Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[Cor Nov FB2] Wainwright, Jameston

As the city of Jameston continues to grow, the demand for skilled artisans also continues to grow. The increase in roads and paths in and around the settlement have meant that more and more horse drawn carts and wagons are appearing. A master Wainwright has set up business to construct and repair these carts and wagons.

45280939144_0f92ed9559_c.jpg

I 'colonial-ised/Jameston-ised' a version of a wainwright I built for GoH for BoBS. Now I think I may like this version better... but am not sure! Here's the link to the medieval version; 

To be licensed as an artisan in Jameston.

Very nice build @Ayrlego, and I really like this version more than the medieval one. The black tile roof looks a lot better in my opinion. As usual, your builds show incredible skill and realism. I think my only criticism is the horse you used. I always thought that that model of horse had weird looking eyes, and I think it would have looked better if you used one of the articulated 'Lone Ranger' ones. That's just my opinion, however, and overall love the build. 

This is a fantastic build, I really like the contrast between the studs-up texture of the tudor section and the studs-out texture of the stone first floor.  Great job on the dirt pathway too, it looks very right for this build!  I also think the green around the building looks great, for some reason I don't think we see that color green used like this too often!  The part of the building sticking out with three windows is super well done, although I would have left the black tile overlapping the others on the roof at an angle, brown, like it was in other build.  But I agree that the palm trees are great, they give the building a sense of context and a contrasting color that helps it pop!