Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

[MMC] Merrynight Mini-Challenge 2018

Merrynight Mini-Challenge

With another year coming to its end, minifigs near and far prepare for the celebration of Merrynight. Most of them have their very personal ways to these festivities, depending on their character, past experiences and traditions known to them.

Tell a story about at least one of your characters celebrating Merrynight, and illustrate it with a build!

Tell about your characters motivation and/or history to celebrate just the way it does. The build can be located anywhere in the Brick Seas - you are not restricted to land-based properties licensable for the EGS. The celebrations could be held in the Old World, on a ship, or on the beach of a currently uninhabited island!

Feel free to interpret this in creative ways. In case of any questions, either ask in this thread or PM me directly.

This mini-challenge will run from the 1st of December 2018 to the 6th of January 2019. If it is still the 6th anywhere on the world, you can still post a valid entry.

Apart from that the following applies:

Rules

1. Each player can submit one entry.
  2. Your entry should consist of a build of at least 16x16 studs in size, and a story alongside it.
  3. There is no upper limit in build size or story length - "quality over quantity" is encouraged though.
  4. Digital builds can be used.
  5. Winners will be determined by public vote after the 10th of January 2019; each registered BotBS player has one vote.
  6. Judging criteria are: quality and creativity of the MOC as well as the quality of writing and creativity in the story alongside it.
  7. Drunknok does not participate in the mini-challenge or the votes.
  8. Point #7 does not apply in case a vote is tied. In this case, Drunknoks choice acts as tie-breaker.

All rules questions or disputes are decided by Drunknok.

Prizes

1. The first place receives the right to ask for a medium sized land property of their choice (other than forts) built by Drunknok during 2019. This means: the winner comes up with an idea, Drunknok builds it based on the input from the winner. This build can then be licensed by the winner, but Drunknok pays an amount of DB equal to the license fee to the winner.
  2. The second place is worth 100DB.
  3. The third place is worth 50DB.

Post your entry in a seperate thread, preferably with a [MMC] tag in the thread title. Then post a link to this thread here. The voting will be done by poll in a seperate thread. over the course of the last three weeks of January.

With first week of December almost over, I hope there are some entries in the works already. Looking forward to what you all come up with!

If you want to show the Myzec people on Cascadia celebrating Merrynight: why not also enter your build in the "Daily Life in Myzectlan" by @Ayrlego? Assuming your build fits both themes - i.e. everyday life of the Myzec as well as Merrynight celebrations - you are free to use your build in both!

Boxing Day Hunts are still a thing in the UK, and I had wanted to showcase the Guermain Hunt for a while. This seemed like a good opportunity.

Sorry, I had completely missed this challenge! I'll try to build something nice before the deadline :grin:

2 minutes ago, Keymonus said:

Sorry, I had completely missed this challenge! I'll try to build something nice before the deadline :grin:

I have not been that strict with deadlines in he past, and I will not start with it now. If you need a few more days: just send me a PM before the 8th.

Looking forward for what you come up with! :thumbup:

Ha, a second third entry! Nice. :thumbup:

Everybody: you have some hours left to either post your entry, or send me a PM asking for an extended deadline.

Edited by Drunknok
Counting...