Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Sorry, I'm confused were there not official centaur base made before? Is it not just a case of updating that mold in line with the new horses? 

19 minutes ago, LegoDakin said:

Sorry, I'm confused were there not official centaur base made before? Is it not just a case of updating that mold in line with the new horses? 

Nope, we've never gotten Centaurs before

I was just looking through the submissions for the Harry Potter Christmas contest on the Ideas website when I saw this Hogsmeade submission. This would be perfect as a set. It was build by user MartinOt.

resize:800:450

Here's the link if you want to check it out for yourself. There are also some interior shots.

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/fa395293-eda9-4603-83cc-aac44c1052cb/application/9a0b44ec-21df-4dd6-b83d-e279b19fa8e4

I would buy it in a heartbeat! That’s just gorgeous and well constructed. That tilted building :wub:

I wish LEGO would make sets like this. 

It’s looks really nice, a large ‘Hogsmeade winter village’ set of this style would no doubt be a best seller :D

LEGO would be fools to not do something like that!

So I picked up this book called Lego Harry Potter Build Your Own Adventure and inside there are a lot of amazing creations based on the Philosopher's Stone like for example how to build a Privet Drive, the snake scene with Dudley and also a brick build Fluffy. All those creations look pretty good to me and fit in perfectly with the new sets. Also there are a lot of neat techniques etc. illustrated inside. Definitely worth a pickup in my opinion.

Found an online image of Fluffy credit to BricksFanz

48284197902_e064821d36_b.jpg

Edited by TheBrickBuilder14

On 11/1/2019 at 5:25 PM, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

So I picked up this book called Lego Harry Potter Build Your Own Adventure and inside there are a lot of amazing creations based on the Philosopher's Stone like for example how to build a Privet Drive, the snake scene with Dudley and also a brick build Fluffy. All those creations look pretty good to me and fit in perfectly with the new sets.

I think it looks very blocky. The grey/black joints stand out too much for my liking. It's interesting how we did get a Cerberus (Fluffy) mold back in the day, but never a centaur.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

57 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I think it looks very blocky. The grey/black joints stand out too much for my liking. It's interesting how we did get a Cerberus (Fluffy) mold back in the day, but never a centaur.

A three headed dog appeals much more to kids than a Centaur, especially as the Centaurs' part in the earlier movies are really small

Hay guys for anyone in the U.K. John Lewis now has the Harry Potter advent Callander for a reduced price of only £17.50 in store!

On 11/1/2019 at 8:31 AM, Guyon2002 said:

I was just looking through the submissions for the Harry Potter Christmas contest on the Ideas website when I saw this Hogsmeade submission. This would be perfect as a set. It was build by user MartinOt.

Here's the link if you want to check it out for yourself. There are also some interior shots.

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/fa395293-eda9-4603-83cc-aac44c1052cb/application/9a0b44ec-21df-4dd6-b83d-e279b19fa8e4

This is stunning! Would love this if it was made into a set :wub:

also not sure this has been shared And I know they doesn’t mean we always get new characters etc which are sketched but in the new search and find Harry Potter book they’ve sketched a Cornish pixie. Would be great in a small little set with Lockhart! 

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, AusMinifig said:

also not sure this has been shared And I know they doesn’t mean we always get new characters etc which are sketched but in the new search and find Harry Potter book they’ve sketched a Cornish pixie. Would be great in a small little set with Lockhart! 

Could also work nicely in the CMF series as I think a set based on the 2nd movie is unlikely to happen relatively soon.

2 minutes ago, AusMinifig said:

This is stunning! Would love this if it was made into a set :wub:

Yup the drawn characters in from the book have been discussed. But basically 90% of the new stuff we see in books like that are things we either never get or not in that particular form.

I personally feel like there is a big chance of Lockhart popping up in the CMF and a Baby Groot-like Pixie would be one of the best accesories possible for him

44 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I personally feel like there is a big chance of Lockhart popping up in the CMF and a Baby Groot-like Pixie would be one of the best accesories possible for him

Like the one Ash flash designed? I agree, it would be great if he's included. Plus a pixie piece would look good in mocs for a Defense against the dark arts room.

16 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Anybody know where I can get the original Dumbledore at a decent price?

Here you go: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=hp008&name=Albus Dumbledore (Yellow Version)&category=[Harry Potter][Sorcerer's Stone]#T=S&O={"iconly":0} :classic:

33 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Like the one Ash flash designed? I agree, it would be great if he's included. Plus a pixie piece would look good in mocs for a Defense against the dark arts room.

Yeah, sure. I was mostly bringing Groot up because I don't think a Pixie could be done at a smaller scale but Ashnflash's design is pretty much what I would like to get

13 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Anybody know where I can get the original Dumbledore at a decent price?

You'll have most luck on Bricklink, though older minifigures like him can be quite expensive. And if you don't mind me asking, why exactly do you want an original Dumbledore? Especially with the current figures all being fleshies I'm kinda curious, do you have an OG HP collection or something similair?

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah, sure. I was mostly bringing Groot up because I don't think a Pixie could be done at a smaller scale but Ashnflash's design is pretty much what I would like to get

Yeah. Of course they'd technically end up being about the same size as the niffler from the FB sets (and cmf), but I can't think of another way around it.

It'd also be nice to see updates for Goblins, Werewolf Lupin and the Dragon from Gringotts. I think these are very likely, obviously if they make a Gringotts/Diagon Alley set.

6 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Yeah. Of course they'd technically end up being about the same size as the niffler from the FB sets (and cmf), but I can't think of another way around it.

It'd also be nice to see updates for Goblins, Werewolf Lupin and the Dragon from Gringotts. I think these are very likely, obviously if they make a Gringotts/Diagon Alley set.

I wouldn't say no to the Gringotts Dragon but if he would be included in a big Diagon Alley set I'd rather get another building instead

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't say no to the Gringotts Dragon but if he would be included in a big Diagon Alley set I'd rather get another building instead

I imagine the Gringotts dragon would be in the same style as this year’s Hungarian Horntail, at least for the sake of consistency. In that case, the parts he‘d use up wouldn‘t interfere with the part counts of the buildings included :wink: Now that you‘ve brought it up, combining scenes from multiple films into one Diagon Alley set does sound rather enticing :drool:

I think a Centaur would be too big for a CMF, I think the best chance we got is a set of Dolores Umbridge getting attacked by the Centaurs in Order of Phoenix. Or some other Forbidden Forrest themed set down the line. 

24 minutes ago, Taidehaamu said:

I think a Centaur would be too big for a CMF, I think the best chance we got is a set of Dolores Umbridge getting attacked by the Centaurs in Order of Phoenix. Or some other Forbidden Forrest themed set down the line. 

We were talking about Centaurs in general and how they could be done, it wasn't CMF related. Besides, I can name tons of characters I'd rather get in a CMF than a Centaur

For the cmf series 2, I'm guessing Lego will want to still have a balance of students to teachers/other adults, so who knows we might get Lee Jordan, Romilda vane or other minor student characters. I'm not saying they'd be bad characters, just maybe not as many older characters.

19 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

For the cmf series 2, I'm guessing Lego will want to still have a balance of students to teachers/other adults, so who knows we might get Lee Jordan, Romilda vane or other minor student characters. I'm not saying they'd be bad characters, just maybe not as many older characters.

I think Lavender Brown would be a good candidate. Maybe Pansy Parkinson or finally a Crabbe and Goyle

47 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

We were talking about Centaurs in general and how they could be done, it wasn't CMF related. Besides, I can name tons of characters I'd rather get in a CMF than a Centaur

The thing is after so many slightly dull minifigures in the first cmf like Dean Thomas, Jacob Kowalski and Credence id rather get more interesting minifigures that actually use the new moulds or detailed printing you can only get with cmfs. 

Werewolf Lupin, another Hogwarts ghost and a Gringotts goblin are right at the top of my wish list partly because they’d really stick out from the other figures and would appeal to people less familiar with Harry Potter 

27 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

The thing is after so many slightly dull minifigures in the first cmf like Dean Thomas, Jacob Kowalski and Credence id rather get more interesting minifigures that actually use the new moulds or detailed printing you can only get with cmfs. 

Werewolf Lupin, another Hogwarts ghost and a Gringotts goblin are right at the top of my wish list partly because they’d really stick out from the other figures and would appeal to people less familiar with Harry Potter 

I agree, but Centaurs are just so meh for a CMF imo. I would definetely like to get them but not in the CMF.

As for the top of my wish list: Professor Sprout, Madam Pomfrey, Kingsley, Tonks and Kreacher. If we get these 5 next year through either the sets or the CMF I will be 100% satisfied