Construction robot (CoRob) is a universal machine created to relieve humans of all hard and dangerous construction work. CoRob combines flexibility of humanoid body and efficiency of modern machinery. CoRob is equipped with adaptable multi-purpose limbs and thus can assume functions of both human workers and a wide range of construction machines.

More specifically, the legs of the robot can switch between walking and driving modes, the latter of which greatly simplifies transportation between construction sites. The first two arms are designed for precision work while the other two are reinforced telescopic arms suitable for digging, lifting and loading all sorts of materials and cargo. Foldable outriggers provide additional stability when dealing with heavy weights and rough terrain.

As expected from an autonomous machine, CoRob is equipped with various onboard navigational sensors as well as a detachable quadcopter drone which can provide a superior overview of the working area.

Last but not least, CoRob is always happy with his job and has no plans to rebel.

45841365722_9e774e50d1_c.jpg

30951926037_e126b694ed_c.jpg

PS Should you ever see this creepy smiling face - just run away!

Edited by sheo

Dang, this thing is epic!

The face reminds me of Robin, an annoying little robot from a Dutch tv-series for kids:laugh: (it's called Bassie&Adriaan, if you're interested...).

Wonderful, absolutely amazing! :wub: I love all the funny details, like the hammer and screwdriver and the power reserve indicator. The crane mode is totally crazy awesome :grin:

Definitely a terrifying abomination to behold... but I love it.  Great functions and incorporation into the odd but satisfying design of the robot.  I especially like the outrigger stabilizers in crane mode.  Awesome build!  :classic:

15 hours ago, sheo said:

Last but not least, CoRob is always happy with his job and has no plans to rebel.

That made me laugh out loud:laugh:!

Looks great and interesting!

That tool belt is a nice detail and I especially love the legs! w

Will there be a video?

Thanks for the comments guys!

Despite my failure in the contest, I'm glad I participated because it was the only reason to build such a crazy thing! :laugh:

14 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

The face reminds me of Robin, an annoying little robot from a Dutch tv-series for kids:laugh: (it's called Bassie&Adriaan, if you're interested...).

It's equally terrifying! :oh:

4 hours ago, shadow_elenter said:

Will there be a video?

All of the functions are actuated manually, so I chose to skip the video.

3 hours ago, sheo said:

All of the functions are actuated manually, so I chose to skip the video.

I had seen that, but waching someone operate the functions manually can still be very interesting:wink:.

1 hour ago, shadow_elenter said:

I had seen that, but waching someone operate the functions manually can still be very interesting:wink:.

Especially with all those worm gears and linear actuators. :laugh: