Sign in to follow this  

Sorry I've been silent for a while, but here is my simple concept of what I may complete for TC15.

The most interesting part for me is the type elevon controls, which as far as I know, am the first to make.

Simple video for now. Hope to finish the project soon.

4 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Interesting (genius) mechanism

Thanks. I am hoping other people can also use it in the future. Also @kodlovag is using a Elevons system, but his  will have some slack that I tried to reduce.

Really interesting mechanism.

When I saw (TC15) and Dart and mistakenly thought it was going to be the Sea Dart made by the same company, Convair. It's such an interesting aircraft that I'd build myself but I haven't the building skills.

For anyone not familiar with the Sea Dart you can see it in action here -

Convair Sea Dart

Edited by grum64
Punctuation

3 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Thanks. I am hoping other people can also use it in the future. Also @kodlovag is using a Elevons system, but his  will have some slack that I tried to reduce.

Hm, looks good. Moves definitely more, than my elevon system. I just completed my plane, and the slack is not that bad, but unfortunately the free movement of my control stick is limited by the tight cabin interior. While your system seems to be HoG type, my one is a pilot control. The more different solution, the better the competition!

4 hours ago, grum64 said:

Really interesting mechanism.

When I saw (TC15) and Dart and mistakenly thought it was going to be the Sea Dart made by the same company, Convair. It's such an interesting aircraft that I'd build myself but I haven't the building skills.

For anyone not familiar with the Sea Dart you can see it in action here -

Convair Sea Dart

I could try to model that plane a little more, it seems not so hard considering the current design.

2 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Not bad. I wonder if this mechanism could be compacted though. Seems a little superfluous...

Definitely could be compacted. I probably will make a way for a smaller control stick, or revert to making it a gear for each. Having a gear for each could help with making the body more flowing.

1 hour ago, kodlovag said:

Hm, looks good. Moves definitely more, than my elevon system. I just completed my plane, and the slack is not that bad, but unfortunately the free movement of my control stick is limited by the tight cabin interior. While your system seems to be HoG type, my one is a pilot control. The more different solution, the better the competition!

I do like how yours also can be perfectly aligned. mine is off a little up trim. Thank you all for suggestions.

36 minutes ago, aeh5040 said:

That's a wonderful joystick mechanism!  Never seem one quite like that before.

Thanks. As I wrote above, I will be kind of cleaning it up. Maybe even make a module so it can be reused.

Cool mecha...the little thing that hurts me is the fact your joystick is not really articulated on one point...

4 hours ago, aeh5040 said:

That's a wonderful joystick mechanism!  Never seem one quite like that before.

You  have seen this already :wink:

All helicopters on this contest have this concept based mechanism. A collective movement and an cyclic one

@Aventador2004 will you push your concept to intagrate a flap control too? This make a trim effect on both flaps and ailerons...challenge! 

6 hours ago, steph77 said:

Cool mecha...the little thing that hurts me is the fact your joystick is not really articulated on one point...

You  have seen this already :wink:

All helicopters on this contest have this concept based mechanism. A collective movement and an cyclic one

@Aventador2004 will you push your concept to intagrate a flap control too? This make a trim effect on both flaps and ailerons...challenge! 

This leads into a new idea. I want to attach the Delta system to a normal joystick with a standard plane. It would have the thrust vectors on delta, but the Ailerons and Elevator on standard controls. So kind of like a F22.

I had not really looked at the helicopter controls and I did create one system with a centered stick, but the Ailerons would have a lot of slack.

Modern delta planes use two extra ailerons. In French they are called 'canards.  They are located near the cockpit in front of the engine air intake. See euro fighter typhoon or French Rafale.  Maybe a goog add to your model?

6 hours ago, steph77 said:

Modern delta planes use two extra ailerons. In French they are called 'canards.  They are located near the cockpit in front of the engine air intake. See euro fighter typhoon or French Rafale.  Maybe a goog add to your model?

I know they use canards, however The are usually only elevators. The roll from the canard would spin The plane on a odd axis. The only difference is this concept was more like a mirage 2000 model. They used only the tail surfaces. 

Keeping the Delta in mind, I do think only the vectors will have the Delta setup. The rest of the plane will be standard wing.