Cylo

Fake Lego pieces in my BrickOwl order

Hi all,

Recently I made a BrickOwl order, and disappointingly found 3 counterfeit Lego pieces. Can I ask if this has happened to anyone else? (this is my first brickowl order, ever)

I don't know if this is a common thing to happen and would be grateful for some answers! 

Thank you for your time.

It has never happened to me. Just contact the seller and tell them, and take it from there.

17 hours ago, MAB said:

It has never happened to me. Just contact the seller and tell them, and take it from there.

Ok, thanks!

First, it's only a counterfeit if it's not made by Lego & has "Lego" written on the part. But I doubt you'd then see the difference, and I doubt that such parts even exist, so you're probably talking about clone brands.

In hundreds of BL orders, never had any clone brand, but if I had and they fooled me, well I don't even care then.
I only once suspected a LBG mini-lever rod to be fake because it was not like others, its base had no mark, and wasn't fitting properly. But nope, I checked, and levers of that era were just like that.

If you got clones, I suppose you bought used. There the problem is much more to get dirty parts with food or poop on them, than getting clones.

And if you're talking about minifigs, I guess you could call those counterfeit, indeed. You should definitely report such shops. A shop selling clone brands as used is just one that doesn't care enough, but a shop selling fake minifigs has more chances to be doing it on purpose.

On 10/24/2018 at 11:11 AM, anothergol said:

If you got clones, I suppose you bought used. There the problem is much more to get dirty parts with food or poop on them, than getting clones.

Sorry to revive an old topic - but food or poop on them, I hope you're joking!

Did you ever get parts in such worse condition?

I mostly wash used parts if I get them. after that I'm happy with them and they go in my bins with other parts. Does everyone wash parts when you get used sets in?

I've ever only gotten twice or so clone brands in a bricklink order, but that was unintentional from the seller, and got refunded for those.

2 hours ago, TWP said:

food or poop on them

I strongly advise never to buy used parts from me..
Even not new in box sets.
Since I have seven lovely Norwegian Forest cats:wub: you will always get free cat hairs with your order.
I guarantee that :laugh:

45 minutes ago, coinoperator said:

I strongly advise never to buy used parts from me..
Even not new in box sets.
Since I have seven lovely Norwegian Forest cats:wub: you will always get free cat hairs with your order.
I guarantee that :laugh:

With 7 cats, you would probably be ok buying used LEGO from me.  My cat pee'd in a box of LEGO.  I washed them but am still finding bits of dried cat urine crystals stuck in the deep nooks and crannies every now and then.  :laugh:

That happened here once too :cry_sad:
happily it was just a very little bit end I put it all in the dishwasher so no problems afterward.
Good lesson for me, those little cat brains easily mix up a box of loose Lego with their own litterbox.

edit:
Used lego (and duplo) goes always in a tub of hot water with Dettol here.
I buy it for 10 euro/Kg and you never know what happened with it.

Edited by coinoperator

5 hours ago, TWP said:

Sorry to revive an old topic - but food or poop on them, I hope you're joking!

Did you ever get parts in such worse condition?

I mostly wash used parts if I get them. after that I'm happy with them and they go in my bins with other parts. Does everyone wash parts when you get used sets in?

Food: definitely

Poop: how would I know.. but I suspect yes (& there's technically poop on nearly everything, if you think of it)

In my last order it was unidentified crap + unremovable paint + crushed/destroyed parts, the usual stuff.

On the bright side, new parts from BL (when it's not a lie, that is - for some "nearly like new = new") are better than new from Lego itself, as a trans clear canopy from Bricks&Pieces is guaranteed to arrive scratched.

Edited by anothergol

Ew, some horrific stories... guess I would need to wash my used lego better! And maybe also the used lego that I bought a while ago when I didn't wash used lego yet...

21 hours ago, dr_spock said:

With 7 cats, you would probably be ok buying used LEGO from me.  My cat pee'd in a box of LEGO.  I washed them but am still finding bits of dried cat urine crystals stuck in the deep nooks and crannies every now and then.  :laugh:

:laugh::laugh:

Fortunately mine just like to lie on my Lego and get very grumpy if they need moving.