axle and Pin Holes on Sides

60899 - Bionicle Av-Matoran Leg Section with Ball Joint and Ball Socket

57559 - Bionicle Barraki Carapar Chest Cover

57554 - Bionicle Barraki Mandible

20475 - Bionicle Chest Armor, Jagged Spiky

57546 - Bionicle Chest Armor, Jaller Mahri

50926 - Bionicle Chest Armor, Toa Hordika

53546 - Bionicle Chest Armor, Toa Inika - Type 1

53547 - Bionicle Chest Armor, Toa Inika - Type 2

43558 - Bionicle Chest Armor, Toa Nuva

19151 - Bionicle Digging Claw / Shovel

58230 - Bionicle Foot Barraki Kalmah

60901 - Bionicle Head Connector Block (Av-Matoran)

47312 - Bionicle Head Connector Block (Toa Metru)

47313 - Bionicle Head Connector Block Eye/Brain Stalk (Toa Metru)

47306 - Bionicle Hips / Lower Torso with 2 Ball Joint and 7 Tooth Half Gear

53548 - Bionicle Toa Inika Leg Lower Section

53544 - Bionicle Toa Inika Shoulder Armor

49423 - Bionicle Toa Metru Chest Cover

44033 - Bionicle Weapon Air Katana

60923 - Bionicle Weapon Air Saber (Toa Lewa)

44031 - Bionicle Weapon Aqua Axe

53587 - Bionicle Weapon Axonn Giant Axe Half

57570 - Bionicle Weapon Barraki Carapar Claw Half

60926 - Bionicle Weapon Blade Claw (Antroz)

60924 - Bionicle Weapon Blizzard Blade (Toa Kopaka)

61799 - Bionicle Weapon Mistika Bitil Longsword

61794 - Bionicle Weapon Mistika Nynrah Ghost Blaster Scope with Crosshairs (Toa Gali)

61796 - Bionicle Weapon Mistika Nynrah Ghost Blaster Shield (Toa Onua)

44817 - Bionicle Weapon Rahkshi Staff of Disintegration (Guurahk)

Edited by fakelhikan

ok, I've been trying to follow along but I'm pretty lost, so may I request some clarity on how to update to the latest LDD parts pack without LDD crashing? Preferably Step-by-Step....would probably help other people as well.

2 hours ago, ThorsHammer9999 said:

ok, I've been trying to follow along but I'm pretty lost, so may I request some clarity on how to update to the latest LDD parts pack without LDD crashing? Preferably Step-by-Step....would probably help other people as well.

You can try doing a “Clean Install” of LDD just follow the instructions in my earlier post linked below which is for Windows only. The previous culprit causing LDD to crash upon opening “Group 216” was Part 30350, which has since been fixed in the latest LDD Update on October 30.

P.S., I’ve also previously posted about the new perfect method to install LDD fully on Windows 10/11 which is linked below, if necessary do try this out too before doing the “Clean Install” which will definitely help eliminate more potential issues.

Just a heads up, the decoration surface for 30350 (Plate 2x3 w/ holder) is wonky and needs correction (My Apollo astronauts have a wonky flag at the moment, lol).  On a related note, I can't seem to get the new version of that part, 65886 to play nice.  I know that issue was supposed to have been corrected so going into that menu section and scrolling to that part didn't crash LDD, but it still does for me.  Not sure why.  I tried removing 30350 just to see if 65886 would work by itself (like maybe there was some sort of conflict between the two since they're different molds of the same part), and nope, still crashes.  The only way I can fix the problem is by removing 65886 entirely.

Also, can we no longer post links from Flickr?

Edited by Mobieus69

On 11/24/2023 at 7:47 AM, SylvainLS said:

I have the same problem with the color palette being too big for my laptop screen.  You say "edit the file" @SylvainLS which file are we talking about please?  If I want to remove the legacy colours for example.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, idlemarvel said:

I have the same problem with the color palette being too big for my laptop screen.  You say "edit the file" @SylvainLS which file are we talking about please?  If I want to remove the legacy colours for example.  Thanks!

Palettes/LDDExtended/MaterialSelector.xml

1 hour ago, SylvainLS said:

Palettes/LDDExtended/MaterialSelector.xml

Thanks @SylvainLS that sorted it.  I commented out the Legacy and more obscure "glitter" transparent colours and it now fits.