Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

3 hours ago, Jawaguy4 said:

It does

Harry is last to face his dragon and Cedric is the first to face his. That is why Cedric has that black cloak on and why Harry doesn't have his on yet in the tent scene. The black cloak is placed over his hoodie (tent outfit).

Yes, two others already corrected me on this right after I posted that.

3 hours ago, Jawaguy4 said:

It does

Harry is last to face his dragon and Cedric is the first to face his. That is why Cedric has that black cloak/robe on and why Harry doesn't have his on yet in the tent scene. The black cloak/robe is placed over his hoodie (tent outfit).

I'm a big fan of this scene in the film and I don't want to cause any arguments in this forum, but you are correct. The Harry minifig we are getting has this exact printing^ he has both arms in dark red, and if you look on the front of his torso when you brighten it, he has dark red on his shoulders area that are meant to represent the continuation of the dark red arms (meaning that this^ is the hoodie part under the outer black cloak). Also he does have Potter and the hood just like this photo^. This is why Cedric doesn't have yellow arms, because he has the black outer cloak over it, while Harry doesn't have his outer cloak on yet in this scene, he only has it on once he leaves to face the dragon. But like I said we will all see clearly once we see the official HD images from Lego. Also I still love the Harry minifig and I love that they decided to give him just the hoodie part with the dark red arms, makes him stand out more from Cedric in my opinion.

I think that going with just the hoodie was the best choice, as it's a new variant we've never gotten before. And this is LEGO after all, so if you don't like the figure, you could always switch the arms to black to make it more closely resemble the robe.

Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

I think that going with just the hoodie was the best choice, as it's a new variant we've never gotten before. And this is LEGO after all, so if you don't like the figure, you could always switch the arms to black to make it more closely resemble the robe.

Yeah exactly aha, the version from that 2005 dragon set had the outer black cloak on.

I did post evidence a few pages back that it is the actual task version, but I’ll reiterate, sans picture.

there is some red lining visable on either side of the red v shape on the Minifigure, this is to represent the lining of the coat, it’s the same as on the Cedric Minifigure :classic: so it’s the task version, not tent, atleast in my opinion it looks like it

EDIT: they could have tried to get the print to match with Harry’s mid-leg print in the CMF series. Like how cedrics lines up with the General Hux print. Would have worked well

Second EDIT: what if it’s a mix of both? Because the lining of the cloak is definitely there, but also the red on the shoulders also is, maybe they’ve combined both looks somehow?

Edited by Whovastron

10 minutes ago, Lego Lad said:

If you look on the front of his torso when you brighten it, he has dark red on his shoulders area that are meant to represent the continuation of the dark red arms (meaning that this^ is the hoodie part under the outer black cloak).

Exactly, I don't see how it could be more obvious that it's the tent uniform. If it was when he is facing the Horntail, the cloak/robe Harry is wearing would just be a recolour of Cedric's uniform. I think's it better that way so we don't just get a recolour of Cedric's.

Good grief guys just take it to pm, please, I actually thought there was some hot new news, instead I just read 3 pages of, no I'm right your wrong. 

Just now, Johnny1360 said:

Good grief guys just take it to pm, please, I actually thought there was some hot new news, instead I just read 3 pages of, no I'm right your wrong. 

To be fair this page right now is less argument, more discussion of reasons. Was just a couple people arguing earlier

If we’ve reached the agreement, that it is in fact the tent version, I hate to be that guy, but I feel like randombricker owes me an apology 

To which I will also say, I am also sorry random bricker didn’t mean offence if I caused you any 

Just now, Legoniche said:

If we’ve reached the agreement, that it is in fact the tent version, I hate to be that guy, but I feel like randombricker owes me an apology 

To which I will also say, I am also sorry random bricker didn’t mean offence if I caused you any 

You made the hint earlier, I would’ve apologised earlier, had you not said “I deserve an apology”, so again, I am not apologising, I haven’t come to an agreement on anything, I’m just avoiding this forum and anything that could cause an argument because I have more important things to do

45 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

To be fair this page right now is less argument, more discussion of reasons. Was just a couple people arguing earlier

If you say so

5 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

You made the hint earlier, I would’ve apologised earlier, had you not said “I deserve an apology”, so again, I am not apologising, I haven’t come to an agreement on anything, I’m just avoiding this forum and anything that could cause an argument because I have more important things to do

Suit yourself, just know I have apologised to you :)

Edited by Legoniche

I think the Harry Potter minifigure is the one from the Taskmaster episode where Greg Davies asks him to wear the most controversial thing he can find.

Seriously though, we don't know which variant were getting. The red arms and shoulder printings do suggest it's the tent version but, then again, it could just be that Lego are cheap and didn't  dual mould red and black arms or did their own mix of designs. Only Lego can say for sure. 

So, to paraphrase Lucius: Now, now boys, let's play nicely.  

Reused faces are a 2 outta 3 for me. Fleur's looks great, didn't even realize it was a reuse initially. Cedric's is fine, and we already have a CMF of him to swap with if need be. Krum doesn't work so I'll just go rooting through my collection to find a replacement. I like the idea of using the first-run Ghost Kanan with the black goatee. Tanned skin is a bit odd but it's okay.

Well at least we have seen what the Goblet of Fire version of Harry looks like, now we will have to wait and see what the Prisoner of Azkaban version looks like. I can't wait to see the version that comes in the small Patronus set, I like the 'normal clothes' version of Harry in that scene because of the jacket he has on aha and also I am curious if they will use the Harry hair from last year's wave (which I wouldn't mind them doing) or will they use a different piece.

Edited by Lego Lad

Holy shit, can we either just freeze this thread or give the handful of people who can’t stop sniping at each other a timeout? This is ridiculous. 

29 minutes ago, BrickSantorum said:

Holy shit, can we either just freeze this thread or give the handful of people who can’t stop sniping at each other a timeout? This is ridiculous. 

:wub:

Sometimes us MODs are busy - we're all just regular people volunteering to keep EB going and discussions sane.

This discussion has unfortunately not been sane lately, and I do think a few people need a private talking to.

At the same time, it's perfectly ok to hotly discuss LEGO's design choices as long as it stays civil and respectful, which at times it has and at times it hasn't in these last few pages. The fact that a discussion about a single minifig has gone in this long in and of itself isn't a bad thing - it's the way that it's been carried out that has been bad.

For now I'll leave this as the one and only warning that if ANYONE devolves into rude language, name calling, or any other kind of disrespectful behavior, I will lock this thread until such time as a new piece of information becomes available to discuss. (Don't worry, I check Instagram religiously.)

Finally, for the record it's pretty obvious to me that the Harry Potter fig is the in-the-tent version in the hoody, before he puts the outer cloak on. The reason the chest V looks the same as Cedric is because Cedric wears the exact same style of hoody underneath the outer cloak, and the outer cloak itself has a wider V-neck than the hoody, so both V-necks are visible with the outer cloak on.

I think the fact that it is not completely obvious which version of Harry is being represented (I have not personally looked into so please don't take this as a denial of either view) maybe suggests that Lego has not done a completely faithful movie outfit, but a mash up so kids can recreate the entire sequence from tent to task. Currently the photo is not really adequate to form a definite opinion for me. And whilst as a 'purist' minifigure collector the idea of customising isn't for me, at least with Lego you do have the ability to slightly customise if you wish and switch arm colour etc. As a kid though I would have been thrilled with these figures. Heck as an adult I'm thrilled with these figs, Fleur's bushy eyebrows and big mouth and all. ?  

I’m hesitant to add anything to the “Is Harry in the tent or not” discussion, but after looking through a bunch of images from the film and just the costume on display, it appears that both the inner (tent) jacket and the outer (arena) jacket have hoodies, and the inner jacket’s hoodie has red lining inside it, so that would explain the red V on the minifigure’s torso. Looking back and forth between the leaked image and the costume, I really believe that red inner jacket lining is what the designers were going for.

D3D6FE2A-71F3-40BC-B229-F53F7DC729F5.jpeg

My son and I look forward to a new wave of sets as we really enjoyed the previous. Since the Whomping Willow in the Hogwarts Castle is a mini version of the regular sized Wilow, do you think the new Hagrid´s Hut will be a regular sized version of the Hogwarts Castle mini version In regards to how it looks? 

Also look forward to the Horntail and hope it turns out to be a cool build. 

26 minutes ago, ad79 said:

My son and I look forward to a new wave of sets as we really enjoyed the previous. Since the Whomping Willow in the Hogwarts Castle is a mini version of the regular sized Wilow, do you think the new Hagrid´s Hut will be a regular sized version of the Hogwarts Castle mini version In regards to how it looks? 

Also look forward to the Horntail and hope it turns out to be a cool build. 

I would definitely expect it to be the two-room hut from Prisoner of Azkaban as the trio being able to sneak out round the back from Fudge and Macnair to rescue Buckbeak was quite an important part of the film! I thinks its also at a higher price point than the last Hagrids Hut sets so it should be a bit bigger. 

I absolutely loved the brick-built Fantastic Beasts from the suitcase last year so have quite high hopes for the Horn-Tail! I'm expecting that it will still have a uniquely molded head, spiked tail and wings 

So with regards to macnair, do you guys think it will a printed head that makes the mask, or an actual headpiece mask