Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

The Expecto Patronum set cannot possibly be $15. It must be $20. It has four figures and two large trees and a new animal mold! It’s amazing for $15 and still a good value for $20. 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The Expecto Patronum set cannot possibly be $15. It must be $20. It has four figures and two large trees and a new animal mold! It’s amazing for $15 and still a good value for $20. 

I agree, it’s got to be $20, and compared the $20 price point set from last year’s Wizarding World wave it’s still an amazing value. (Double the minifigures and what looks to be a larger build) It’s kind of interesting that both had new large animal molds though, not something I’d expect, but if Lego wants to put amazing new large molds in low price point sets I’m not going to complain. 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yes I agree, just compared it to 10-25$ sets now, remove 1 dementor and both trees and then it is a normal 15$ licensed set :tongue:

It looks amazing and I am happy to see Lego keep making excellent WW sets with at least the same quality as last year if not better :wub:

What is that round piece sticking out of the tree, just over the dementor head? Could it be a brown owl on a branch?! If so Lego are answering my prayers to put more owls in the sets like earlier years sets had :excited:

18 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Yes I agree, just compared it to 10-25$ sets now, remove 1 dementor and both trees and then it is a normal 15$ licensed set :tongue:

It looks amazing and I am happy to see Lego keep making excellent WW sets with at least the same quality as last year if not better :wub:

What is that round piece sticking out of the tree, just over the dementor head? Could it be a brown owl on a branch?! If so Lego are answering my prayers to put more owls in the sets like earlier years sets had :excited:

The set is honestly amazing, but yeah I noticed the exact same thing, there is something above the Dementor's head on the tree furthest away, does kind of look like a brown owl but it could just be a thicker branch from the tree - maybe a hidden play feature? But if there is a play feature in this set what would it be, maybe its a switch to move a part of the leaves to launch a Dementor into the air? I don't know.

This set is truly perfect! You get 4 minifigures, new big animal mould and a big great build! It's amazing. I'm still trying to figure out how is the build looking so big with only 100 pieces! I'm looking forward to see all the sets, I feel like they can be even better.

Heck is that the official box art??  *oh2*

Because it features Sirius pretty much dying

I just find it odd for a LEGO box art

I know this isn’t really related to the 2019 wave but I thought I might mention it while there is a gap between expecto patronum leaking and the next set, does anyone think they will do anything special for 20th anniversary of Harry Potter sets in 2021 although they haven’t produced sets for all the years?

34 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Heck is that the official box art??  *oh2*

Because it features Sirius pretty much dying

I just find it odd for a LEGO box art

Well its what happens in this scene. I think they did it because 1. he gets saved, 2. its "only" his soul, 3. its has no real violence and 4. its a kids movie.

But I was very surprised that they did that too

The set looks excellent!

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

What is that round piece sticking out of the tree, just over the dementor head?

My first thought (and it hurts to say this) is that it looks like a stud shooter...

32 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

I know this isn’t really related to the 2019 wave but I thought I might mention it while there is a gap between expecto patronum leaking and the next set, does anyone think they will do anything special for 20th anniversary of Harry Potter sets in 2021 although they haven’t produced sets for all the years?

Most likely not as they haven't continously made sets for the last 20 years, they didn't do anything for the 10th anniversary of the MCU so why would they do this? Star Wars makes sense as they've made sets every single year for the last 20 years

26 minutes ago, RandomSniper109 said:

I think that is actually quite likely. The theme is a bestseller and has remained very iconic despite the inactivity, plus some of the most demanded sets in the line fit into the remake category. If they did do an anniversary line, I imagine the sets (and classic minifigures) would be something like: 

The Sorting Hat (Casual Blue Sweater Ron) - $15

Slytherin (Quidditch Harry Potter) - $20

Forbidden Corridor (Severus Snape) -$40

Shrieking Shack (Albus Dumbledore) -$50

Chamber of Secrets (Hermione Granger) -$90

Again, this list is fully hypothetical, but I do think there's a fairly good chance.

20 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

The set looks excellent!

My first thought (and it hurts to say this) is that it looks like a stud shooter...

To be fair Lego used a stud shooter in the Quidditch set from last year so it wouldn't surprise me if they added another in one of the sets this wave lol.

59 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

The set looks excellent!

Could be, but is it not to "round" to be s stud shooter:sceptic:

36 minutes ago, Lego Lad said:

To be fair Lego used a stud shooter in the Quidditch set from last year so it wouldn't surprise me if they added another in one of the sets this wave lol.

Would not surprise me either, but it makes more sense in the Quidditch set, unless they shoot the stag out instead of a stud :tongue:

lol I'm just dying to see pictures of the other sets, hopefully another set leaks in a few hours, really hoping to see the dragon task set next.

I'm waiting SO HARD to see First Task set, then I don't really care. I want to see the rest, but I'm not interested in buying them. Hagrid's Hut sounds nice tho.

17 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

Trees have a "spell caster function".

Really? If this is true it doesn't surprise me aha Lego usually adds in play features somehow, reminds me of the shooting spider web from the Aragog set.

Edited by Lego Lad

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Man, he’s really going to make us wait for these. This is cruel.

ikr. I am just sitting here refreshing ig every 5min haha 

I just asked nino why he isn‘t uploading the other sets as well and he says he‘s waiting for his source to tell him. No leaks for today :/

I have a sneaking feeling that this Patronum set will be the most well received in the wave besides maybe Hagrids Hut. I feel like the Yule Ball set might end up disappointing.

Doclord, I’m feeling the same way about the Clock Tower. The original was so good and I have so many fond memories, my expectations for another one are way too high.