Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars RPG - Game Development

21 hours ago, KotZ said:

@Waterbrick Down I love it. Although I'm slightly confused by the Equipment idea. Is that just an add on to a weapon/armor/etc, or is it a completely seperate thing?

Weapons and Armor are types of equipment along with tools. I'll lay it out better in the next revision.

6 hours ago, Goliath said:

It looks great!  It could use a few adjustments though.  I think you meant that enemies drop Credits, not Gold. ?

Are there going to be more Status Conditions like Corroding and Frozen?  Corroded can degrade armor for a few turns.  Frozen could be like a longer version of Stunned.

Also wondering what will be the difference between Kinetic, Energy, and Elemental Weapons?  What exactly sets them apart?

Noted. There's plenty of room for more status conditions, the ones listed are the basics for starting off and figuring out balance. The only difference in weapons is the type of damage they do. You'll find melee, short range, long range, and artillery for all types.

6 hours ago, KotZ said:

Instead of all the elements like we had in H1, there's really only three types of weapons/armor. And specific types can only damage specific resistances. So instead of players having singular loadouts and god-tier individual weapons, they are now having to carry multiple items to destroy enemies.

Exactly since there's only one armor slot (for right now) we shouldn't have to worry about untouchable characters, since a character's armor will only be good against one type of damage. Like wise, characters will need to carry around different weapons based upon the range they like fighting at as well as for dealing with certain types of armors.

Getting close folks. Pre-gens for test quest:

48966318642_892829535f_t.jpg Igaz
300 Cycle, Male Undead
Vitality: 7/7
Strength: 2
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Intimidation 1, Melee Weapons 2, Short Range Weapons 1
Credits: 10
Equipment: Standard Vibrolance (+1, Melee Kinetic Weapon), Standard Plate Armor (+1 Kinetic Armor)
Inventory: Shield Booster

48966318447_4c60c925d5_t.jpg Thenari
500 cycle old, Female Elf
Vitality: 5/5
Strength: 1
Skill: 3
Smarts: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 3, Survival 1, Perception 1, Athletics 1
Equipment: Standard Beam Blade (+2, Melee Energy Weapon), Standard Parka (+1, Elemental Armor)
Inventory:

48966139361_407b291de0_t.jpg Kleeck
35 cycle old, male Ornithun
Skill: 2
Smarts: 2
Proficiencies: Persuasion 2, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Insight 2, Deception 1
Credits: 60
Equipment: Standard Plasma Blaster (+1, Short Range Energy Weapon), Translator Cube
Inventory:

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson)
60 cycle old, Male Quo’ri
Vitality: 6/6
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 2
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Medicine 1, Religion 2
Equipment: Standard Void Star Hammer (+1, Melee Elemental Weapon)
Inventory: Nanite Filter, Plasma Potion

48966319372_7ee12c7261_t.jpg Dunola
125 cycle old, Female Dwarf
Skill: 1
Spirit: 3
Proficiencies: Arcana 3, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Engineering 1
Equipment: Standard Flame Thrower (+1, Short Range Elemental Weapon), Holo-Scroll
Inventory: Energy Cell

48965593428_dae0c08922_t.jpg Anton
52 cycle old, Male Human
Skill: 3
Proficiencies: Stealth 1, Slight of Hand 1, Melee Weapons 2, Long Range Weapons 2
Equipment: Standard Plasma Rifle (+1, Long Range Energy Weapon), Cloaking Generator
Inventory: Hacking Chip, Standard Nano-razor (+1, Melee Kinetic Weapon)

Group Shot

48966319147_5bee822d70_z.jpg

56 minutes ago, Faladrin said:

Great group of characters !

I love Kleeck the ornithun ! Excellent idea to use the ostrich head ! :thumbup:

I had no idea the ostrich head could fit on minifigure torsos.

5 hours ago, KotZ said:

I had no idea the ostrich head could fit on minifigure torsos.

It shouldn't, I figured it would fit on a mini doll figure. But @Waterbrick Down Should be able to tell everyone what is going on with the character. 

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

Some figbarf...

img_3523.jpg

It that a new Star Wars Droid character being used on this guy's head? 

12 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

It that a new Star Wars Droid character being used on this guy's head? 

Yup. D-0 (or however it's spelled) on a First Order stromtrooper body, torso and legs. Could fit as a droid/automata character,

3 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

It is a slight modification to the torso. :blush:

That's absolutely barbaric.

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

Yup. D-0 (or however it's spelled) on a First Order stromtrooper body, torso and legs. Could fit as a droid/automata character,

When you've got a dozen of them possibilities are endless. :devil::laugh:

On 10/27/2019 at 9:43 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

My lord, is that... leeeegal?

On 10/28/2019 at 3:56 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

It is a slight modification to the torso. :blush:

I was sure of it !

On 10/28/2019 at 4:02 AM, KotZ said:

Indeed...

On 10/28/2019 at 5:43 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

:devil:

I will never do it but I understand the process ! Good idea ! good job !

On 10/29/2019 at 2:22 AM, KotZ said:

My lord, is that... leeeegal?

I guess he made it legal... 

On 10/27/2019 at 2:04 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

Getting close folks. Pre-gens for test quest:

Do you have something in mind with these characters like a test quest? 

I don't know if it will make any difference, but I did mention a possible reboot to my brother. (As of right now I haven't heard anything about any interest to join in the possible game. But he was asking me about this new "Wooden Lego Minifigure" so he might be more interested in checking that out right now.) 

23 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Do you have something in mind with these characters like a test quest? 

I've got a quest prepping, however there's been a slight change to my plans. I just bought a house and everything's getting packed away for the next 2ish months. I've got all the NPC's created and ready to photograph, just not the scenes. How interested are folks in trying the system out without scenery pictures?

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

I've got a quest prepping, however there's been a slight change to my plans. I just bought a house and everything's getting packed away for the next 2ish months. I've got all the NPC's created and ready to photograph, just not the scenes. How interested are folks in trying the system out without scenery pictures?

I personally do not mind if there are no pictures to go with the quest so long as there are tons of details and descriptions.  Plus it would only be temporary for the test quest, correct?

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Sure. Gives me time to get my pitch ready as well. :thumbup:

I'm good with whatever. Also gives me more time for a pitch as well.

14 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

No problem for me. Do it at your rythm. I am always ready to help when you want. :thumbup:

16 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

I guess you need guinea pigs more than anything else. Since it is just a testing system I don't really need pictures anyways (probably :def_shrug:). 

13 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Sure. Gives me time to get my pitch ready as well. :thumbup:

10 hours ago, KotZ said:

I'm good with whatever. Also gives me more time for a pitch as well.

Ok, now I am wondering what you two have in mind. 

Getting close folks. Test Quest Pitch, feel free to quote this post if interested in testing, also feel free to post a potential character if you are not interested in a pre-generated character.

Mission Title: Mercenaries on the Boreal Express

Patron: Leopold Irgonstead Middle Management at Octan Energy Corporation

Assignment: A new source of energy is being smuggled by M’tronics Energy Conglomerate on the gas giant planet of Vison. The item is being transported on the Boreal Express hover train from capital city Parous to the refinery center of Con’stap. Sources claim M’tronics agents destroyed a moon to obtain it. Passage upon the train will be paid for by Octan Energy Corp.

Reward: Pay is 150 credits each and a word in with Octan Energy Corp. Bring back the source itself and the pay will boost to 300 credits each.

Team Requirements: 6 Agents

Latest Rules Revision (credit to Khorn for the templates)

49022636752_b44aebf7b4_o.png 49022434231_1d448de20e_o.png 49021911858_b974d47aed_o.png 49021911768_85c5af8442_o.png 49021911648_874671265e_o.png 49021911528_c4693c0172_o.png 49022636072_4a6cb34fdb_o.png49021911353_68948e1c50_o.png  49021911188_66b9f8d8d5_o.png

9 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Getting close folks. Test Quest Pitch, feel free to quote this post if interested in testing, also feel free to post a potential character if you are not interested in a pre-generated character.

Assignment: A new source of energy is being smuggled by M’tronics Energy Conglomerate on the gas giant planet of Vison. The item is being transported on the Boreal Express hover train from capital city Parous to the refinery center of Con’stap. Sources claim M’tronics agents destroyed a moon to obtain it. Passage upon the train will be paid for by Octan Energy Corp.

Reward: Pay is 150 credits each and a word in with Octan Energy Corp. Bring back the source itself and the pay will boost to 300 credits each.

I'm in! Looks good, noticed a few typos though. I love the patron name.

23 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

If I could use this guy, I would appreciate it but I am flexible to using one of the premade guys. 

super-battle-droid-square.png 

Tester-Two (samurai-turtle) 

One Cycle, Genderless, War Bot {robotic} 

Vitality: 6/6  

Skill: 1 

Proficiencies: Technology 1,  Long Range Weapons 1, Piloting 1, 

Equipment: Standard Arm Cannon (+1, Long Range Energy Weapon), Standard Metallic Exoskeleton (+1 Kinetic Armor) 

Inventory: Shield Booster 

I am still confused by this point system you are using @Waterbrick Down. If I am calculating things right the above character used nine points and I have one left over for something. 

I do have an idea for the battle grid, maybe label it like Battleship example A2 attacks C3. 

This is more of a story idea I had for some time. Since it seems the game is heading into space the name/theme for Blacktron goes by the name Battle Electronics. What I have in mind for "Battle Electronics" is a Weapons Dealer selling stuff to anyone and everybody, or Sell to both sides of a conflict. I guess what Destro (from G.I. Joe) the owner of Mars Industry would be doing, like from the first live action movie. Plus, the enemies of "Battle Electronics" might give them the nickname "Blacktron" in an attempt to insult them. 

8 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

I do have an idea for the battle grid, maybe label it like Battleship example A2 attacks C3.

Labeling it like this would be super helpful, especially when GMs have massive fights.

As a slight side note/joke for story, can we make it where Galidor is automatically evil?:laugh:

On 11/6/2019 at 1:08 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

I'm down to test! I'm fine with any characters that are already cooked up. Preference to Igaz, seeing as he is cyber-Sorrow. :tongue:

Edited by Endgame

Sure, I'm in. If we want to use the test characters, I'll take whoever, but I've got preference for Dunola. :thumbup: