Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

5 hours ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

As has been discussed before, the euro pricing is more partially because Americans pay sales tax (usually around 6% depending on the state) on top of the prices shown. THat doesn't fully make up for the price difference but it does account for some of it.

I imagine there are a number of economic factors that contribute to it being more than a simple conversion.

I wish it were 6%.  I'm paying around 10% where I am.

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think I might give Fleur from the first task the female genie hair piece. She should have a longer pony tail than what we’re getting without the bangs in the front so the genie hair piece will work well I think. 

Whilst I agree the hairpiece used for her is too short, the female Genie hairpiece is far too long, and I think Lego would rather go for a little bit too short than far too long, plus it’s at the wrong angle, Fleur doesn’t wear her hair like that

8 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Whilst I agree the hairpiece used for her is too short, the female Genie hairpiece is far too long, and I think Lego would rather go for a little bit too short than far too long, plus it’s at the wrong angle, Fleur doesn’t wear her hair like that

It’s still closer than what they gave her. She doesn’t wear her hair like that either

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It’s still closer than what they gave her. She doesn’t wear her hair like that either

I’d rather have shorter and more realistic than longer and stupidly cartoony, which is what the Genie hairpiece is

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:

I’d rather have shorter and more realistic than longer and stupidly cartoony, which is what the Genie hairpiece is

Agree to disagree I suppose 

1 hour ago, RyanMe said:

I wish it were 6%.  I'm paying around 10% where I am.

You’re not gonna get any sympathy on here though. We pay 19% over here. 

Sales tax isn’t the reason for the price disparity though.  Sure, it explains a little, but smart companies know how to maximize their revenue per customer.  German companies also charge more in Germany for their goods than they do in the states. International companies such as Apple are masters of pricing their markets. 

5 minutes ago, Buckeye J said:

You’re not gonna get any sympathy on here though. We pay 19% over here. 

Sales tax isn’t the reason for the price disparity though.  Sure, it explains a little, but smart companies know how to maximize their revenue per customer.  German companies also charge more in Germany for their goods than they do in the states. International companies such as Apple are masters of pricing their markets. 

But isn't your 19% already factored into the price?  If you buy a $100 set, doesnt'' (roughly) $81 go to the store and $19 go to the govenrment.  If I buy a $100 item, I pay $110, #100 goes to the store, 10 goes to the government.  

So if set 75948 sells for $90 in the US and 100€ for you, I end up paying $99 with Lego getting 90 of it were you pay 100, but Lego only gets about 82€.  Of course none of this factors in conversion of money 

23 minutes ago, RODDY said:

This isn't the Economics 101 thread. :sick:

You’re right, it’s essentailly the wishlist and I’m right and if you oppose me we’ll have to have a 20 minute arguement over 2 pages.

6 minutes ago, LDDproductions said:

You’re right, it’s essentailly the wishlist and I’m right and if you oppose me we’ll have to have a 20 minute arguement over 2 pages.

Well you agreed with my point, I agree with your point, what are we going to argue over now? 

21 hours ago, Whovastron said:

for the $15 set. I really wanna see just a classroom. The builds can be a workbench with glasses and a cauldron, and then there could be a book cabinet and a teachers desk maybe. And then the students can just be one from each house. Could have named characters, like Ginny, Crabbe etc. And then you could buy multiples to make other characters. It would be awesome to someday be able to populate hogwarts with tons of students.

It would be really great to get more student figures in sets, especially those from other houses! Its really frustrating how the hufflepuff and slytherin school torsos are only available in the Great Hall set, and it would be great to get uniforms with the robes printed over the top like the CMF minifigures had (a lot of Slytherin characters had their robes on a lot, especially in POA). 

As for the mystery $15 set its odd how there is no rumour about what it could contain. Considering the two other sets we'll have had from Lego at that price point will be the Aragog set and the Patronus set I wonder if this other set will follow the same pattern and focus around magical creatures as well. If this wave is exclusively based on Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire there's only two sets I think could work. One would be a Buckbeak vs Werewolf Lupin set with Harry, Hermione and yet another small tree build (unlikely considering Lego will probably want Buckbeak exclusive to Hagrid's Hut). The other would be a Second Task set with Harry, Krum with a Shark head, a Mermaid and Hermione. The build would be a similar size to the Atlantis set from Justice League and at least all the minifigures would be fairly unique.

Can anyone think of other memorable scenes from either of the two films that would work in such a small set? 

27 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

It would be really great to get more student figures in sets, especially those from other houses! Its really frustrating how the hufflepuff and slytherin school torsos are only available in the Great Hall set, and it would be great to get uniforms with the robes printed over the top like the CMF minifigures had (a lot of Slytherin characters had their robes on a lot, especially in POA). 

As for the mystery $15 set its odd how there is no rumour about what it could contain. Considering the two other sets we'll have had from Lego at that price point will be the Aragog set and the Patronus set I wonder if this other set will follow the same pattern and focus around magical creatures as well. If this wave is exclusively based on Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire there's only two sets I think could work. One would be a Buckbeak vs Werewolf Lupin set with Harry, Hermione and yet another small tree build (unlikely considering Lego will probably want Buckbeak exclusive to Hagrid's Hut). The other would be a Second Task set with Harry, Krum with a Shark head, a Mermaid and Hermione. The build would be a similar size to the Atlantis set from Justice League and at least all the minifigures would be fairly unique.

Can anyone think of other memorable scenes from either of the two films that would work in such a small set? 

What if it’s just a werewolf set? Like you get the werewolf and Sirius as a dog and then Harry or someone for good measure

In regards to a scene that would fit in the $15 price range could be Lupin teaching Harry how to use expecto patronum. While there is already going to be a set by that name, it could easily be called something like “Defense Against the Dark Arts Class” or something kind of silly like “Harry’s Spell Training.” You could have Lupin, Harry, a Dementor and either a treasure chest or a cabinet to put a boggart/dementor in so that Harry can fight it. There could also be a desk with some stuff on it.

4 minutes ago, Henry Bricklider said:

In regards to a scene that would fit in the $15 price range could be Lupin teaching Harry how to use expecto patronum. While there is already going to be a set by that name, it could easily be called something like “Defense Against the Dark Arts Class” or something kind of silly like “Harry’s Spell Training.” You could have Lupin, Harry, a Dementor and either a treasure chest or a cabinet to put a boggart/dementor in so that Harry can fight it. There could also be a desk with some stuff on it.

While that would be awesome, I feel like Lego wouldn’t release two small sets in a row that include Harry and a dementor (even if one is actually a boggart). 

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

While that would be awesome, I feel like Lego wouldn’t release two small sets in a row that include Harry and a dementor (even if one is actually a boggart). 

That’s fair. Personally, I wouldn’t complain about getting two small sets each with a dementor :wink:

My prediction is that we get the Pensieve scene from GOF with Igor Karkaroff and Harry + maybe a slightly younger Dumbledore or Barty Crouch senior.

52 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Just now, Minga 089 said:

My prediction is that we get the Pensieve scene from GOF with Igor Karkaroff and Harry + maybe a slightly younger Dumbledore or Barty Crouch senior.

That’d be pretty neat. It could also be a small vignette of Dumbledore’s office.

10 minutes ago, Henry Bricklider said:

I like that idea. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Wardrobe the Boggart is kept in. And maybe a record player too. It would also be a good place for the Bricktober Snape.

Ooh, what about the Qudditch World Cup? Have Harry, maybe Arthur Weasley and one of the Weasley kids (Ginny or Ron) and have a small tent build and a cart with Quidditch merchandise.

A Quidditch World Cup could work. I think LEGO do have an existing tent piece which was in the Indiana Jones line. (Though it would defeat the purpose of it being bigger on the inside) Or otherwise they could go for a brickbuilt tent that unfolds. Similar to Newt’s suitcase. I also wouldn’t mind seeing Amos Diggory.

4 hours ago, Whovastron said:

What if it’s just a werewolf set? Like you get the werewolf and Sirius as a dog and then Harry or someone for good measure

This could work! There’s hardly any interaction with Werewolf!Lupin in the book, but the sets are based off the movies, and they went out of thier way to really play up the werewolf fight and add a chase scene. 

The set could include the Werewolf, dog!Sirius, Harry and Hermione, as well as a tree build. If you want the Buckbeak to save them you have to buy Hagrid’s Hut :devil: lol. Seriously though, the original PoA wave included Buckbeak in both a small and medium set, so don’t discount the possibility he could appear in a $15 set as well (especially if said set appears 2 months after the more expensive set he’s in)

I really want this though because we’re badly in need of an updated Werewolf. For the 2004 version they just included thier generic horror Werewolf head that went over Lupin’s existing head and body. It’s about as ridiculous as it sounds. 

5 hours ago, Whovastron said:

I like that idea, it could come with a small rock build based off where they fought each other in the film. There's no existing Lego dog that fits Sirius either so it would be cool to get a uniquely molded/printed version. They could always throw in Snape as well, considering he was the one who tried to protect the trio from the werewolf. 

5 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I like that idea, it could come with a small rock build based off where they fought each other in the film. There's no existing Lego dog that fits Sirius either so it would be cool to get a uniquely molded/printed version. They could always throw in Snape as well, considering he was the one who tried to protect the trio from the werewolf. 

Sirius’ animagus form in the PoA movie is basically just a black German shepherd type dog with slightly longer and scruffier fur. The current police dog mold would work in a pinch, although as far as I know it’s never been done in black before, so it would need a new color and printing. 

As for Snape? Meh. I know he has some fans, but he really doesn’t play an important role in the Werewolf scene (even with the movie doing its best to make him less awful). I’d rather have Hermione, who actually lures the Werewolf away from Harry. Plus, that way you could combine both $15 sets and make the whole scene, time travelers and all.