Sign in to follow this  
Ngoc Nguyen

42095 Remote Control Stunt Racer

On 11/20/2018 at 3:47 PM, Zerobricks said:

I expect a large tracked machinery with new pneumatic valves for H2. That would explain the bigger sprocket gears.

sounds good, I hope you are right

The question: 42095 uses 2 L motors, so it also should contain IR receiver V2, which is better for L motors, am I right?

Just now, keymaker said:

The question: 42095 uses 2 L motors, so it also should contain IR receiver V2, which is better for L motors, am I right?

As I remember, the issue was for two L motors connected to the single receiver output, so now for 1-1 connection there is no needing for v2.

Pity, I wish to get V2 when buying 42095. I have heard that this set is already available in Tesco in Poland ~350 PLN, (the same goes to 42093 for ~180 PLN) but I didn't have a chance to check this.

I hate to be the bad guy. Sorry for that. :look: 

But, why on earth does Lego keep on hanging onto this infrared crap? Take a look at Cada, their models use 2,4GHZ RC. Why does Lego not? It´s 2018 now, not 1978 anymore.

Aside from that, this model looks like it may be big fun to play with. There for i gladly give a :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Steinbeisserheld said:

Ok, but bluetooth isn´t really RC, isn´t it?

It is, partly but is as a good compromise between the range and integration: they both allows a way better control on up to 60meters distance, that is more than enough for fragile and expenses stuff, but Bluetooth is way better in terms of multi-sources and multi-receivers combinations, as it's a good and secure protocol that can be used with seems to every mobile device. 2.4Ghz radio is unfortunately so unique to be used with mobile devises and programmable software. LEGO is not for "just RC-ing" (and they never pretended to be them - remember "no outdoor use!" signs) but much more and the coming PowerUp will show it.

Ok, i always thougt BT would work only in short distance. To be honest: No one is happy with a Lego car (MoC or Set) rollign slowly on the carpet. You want it to be fast, and drive it outside in the yard, drifting and wheels spinning. :laugh: 

Yeah, i know, the Lego Motors aren´t fast,...