Holodoc

Eurobricks event #15 Günzburg - information topic

Copmike and Peppy arrive at Stuttgart around noon so I expect to be in Günzburg around 2-3 o'clock p.m.

@MstrOfPppts and I plan to arrive around 17:00, depending on the traffic. According to Google it's 5,5 hours and we plan to start around noone. See you soon (it's time to pack and get some rest).

I will leave my friends place around noon and need about 2,5-3 hours 

19 hours ago, Skalldyr said:

So when are the first of you arriving tomorrow?

5 minutes before everyone xD

Is there photos to share? 

It was an excellent event, so big thanks to everyone who organised the trip. :sweet:

There are indeed photos to share. :innocent:

If just I had more time ...
(stay tuned) :wink:

Sorry, I won't be able to make it before Friday. :sadnew:
I'm on vacation from tomorrow on. :wink:

Still need more time to pick some extraordinary photos to show here, but for those whithout patience, here's the link to my Brickshelf folder.

Does anyone have a clue why I wasn't able to upload all pictures at once using a zip-file? :look:
I had to do it one by one... :hmpf_bad:

The folder is not yet public ... who uses brickshelf in the 21st. century?!

1 hour ago, MstrOfPppts said:

Still rocking the good ol’ Brickshelf. Uploading in hi-res 640x480 :laugh:

@Holodoc, Just a quick question about the contest photos. I took a couple of photos of my Skyline. Should someone make a post with all the contest pics (you took) in the Special LEGO Themes subforum, or should we each just make a new entry?

The Brickshelf folder is public! :excited: Looking through the pictures, we had fun. 

16 hours ago, MstrOfPppts said:

Obviously me. :tongue: If you have another picture upload possibility, please let me know.
I used to use Flickr in the past years, but I'm done with their 1000 images limitation. :hmpf_bad:
And I'm not going to pay 25$ per year to upload my photos to show them on the web. Call me old.

Who needs more resolution than 640x480? (If it's not a group shot which I uploaded in max. resolution btw.)
I know saving bandwith is sadly not common sense nowadays.
Still the photos give a nive impression what we did. If someone really needs bigger photos just drop me a note. :grin:(I don't expect too many requests...)

@Redhead1982

What I proposed on the event was, that someone opens a new topic and starts whith posting photos of the original of his/her entry and I'll add the photos of the sets. (I can edit every single post :wink:)
Apparently everyone is waiting for the starter's gun. :laugh:

8 minutes ago, Holodoc said:

What I proposed on the event was, that someone opens a new topic and starts whith posting photos of the original of his/her entry and I'll add the photos of the sets. (I can edit every single post :wink:)
Apparently everyone is waiting for the starter's gun. :laugh:

I will do this now then. Best I do it in the Special Lego Sub Forum, right?

Done! I only posted the general pics and not the individual ones. I would say it would be nice if everyone can post their own little presentation in the new topic. That way we can also have a little information - that most of us already had prepared anyway (the ones without could just write a few words) - and not only the pictures.

Btw: Great pictures Holodoc! I love the escalator one :laugh: (Should we not do a picture topic in the Event forum rather then posting them here? Then we can all post our pictures there and it is all nice in one place?)

6 minutes ago, Skalldyr said:

Btw: Great pictures Holodoc! I love the escalator one :laugh: (Should we not do a picture topic in the Event forum rather then posting them here? Then we can all post our pictures there and it is all nice in one place?)

Done. :wink:

Doc, check Bricksafe. You can upload hires and link smaller versions.

26 minutes ago, Jim said:

Doc, check Bricksafe. You can upload hires and link smaller versions.

Thanks for the info! :thumbup:

Registered.
The first page I found was this incredible LDD database. :oh:

If you do not like flickr for the limitations, then I would also be wary of bricksafe. The people behind that site have recently added restrictions to another LEGO site of theirs to push paid plans. 

I'll add my original photo tonight. I only have one with the actual skyline and original buildings ready, and I'll prepare one with only originals. But can't do this at work.:blush:

So, I added a picture with the descriptions and original landmarks of my town. Who's next?:grin:

12 hours ago, Redhead1982 said:

So, I added a picture with the descriptions and original landmarks of my town. Who's next?:grin:

I think you should also add the too pictures with the black background that Holodoc has in its Brickshelf folder :wink:

13 hours ago, Skalldyr said:

I think you should also add the too pictures with the black background that Holodoc has in its Brickshelf folder :wink:

I think that's what Holodoc volunteered for. He did it already. (thanks, @Holodoc)

On 5/1/2019 at 11:23 PM, Redhead1982 said:

I think that's what Holodoc volunteered for. He did it already. (thanks, @Holodoc)

:sweet: