Sign in to follow this  
letsbuild

[TC15] How Aircraft Work

Time for TC15!

I had to build a working aircraft for a cadet demonstration anyways, so I'm glad this contest has come about. 

My goal for the aircraft is to have working control surfaces that are also colour coded.

TC15 wip

Maybe something like a glider will work.

TC15 wip

Currently I have ailerons and flaps.

TC15 wip

The ailerons are the mechanism in red.

TC15 wip

The flaps are the mechanism in white. The damper is used to keep the flaps at any position given.

That's all for now, I'll keep y'all posted.

Honestly I'm not a big fan of color vomit or rainbow colors on model (perhaps because it irritates my eyes), but otherwise it is a good start.

5 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Honestly I'm not a big fan of color vomit or rainbow colors on model (perhaps because it irritates my eyes), but otherwise it is a good start.

I'm not a fan of colour vomit either.  However, in this build the colour has a specific purpose and will be required to make it the educational tool that it is intended to be.

This seems to be very specific entry, and for me very interesting, and You can see by @I_Igor comment, what is mostly expected in contest (look no so much functions) :)

You will most probably get some points from me, if the functionality will be as promised.

9 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

Nice idea with the colorcoding. Good start, best of luck!

Thanks!

8 hours ago, I_Igor said:

3 hours ago, Boulderer said:

I'm not a fan of colour vomit either.  However, in this build the colour has a specific purpose and will be required to make it the educational tool that it is intended to be.

Colour will be used to help the students notice how different surfaces are usually controlled. I might change the way the mechanisms are controlled to make it more realistic.

2 hours ago, Jurss said:

This seems to be very specific entry, and for me very interesting, and You can see by @I_Igor comment, what is mostly expected in contest (look no so much functions) :)

You will most probably get some points from me, if the functionality will be as promised.

I'm okay with losing some supporters because it's not so good-looking, though I am glad to hear I'll have someone's support!

Interesting idea, I actually quite like it myself... Is there any airplane in particular you're going to base it off, or are you just going to make it up as you go?