Just now, peedeejay said:

It looks good, but I am far away from being amazed. Always good to have a new wave of dark orange coming though. For me the best part is that sand blue windows are now available in all sizes (or did I miss that they already were?).

I personally like your designs better.

Will you moc this set if you get it? improve it to match your design style perhaps?  (Looking for inspiration)

Just now, Blondie-Wan said:

Lacks details? How?

The facade of the upper floors lacks details in my opinion. Especially if you compare it with PR, AS, BB, DO, etc. It just feels too simple and the colours make it look flat. PR, AS and DD had some very new, complicated facade details, which I find hard to find in this set. 

I like the ground floor, though, and it's more detailed. The upper floors however are very small and the gas pump seems to take a lot of space. 

Just now, primocucu said:

This pics show a different look of the building, maybe even better than the official ones: 

http://valbrick.com/2018/12/03/anunciado-el-nuevo-modular-10264-corner-garage/

Nice catch.

the colors look better in these images for being beside the Diner's bright colors.

Sometimes this happens though where press images get released in the wrong color format.  It's now hard to tell which is the true color after seeing this one as the Sand Blue matches more accurately on these instead of the official Lego site ones.

51 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It's the exact same. I think the Creator line cant introduce pieces in new colors

Really? That’s so strange.

This fits the modulars better than Downton Diner, which I didn´t buy because it doesn´t work well with the other modulars and just looks to... American.

I like the look of the floors. Not quite certain of the garage part, but I like the shout-out to Octan :P. Yeah, I can see me buying this.

Just now, J4ck said:

Really? That’s so strange.

What are you smoking?? your signature is ridiculous.

Edited by ncx

Quick question: isn't Lego at fault to have different prices for the European land? I thought with the anti-geoblocking law that was prohibited?

7 minutes ago, chezzymann said:

And this is $200. Town hall was $200. Town hall also had 2700 pieces and was much larger. Even when adjusting for inflation for the past 6 years, town hall is only $20 more ($220 in 2018).  They're increasing the price and not providing any more value because they know people will still buy it. 

Far to many folk seem to forget that there is a little thing called 'inflation' at work here.

To all those moaning about the price I ask, would YOU be happy to have NO PAY RISE for 7 years (or whatever it is since the town hall was released)?

Its a basic fact that as time passes everything gets more expensive because everybody wants a little bit more. From workers who want inflation + x% pay rises, to suppliers (of plastic pellets say) who want inflation + x% from their customers, to Government departments who want a bit more cash inflation means you have to pay more and get less over time.

Beware the politician or cooperation who claims they can get you the same quality / service yet charge the same / less every year - they are talking out their big behind. Unfortunately most voters are too thick to see through it - hence why a lot of fairly important social services are under strain these days.

Lego are only doing what  every other business on the planet has to do to survive and keep its shareholders / owners / staff happy. True the company does have a loyal fanbase - but that isn't enough to keep them in business in the long term, they do need to ensure the price they charge reflects current costs - not what they might have been 10 years ago. Thus the price they are changing for this modular is not excessive once you factor in the wider economic / fiscal picture.

Personally I'm not sold on this set yet - but thats more because the real world photos I have seen of this type of garage usually have a white rendered art deco building above them. While I can see that going down that line would make the end result look similar to the DD (i.e. to modulars with lots of White), I'm not sure the colours they have used 'work' so to speak and that the image of the fake modular garage doing the rounds a while ago looked better.

Just now, Fabulandlover said:

This fits the modulars better than Downton Diner, which I didn´t buy because it doesn´t work well with the other modulars and just looks to... American.

I like the look of the floors. Not quite certain of the garage part, but I like the shout-out to Octan :P. Yeah, I can see me buying this.

the Garage is American...  

and going by the gas pump mostly, this pretty much confirms that the modulars for the next few years are going to be American style

and also the Diner was based on Art Deco styling which is European inspired, so it's not really a good excuse.

3 minutes ago, ncx said:

I think it's more just plain old Creator style. :laugh: Compared to every previous modular we've had, this one is the most blasé and simple IMO.

3 minutes ago, ncx said:

and going by the gas pump mostly, this pretty much confirms that the modulars for the next few years are going to be American style

Hope not. :oh:

Regarding the price, it's gone up in all three markets, which makes me think they've finally adjusted the modulars for inflation - they've been around the same price (certainly in the UK) since Grand Emporium back in 2010.

In fact, Downtown Diner is cheaper in the UK than Grand Emporium was, despite having 300 more pieces, which makes me think they've kept the prices artificially low for a few years now.

10 minutes ago, Fabulandlover said:

Quick question: isn't Lego at fault to have different prices for the European land? I thought with the anti-geoblocking law that was prohibited?

You a rather forgetting that there is no such country as 'Europe' - the nation states are still nation states and the standard of living, local taxes etc vary massively.

The EU has banned 'price fixing' within nation states - but that does not mandate that traders / manufactures have to charge the same price across the EU.

Lego are therefore free to charge what they want in each nation - but equally under the '4 freedoms' at the heart of EU law, Lego are forbidden to refuse to let a German buy a set in Poland and get it shipped to their address in Germany to take advantage of lower prices

Edited by Phil-B259

Just now, Paperballpark said:

Regarding the price, it's gone up in all three markets, which makes me think they've finally adjusted the modulars for inflation - they've been around the same price (certainly in the UK) since Grand Emporium back in 2010.

In fact, Downtown Diner is cheaper in the UK than Grand Emporium was, despite having 300 more pieces, which makes me think they've kept the prices artificially low for a few years now.

That's an interesting note:  We kept seeing the price go up each year here in the US.

In fact, it was $149.99 USD for GE
$159.99 for DO
$169.99 for DD
$200 for CG

22 minutes ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Lacks details? How?

The outside facade is pretty bland and the first floors details are far worse than brick bank, detectives office, or parisian restaurant. 

Edited by chezzymann

Okay, this one does have a lot going for it; but, like many here, my very first impressions unfortunately were ones of lackluster. :sceptic:

Honestly though, I think we all must of been expecting something much more radical after last year's shell shock from seeing the Downtown Diner. This build in particular I find to be a little dichotomized, as I love how both the first floor and the upper floors turned out; but together, they seem to clash somewhat. I mean, wouldn't it have better if the first floor gas station/garage were instead a smaller, single story stand-alone set? 

Okay, anyway, for not being one to dwell too much on the negatives, I do love the color choices for both the first floor gas station and the upper floors (separate from each other, that is). Same goes for the tow truck too, in both its construction and color scheme. As for figures, is the moped driver's torso new? :shrug_confused:

Oh, and last but not least, PARTS! No one here has shared this here yet: New Elementary - LEGO® CREATOR EXPERT 10264 CORNER GARAGE: THE NEW PARTS

2560x1440-white-solid-color-background.jpg

I like the colors, although the facade look a bit flat. 

A small plus to the fish tank in the waiting room at the vet, makes me think of the dentist in finding Nemo. :classic:

23 minutes ago, ncx said:

I personally like your designs better.

Will you moc this set if you get it? improve it to match your design style perhaps?  (Looking for inspiration)

Thanks!

I don't MOC or MOD existing modulars and just keep them as they were. But I think I will make use of those sand blue windows. ;-)

Just now, ncx said:

That's an interesting note:  We kept seeing the price go up each year here in the US.

In fact, it was $149.99 USD for GE
$159.99 for DO
$169.99 for DD
$200 for CG

In the UK:

2010 GE £132.99
2011 PS £119.99
2012 TH £149.99
2013 PC £129.99
2014 PR £142.99
2015 DO £142.99
2016 BB £129.99
2017 AS £179.99
2018 DD £129.99
2019 CG £159.99

To me, the last three years feel like outliers, priced quite a bit lower than they should really have been. If you take the PR and DO as the 'real' price of them, back in 2014/15, then another £17 in four years seems about right.

9 minutes ago, ncx said:

and also the Diner was based on Art Deco styling which is European inspired, so it's not really a good excuse.

Sorry - but the 'Gas Pumps' are not exclusively 'American'

Quite a lot of similar pumps got installed in the UK during the 1930s and the odd one or two even survived to be 'listed' (meaning they can't be torn down)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/6492558/Oldest-working-petrol-pumps-in-country-found.html

This website seems to sell some examples:- http://www.petroliana.co.uk/List.asp?type=Category&string=Petrol+Pump

and http://www.roofingreclamation.co.uk/vintage-petrol-pumps/4588421577

Starting to grow on me if I'm honest. looking at it from the second angle definitely helps. Will for sure be getting it now that I've had time to think about it.

I'm not really feeling this set. I like the color scheme but there is so much "empty" space where the gas pump is that could have been used. I guess I am not super disappointed I don't like this set, I really don't have any room for any more modulars. This and the Diner are misses for me.:sceptic:

This looks like a juniorized version of the other Cafe Corner series sets.  Agree with the comments above that this doesn't feel like a "Creator Expert" set. More like a regular Town set. 

Kinda meh.  Probably even less appealing than the Town Hall set from a few years back.