Sign in to follow this  
Ross Fisher

[OL - FB] Celeste Dupré pens a letter

Celeste Dupré pens a letter

Letter from Duchess Celeste Dupré to Guérin Godefry de Tourment dated 3 November, 618.

My darling Guérin, I hope you are well!

It has been too long, simply too long since we last met! How is your darling wife? We miss her dreadfully at my salon. Please tell her the conversation is simply drab without her charming sparkle.

And your daughter, she must be nearly of an age? When do you plan to let her debut in society? You must allow me the honour. I will throw Granoleon's finest gala ball for her. 

I am so sorry to hear of your son's sickness. I will send my best physician to you as soon as he is ready to travel. I know the boy has his father's strength, and I have faith that, with the grace of the gods, he will recover.

But I am afraid I have a silly request to make of you. It's my little brother. Not the priest; I hear the Order plans to promote him after some business in the colonies, to Abbaye or something? No, we need to do something about the baby of the family, young Pierre

Possibly you have heard the nickname he has been lumbered with? "Le Chevalier de la Chasse" - so humiliating! As if he was some sort of debauchee. His vices don't even compare to those of his peers in the provinces. Like that Hollande fellow, scandalous!

Oh, I agree the fellow needs to change his ways, become a productive citizen of Oleon. But he can hardly do that under the cloud he is suffering with. 

To that end I am asking you to invest him with a rank. Make "Chevalier" more than a mockery. Give him a position he can apply himself to. I know you can. And you do owe me a favour or two. More than one member of your family owes their necks to the gentle words I had with the crown after that debacle during the Juniper Wars. And let's not forget, there are a few secrets of yours that I have been graceful enough not to share with your wife. Please, help me Guérin, you're my only hope.

Your affectionate,
Celeste Dupré

P.S. It occurs to me that you may not know the François family crest - we've been out of favour for a long time. It is, I am given to understand; A falcon displayed parted per pale azure and argent on a field counterparted argent and azure. I trust that you can make sense of that? I certainly can't. [1]

OOC, this is my request to the Oleon leadership for a promotion for my Sig. Being a clergyman, he cannot accept a noble title. But his little brother can! And perhaps you can see to it that the Padré receives an appropriate commensurate rank at the same time?

Edited by Ross Fisher

16 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

everybody and his lap dog

Yes but this lapdog is a lieutenant in the Royal Musketeers, and the king's old drinking buddy. If he can't get a knighthood, who can?

Monsieur Guérin,

I learned from our common friend, madame la duchesse de Dupré that there is some discontent about young Pierre's rank. Or more precisely the title of "chevalier de la chasse", monsieur, I'm afraid that there should be some misunderstanding. First, the knighthood has never been considered as a rank, but an honorific title awarded to those who have contributed actively to the glory of our empire. You should regard it as an honour, rather than an insult. 

The recent accomplishment of Padre François has gained him the favour of the court and we'll be more than pleased if he could pay us a visit, to discuss his ecclesiastic advancement, and the granting of an appropriate rank to monsieur Pierre.

Cordially,

Duc d'Ablette, le ministre des colonnies

PS: You may affix your family's crest in your signature if you so wish.

Letter from Duchess Celeste Dupré to Berart Mazan, Duc de Boussac, dated 16 December, 619.

My darling Berart,

It is my great pleasure to invite you to the coming-of-age ceremony of my younger son, Hercule Dupré (named for his maternal uncle). He is a big fan of yours, and I was hoping you could do us the great honour of conferring his rank as the of Baron of Boudenelles as part of the festivities? It's only a minor family title, I know, but he is so very fond of you.

The job would normally fall to his spiritual guardian, but when his paternal uncle eloped with that milkmaid last year, it put us in a bit of a bind. I have a brother in the service who would do the job splendidly, but he is off on the Brick Seas playing football or being made a Canon or something, and can't make it back in time.

I just know he would love to have you with us on the day. Please do RSVP as soon as you can. Let us know how many guests you would like to bring. 

Love,
Celeste, Duchess Dupré

This is my formal request for a promotion for the Abbé François. It's over a year since I asked for his last one. Since then he has celebrated Merrymornfound the weapon of Zeus, built a treasury for it, built a fort, been imprisoned in that fort, raised money for the church roofbuilt a temple of Poseidon on heathen shores, and listened to stories of the Great Alliance States.

This promotion would make him a Canon, in line with the Baronetcy that his nephew would inherit.

Edited by Ross Fisher

Letter from Duchess Celeste Dupré to Pierre Lavalette Genaro dated Jun 621,

My dear Pierre,

It has simply been too long, my dear. I've been meaning to visit Vele for several months, now. I desperately need some of that sea air I keep hearing our friends compliment. Your complexion at least has certainly been blessed by Poseidon himself. 

Oh but look at me going on! In truth, I'm writing to you regarding my eldest boy; Emile. He has been sitting around the house for far too long, now. I need someone of rank to introduce him at court.

Obviously it can't simply be Amand; a man's own father would simply be performing an obligation. But if a gentleman of *your* stature were to perform the favour, it would certainly be noted. And, needless to say, Emile Dupré, the Marquis de Guenin would owe you a favour. 

Perhaps I should ask His Eminence instead, but Calida isn't the biggest fan of my family at the moment. As you may be aware my brother, the Canon François is currently off rocking boats in the Brick Seas. Rumour is he expects to be promoted to Bishop among the clergy of Hades soon, and may even be awarded the Order of Saint Arltrees. Needless to say, we all benefit more by Emile flying your colours, so to speak.

My dear, I hope to hear back from you shortly! I will send Amand off to commission a court sword for our boy, and I will send for my tailor to spin me up some dresses for those lovely seaside promenades of yours. 

Your friend,
Celeste Dupré

This is my formal application for the Canon's appointment to the Order of St Arltrees, as well as his promotion to Bishop, in line with his nephew's promotion to Marquis. 

Since being promoted to Canon, Jules François has:

Turned the Cloistered Order of Hades Inflamed into the Knightly Order of the Treasury of Hades the Harvester of Astrapi

Founded the Seminary of Axel the Martyr in Astrapi.

Led the Knights against the Lotii, both on Oleonaise territory and on contested ground, supported by our new allies among the Tyree'dee and our old allies among the Carnese. Subsequently helped to build up the settlement of Fort Arltrees.

Led the Knights Treasurer to war in Terraversa, working with local contacts to develop a strategic plan for the Quiver of Artemis, which was in the care of the Order. 

When the Quiver was threatened by a peace process beyond his ability to influence, he arranged for it to be moved to safer territory, ensuring that its removal wasn't detected, and that Terraversa would always have a garrison of Knights Treasurer to watch over it

Built up relations with the locals in Kingsport by distributing aid parcels on Merrynight. Further sponsored popular measures in Terraversa, including the development of Silhouette's Umbran Cameos, and the River Sil Ferry

Contributed to the development of Acropolis with a rat-catcher and necropolis

Passed on information that led to the establishment of the Lavalette Mint Royale

Edited by Ross Fisher

Letter from Duchess Celeste Dupré to Guérin Godefry de Tourment dated December 622.

My darling Guérin, I hope you are well!

Once again you have my utmost thanks for helping find a solution for my eldest brother's predicament. He is, I'm afraid to say, a foolish man in some regards, and only happy to tumble into unfortunate situations the moment they bat their eyelids at him. 

I appreciate that the price we discussed was the opportunity to legitimise the offspring. Unfortunately, I have a second request, which may impact the first, somewhat. I present it now in a spirit of candour and fellowship. Simply put, we need to legitimise Hercule himself. 

Our old family title was Vicomte Guemain; in service to the old Comtes du Faro. As you may know, the Faro family died out, and their lands were subsumed by the crown. Ours, however, were not. 

When the old system of nobility was overhauled, all Vicomtes were upgraded to Comtes. It appears that our father was too ill to make the trip to court in order to confirm his new title. The family has been in a legal grey area ever since. My understanding is that Hercule feared to let anyone know, in case the title was annulled entirely.

I bring this to light now because it appears that Hercule is currently out-ranked by some Corrish Count. One who, apparently, attacked and damaged one of our own colonies out there. Such an embarrassment should not be allowed to stand. Would you mind awfully setting the matter straight?

To the same point, I feel it is a crime that Jules still only holds the same rank as that cruel brigand Meloche. Is it not time that he deserved a promotion as well? I'm sure you'll put a word in the right ear.

Your affectionate,

Celeste Dupré

It has been 18 months since I last asked for a promotion so.... pretty please? I'm hoping to field an upgraded Archbishop François real soon. Got the parts and everything.

Since last year the Bishop, and his minions, have mainly been expanding the Terraversa territories. He built a warehouse and a Mardieran consulate in Nola Mar, a Monastery (with organ!) in North Silithonia, and a Coffee House in Kingsport, which helped to influence to Eslandolan election. Speaking of which, he was also present for the peace treaty talks, and his people helped to foil an attempt to disrupt them. Nola Mar also played host to the BotBSFT 622, which may lead to more building in Nola Mar. 

In addition, the Bishop has been active on the front in El Oleonda. First he reaffirmed his links with the Tyree'dee, and the Sisters of Artemis, then he actively recruited the Tyree'dee to help with the war effort. When the new Général turned up, our Bishop was quick to make himself helpful. He then accompanied the troops when they marched into battle, and acted as an intelligence officer

Right now I'm not clear whether there's anyone in a position to grant me the promotion, but here's hoping you agree that I've earned it. 

Also, I've realised that I'm a Eurobricks Count now, so that's nice!

Edited by Ross Fisher

7 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Right now I'm not clear whether there's anyone in a position to grant me the promotion, but here's hoping you agree that I've earned it. 

I've asked about Oleon leadership in court. Hopefully I'll have an answer for you on this soon...

C'mon, isn't it obvious??? Archbishop really deserves a promotion, if only to see him wear something more elegant!!! :pir_tong2: :pir_tong2: :pir_tong2:

Let's lobby for his promotion guys :pir-grin:

On 12/16/2022 at 12:35 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Comtes

Just to really confuse things, I think I've done this the wrong way round. Last time I applied for a promotion to Marquis because I'd missed a year, worked my butt off, and built a royal property, which was one of the requirements.

This time round I applied for a promotion to Comte, which is the rank below, and was probably technically what was awarded last year. So yeah, I'm *actually* applying for the higher rank, but I missed doing the "Comte" storyline last time, so I'm doing that now.

Go on, make the Bish an Arch!